Official BC Progression Thread 2.4

LaniAkavir

Just out of curiosity, I have seen DoA people running around with 78 Mhs and to my knowledge they have not beat HM DC. Did you guys beat Dc and not post it? or were those mainhands obtained elsewhere. Also, im not saying that they were obtained through illegitimate means, but if they were does this affect progression?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, I have seen DoA people running around with 78 Mhs and to my knowledge they have not beat HM DC. Did you guys beat Dc and not post it? or were those mainhands obtained elsewhere. Also, im not saying that they were obtained through illegitimate means, but if they were does this affect progression?

How can you "illegitimately" obtain 78s? o.0

Are you talking about my 78 main hand? Its an off hand barrel that lost its 'bound to off hand' tag during server transfer of a toon and it was on 15th october. So I did not have that during the Brontess kill.

Did I know it would happen? NO! Should I throw out my barrel? NO.... I paid 140 ultimate comms for that.

Edited by Helmholtzz

Are you talking about my 78 main hand? Its an off hand barrel that lost its 'bound to off hand' tag during server transfer of a toon and it was on 15th october. So I did not have that during the Brontess kill.

Did I know it would happen? NO! Should I throw out my barrel? NO.... I paid 140 ultimate comms for that.

I'm sorry, I just really find this hard to believe. So let me get this straight. You and another of your guildies bought an offhand with a barrel/hilt, transferred servers, then transfered back to this server? That's about $40 worth of cartel coins. And the barrel/hilt magically lost it's binding?

Edited by Chyanis

I'm sorry, I just really find this hard to believe. So let me get this straight. You and another of your guildies bought an offhand with a barrel/hilt, transferred servers, then transfered back to this server? That's about $40 worth of cartel coins. And the barrel/hilt magically lost it's binding?

Why would I transfer twice?! I transferred my toon from shadowlands to here. I told you I am considering to transfer my mains to JC. So I wanted to leave a replacement here. Why would anyone transfer twice to buy an offhand? And about the magic, well as I told I did not know of any issues like that. You can try yourself and see if it works. When I transfer off this week I will find out whether it was a one time glitch.

Edited by Helmholtzz

Howdy Folks!

DoA has just cleared Dread Palace HM, enjoy the screenshots!

http://i.imgur.com/U20UR2R.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I556lfJ.jpg

Also, I must apologize to my fellow raiders, as I dc'd during most of phase 1 when we were burning down the 4 Dead Masters. Good job carrying me!

That concludes DoA's progression on the new HM content, now it's time to go back to the NiM contents... So exciting and interesting, I can't wait to go back :|.

Regards,

Kenji

Edited by LaniAkavir

Howdy Folks,

Gonna try out a new format, let me know if yall like the original format or the new one!

--------------------------------------------------

Dread Fortress

Hard Mode

08man | 16man

Republic Guild 1 | ☐☐☐☐ Republic Guild 1

Imperial Guild 1 | ☐☐☐☐ Imperial Guild 1

Republic Guild 2 | ☑☐☐☐☐ Republic Guild 2

Operation Group 1 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☐☐☐☐ Operation Group 1

Story Mode

08man | 16man

Republic Guild 1 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☑☑☑☑☑ Republic Guild 1

Imperial Guild 1 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☑☑☑☑☐ Imperial Guild 1

Republic Guild 2 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☑☑☐☐☐ Republic Guild 2

Operation Group 1 ☑☣☑☑☑ | ☑☐☐☐☐ Operation Group 1

☐ : Incomplete

☑ : Complete

☣ : Error

Server Ranked (Only available for HM and Above)

: Server First

: Server Second

: Server Third

This is the color Crimson (Repainting Imperial guild names from DarkRed to Crimson)

If you have problem seeing the box, check mark, and biohazard signs, let me know!

As for Server First Claims, I'm still brainstorming on what the indicators should be for the purpose of fairness and validity, but not too much hassle.

Also, congrats on the clears, they've been updated!

Will do an overhaul of the thread once everyone's happy.

Edited by LaniAkavir

Why dont you copy the format from the harbinger and bastion. They have very good progression threads over there.

I did check out their progression threads as well as all the other servers such as Shadowlands and Jung Ma, which is how I came up with the beta version of the format.

That said,

Welcome back to the thread Thorazine, when are you gonna post HnR's progression :)?

Edited by LaniAkavir

Why dont you copy the format from the harbinger and bastion. They have very good progression threads over there.

I took a look at the ones you mentioned Thor, and I have to say I'm not too fond of walls of text (unless its Zoo ranting about how he "didn't" die). Plus we are not harbinger or bastion. We are BC, and we should have our own style, and I actually like the check box and color idea.

I did check out their progression threads as well as all the other servers such as Shadowlands and Jung Ma, which is how I came up with the beta version of the format.

That said,

Welcome back to the thread Thorazine, when are you gonna post HnR's progression :)?

I would love to post in this thread, but me along with a few officers in my guild feel that the playing field for progression is no longer even on the server. There is a guild out there that obtained 78 mainhands in an unintened way, which makes progression unfair for the rest of the server.

