Guilds need some Loving

LordRichardEW

Guilds need some loving, hot passionate loving from the devs, the kind of loving that would make romance authors blush.

So anyway I was thinking that maybe it is about time we had a patch the in part focused on Guild some. Since launch I think the only things added for guilds have been the guild bank and the exp boost while other aspects of the games have been given part of or whole updates. Guild could really use so updating.

Some idea i had with my guild on this subject that might be fun:

- Guild Capital Ship : This was brought up at the guild summit back in 2012. To my knowledge not much has been said on it since.

-An increase in the total number of members a guild can have in or haven the guild members joined to the guild by account name or legacy name: This so we can avoid alts taking up member space.

-Guild Symbols: This could be displayed next to the name or even on armor maybe

-Displaying of guild Rank: maybe the ability to display your rank next to your name or have little emblems of it show up on armor.

-Guild Store: The Guild store would let guild members list items that want to offer to their guild at lower price then they would people out side of the guild.

-Guild Colors: The ability to set armor color to pre- chosen color for the guild with out the use of dye, that can be toggled on or off.

These are just some my ideas.

If you support or don't support guilds being a bigger part of a coming update please post. Also if you have your own idea for what you would like to see if they did do this post them.

Edited by LordRichardEW

We just ran out of patience and announced on Sunday night that as of 15th December 2013 we are withdrawing our guild from Tor due to the severe lack of guild love and social aspects of the game.

We have given members who wish to stay (probably about half of our 143 unique accounts) 2 months notice so we can help them set up in other guilds if needed and they have full access still of our website and teamspeak to post/chat about alternatives, with a thread up already of other guilds and who has gone to them so friends can stay together.

Its a shame but despite trying over 2 years with content 6 days a week inc cron runs, social events and Ops we are constantly having issues with the pathetic character cap of 500 and a lack of other tools (we are lucky in that we have website/TS but others guilds don't have that)

We have been on about the lack of guild features since 3 months into the game but been met by silence so now we will concentrate fully on our other game and look at upcoming alternatives for us which are a better fit to us than Tor (The Repopulation looks decent).

We founded as a guild in 2005 and this is the first time we have ever chosen to leave a game.

Hopefully in a few years it may be more community based with plenty of guild features but for now its goodbye

We just ran out of patience and announced on Sunday night that as of 15th December 2013 we are withdrawing our guild from Tor due to the severe lack of guild love and social aspects of the game.

We have given members who wish to stay (probably about half of our 143 unique accounts) 2 months notice so we can help them set up in other guilds if needed and they have full access still of our website and teamspeak to post/chat about alternatives, with a thread up already of other guilds and who has gone to them so friends can stay together.

Its a shame but despite trying over 2 years with content 6 days a week inc cron runs, social events and Ops we are constantly having issues with the pathetic character cap of 500 and a lack of other tools (we are lucky in that we have website/TS but others guilds don't have that)

We have been on about the lack of guild features since 3 months into the game but been met by silence so now we will concentrate fully on our other game and look at upcoming alternatives for us which are a better fit to us than Tor (The Repopulation looks decent).

We founded as a guild in 2005 and this is the first time we have ever chosen to leave a game.

Hopefully in a few years it may be more community based with plenty of guild features but for now its goodbye

so a big multigame guild needs bioware to hold it's hand with community stuff?