I have 29 days left..

SaerethDL

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But i can't play without an active subscription? So i just bought a 60 dollar game and can't play my free month without putting my credit card info in.. whats the deal bioware?

Your card won't be charged anything before the renewal date. You still get a free month. Standard MMO practice.

I think they just want a valid credit card or game card for identity purposes. They wont charge your card till after 30 days - supposedly. I would be irked if they charged me the monthly fee before my full month is up. Then again it should be a 30 day sub not 27 unless they are counting on early game access days as well.

A little clarification would be great.

nope wrong.. not all mmo's had that. all they are trying to do is get more money by people forgetting or not knowing how to cancel their subscription, so they keep getting charged even if they dont play. Every single mmo i have bought new, swg, wow, rift, has came with a free month of play with no CC info.

Just ran into the problem. Raged a fair bit, considered writing angry email. Then saw it was in the fine print.

Dont really like it though. You payed for 30 days, you should get the 30 days, THEN be asked to pay.

True, i've never seen this done, I've only been asked for a subscription after my free month was up.. bad business

nope wrong.. not all mmo's had that. all they are trying to do is get more money by people forgetting or not knowing how to cancel their subscription, so they keep getting charged even if they dont play. Every single mmo i have bought new, swg, wow, rift, has came with a free month of play with no CC info.

Nope, wrong. If you really think you're going to "forget" and get charged even if you're not playing you need to stay on top of your budget more.

Edited by Chrisamcnicholas

This is certainly not true of WoW or Rift. I never played SWG, but the other two do require a payment method up front (or at least did when I last played them).

All major MMO's have this policy. It's them basically trying to verify an identity behind the account.

This^^ It's standard fare for any AAA MMO. If you're worried about getting a credit card charge for a game that you will most likely keep playing anyway, then sign up and cancel straight away. You still get your 30 days but you won't be billed, (and obviously can't play either) at the end of it.

All the MMO's you listed use the same policy as TOR. TOR has a free month but you need to enter a CC to verify your account, you will not be changed and can cancel at any time.

Standard stuff as all other have said.

This is certainly not true of WoW or Rift. I never played SWG, but the other two do require a payment method up front (or at least did when I last played them).

When CO was pay to play, it required it too. As did AoC. As did Warhammer when I played that. As did CoH. See the trend, OP.

You should occupy TOR. ... Joking...

This^^ It's standard fare for any AAA MMO. If you're worried about getting a credit card charge for a game that you will most likely keep playing anyway, then sign up and cancel straight away. You still get your 30 days but you won't be billed, (and obviously can't play either) at the end of it.

Yeah that really makes sense, what about people who just buy a game time card? how is identity info verified then? lol

Edited by Saereth_Darklighter

Just ran into the problem. Raged a fair bit, considered writing angry email. Then saw it was in the fine print.

Dont really like it though. You payed for 30 days, you should get the 30 days, THEN be asked to pay.

lies... full of them... you put the CC info somewhere otherwise they wouldn't allow you in. It's not common but instead its required.

vanilla wow, no it did not. it came with 30 free days.. so did eve, lotr, swg, rift

So, no, Rift had me pay for a month before I got my 30 days. Same with vanilla WoW.

Eve however charged me $19.99 for the retail game and a month ($14.99 + $5 = $19.99) and I got an additional month free.

Regardless it's how they do things. They put it in the T&C's and it is on the box. Deal.

Edited by Thaltom

That's a blatant lie. WoW absolutely required cc info before giving you the free 30 days. Dunno about the other 2, didn't play those.