But that aside, I think the format you are using is great. Maybe you can have different symbols for server 1-3 and different colors for SM, HM and NiM. So you would only need to have 1 section for each op. Would save a lot of clutter room

and the harbinger thread has less clutter than the ones over here. they just a lot more guilds doing progression

Edited by raidmac

I would love to post in this thread, but me along with a few officers in my guild feel that the playing field for progression is no longer even on the server. There is a guild out there that obtained 78 mainhands in an unintened way, which makes progression unfair for the rest of the server.

Let us go a year back when TfB first came out:

It was assumed that ASB cleared HM TfB with the tentacle enrage glitch, while it was confirmed as unintended by the devs, and they still claimed progression and server first.

Now that's old history, so let us look at a more recent one:

Clearing NiM Dash'roode using the glitch method to obtain shadowed pieces is supposedly unintended, kudos to the guilds that cleared it through legitimate methods.

This also brings up a good point:

Using Hard Mode lockouts to get to a desirable, easier boss in Nightmare Mode is a common practice by many guilds, even though unintended by the devs.

And an exisiting glitch that's just too good to pass by for amazing DPS boost:

Double Power Proc relics, 'enuff said.

Comment:

Come on Thorazine, with someone who has raided as long as you did, you can probably tell when an operation boss is a dps check or a mechanics check. So far we can all agree on the new ops being mostly Mechanics, the required dps is much less than the NiM content from pre-2.4. :rolleyes:

Case in point: HM Dread Council

During first phase, I got dc'd for the entire duration, by the time I got back, the other 3 dps had already brought down all the dread masters to 55% health and preparing for the next phase.

Conclusion: The fight is not a dps check, but more like a coordination, tank swap, and healer positioning check. (Mechanics)

I digress, I still don't see the reason why having a small unintended 30dps boost would all of a sudden make all the progression unfair, when there are tons of other "unintended" and "unfair" factors out there. With the new ops being heavily dependent on mechanics, I doubt dps should be our primary concern atm.

Edited by LaniAkavir

But that aside, I think the format you are using is great. Maybe you can have different symbols for server 1-3 and different colors for SM, HM and NiM. So you would only need to have 1 section for each op. Would save a lot of clutter room

and the harbinger thread has less clutter than the ones over here. they just a lot more guilds doing progression

Thanks, I've been trying out different symbols and coloring, but found the checkmarks with different colors for indicators being the most efficient and not a redundant method of tracking progression.

I think I will begin the overhaul shortly.

Let us go a year back when TfB first came out:

It was assumed that ASB cleared HM TfB with the tentacle enrage glitch, while it was confirmed as unintended by the devs, and they still claimed progression and server first.

Now that's old history, so let us look at a more recent one:

Clearing NiM Dash'roode using the glitch method to obtain shadowed pieces is supposedly unintended, kudos to the guilds that cleared it through legitimate methods.

This also brings up a good point:

Using Hard Mode lockouts to get to a desirable, easier boss in Nightmare Mode is a common practice by many guilds, even though unintended by the devs.

And an exisiting glitch that's just too good to pass by for amazing DPS boost:

Double Power Proc relics, 'enuff said.

Comment:

Come on Thorazine, with someone who has raided as long as you did, you can probably tell when an operation boss is a dps check or a mechanics check. So far we can all agree on the new ops being mostly Mechanics, the required dps is much less than the NiM content from pre-2.4. :rolleyes:

Case in point: HM Dread Council

During first phase, I got dc'd for the entire duration, by the time I got back, the other 3 dps had already brought down all the dread masters to 55% health and preparing for the next phase.

Conclusion: The fight is not a dps check, but more like a coordination, tank swap, and healer positioning check. (Mechanics)

I digress, I still don't see the reason why having a small unintended 30dps boost would all of a sudden make all the progression unfair, when there are tons of other "unintended" and "unfair" factors out there. With the new ops being heavily dependent on mechanics, I doubt dps should be our primary concern atm.

I agree that these fights are not dps checks. But I can say that having the 78 main hands make these fights a lot easier. I have cleared both these ops with my other group and we are all decked out in kell dragon, and there is a noticeable dps gain, which in turn makes the fight easier. Going from a 72 MH to 78 is an easy 100+ dps boost. Having nim and hm sharing a lockout is something that is intended, its been acknowledged that they want to change. And for skipping bosses in NiM you still need to earn your gear by defeating a boss. Spending $40 to get a mainhand is paying to win.

And lastly, I have nothing against you or doa, you have my respect for clearing brontes because that fight was tough as balls. But it just saddens me that a respectful raiding guild would do what they did to get mhs.

I agree that these fights are not dps checks. But I can say that having the 78 main hands make these fights a lot easier. I have cleared both these ops with my other group and we are all decked out in kell dragon, and there is a noticeable dps gain, which in turn makes the fight easier. Going from a 72 MH to 78 is an easy 100+ dps boost. Having nim and hm sharing a lockout is something that is intended, its been acknowledged that they want to change. And for skipping bosses in NiM you still need to earn your gear by defeating a boss. Spending $40 to get a mainhand is paying to win.

And lastly, I have nothing against you or doa, you have my respect for clearing brontes because that fight was tough as balls. But it just saddens me that a respectful raiding guild would do what they did to get mhs.

So, by your definition, spending that 40 bucks for transfering and thus obtaining a bugged mainhand (unconfirmed) is paying to win, while the contents themselves require far more than a hilt/barrel to be cleared?

Being upset over something so trivial ain't good for the heart, friend. I personally am not aware of this 78 mainhand glitch, but I implore everyone who has been following the thread NOT to try the transfer method, it DOES NOT work, and it was merely a trolling attempt to waste those people's cartel coins who took things too seriously :|

Edited by LaniAkavir

Thread is updated, I'm now working on an index of operation bosses so they can be referenced at the end (or beginning) of each section of operation.

I'm also planning on adding a brand new section:

Server's Progression, a collective progression from all the guilds that sums up to the current progression of the server. This should promote unity and encourage the guilds to work together to clear harder contents together *cough* 16man *cough*

It also shows how Begeren Colony is doing as a whole, something that no other servers have done on their progression thread (as far as I'm aware of)

Edit: An idea just sprung to mind, maybe I can combine both Server's Progression and Operation Boss Index together!

Template:

Dread Fortress

Server's Progression

08man | 16man

[5. Brontes] [4. Corrupter Zero] [3. Grob'thok] [2. Draxus] [1. Nefra] | [1. Nefra] [2. Draxus] [3. Grob'thok] [4. Corrupter Zero] [5. Brontes]

Hard Mode

08man | 16man

Republic Guild 1 | ☐☐☐☐ Republic Guild 1

Imperial Guild 1 | ☐☐☐☐ Imperial Guild 1

Republic Guild 2 | ☑☐☐☐☐ Republic Guild 2

Operation Group 1 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☐☐☐☐ Operation Group 1

Story Mode

08man | 16man

Republic Guild 1 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☑☑☑☑☑ Republic Guild 1

Imperial Guild 1 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☑☑☑☑☐ Imperial Guild 1

Republic Guild 2 ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☑☑☐☐☐ Republic Guild 2

Operation Group 1 ☑☣☑☑☑ | ☑☐☐☐☐ Operation Group 1

REJOICE! No more messy indecies and spoiler tags and subsections or memorizations of different color and symbol patterns!!

Maybe I'll have PaleGreen as HM completion and Gold as NiM completion for the Server Progression.

Edited by LaniAkavir

So, by your definition, spending that 40 bucks for transfering and thus obtaining a bugged mainhand (unconfirmed) is paying to win, while the contents themselves require far more than a hilt/barrel to be cleared?

Being upset over something so trivial ain't good for the heart, friend. I personally am not aware of this 78 mainhand glitch, but I implore everyone who has been following the thread NOT to try the transfer method, it DOES NOT work, and it was merely a trolling attempt to waste those people's cartel coins who took things too seriously :|

Its not being upset over you guys having the mainhands, but how can you justify using a glitch in a game to help you clear something? I remember mano posted something about being in progression guilds and how clearing content and getting server first is very important. But getting server first on an unlevel playing field? I dont care what you say, but I know for a fact that having 78 mainhands does make that fight easier.

Edited by raidmac

Its not being upset over you guys having the mainhands, but how can you justify using a glitch in a game to help you clear something? I remember mano posted something about being in progression guilds and how clearing content and getting server first is very important. But getting server first on an unlevel playing field? I dont care what you say, but I know for a fact that having 78 mainhands does make that fight easier.
That's quite an accusation there, Thorazine. Like I said, I personally am not aware of any of the 78 main hand glitches before we cleared Dread Council, but now you're accusing that we cleared Brontes using glitches and cheats?

Where's your proof? The fact that Brontes before 10/15/2013 was way harder than it was intended, it only puts every guild to their limits to show what they can do to defeat her. We utilized every single roles, classes, cooldowns, grenades, medpacks, everything to clear HM Brontes and got server first, now you're using the one thing that's least determinant to the fight to slander upon Dead on Arrival? Hell, we were still using our 72 main hands and armorings when we cleared Brontes, we weren't decked out in 75s.

Why am I even trying. You don't care what anyone says, when you don't even have your facts straight.

Edited by LaniAkavir

That's quite an accusation there, Thorazine. Like I said, I personally am not aware of any of the 78 main hand glitches before we cleared Dread Council, but now you're accusing that we cleared Brontes using glitches and cheats?

Where's your proof? The fact that Brontes before 10/15/2013 was way harder than it was intended, it only puts every guild to their limits to show what they can do to defeat her. We utilized every single roles, classes, cooldowns, grenades, medpacks, everything to clear HM Brontes and got server first, now you're using the one thing that's least determinant to the fight to slander upon Dead on Arrival? Hell, we were still using our 72 main hands and armorings when we cleared Brontes, we weren't decked out in 75s.

Why am I even trying. You don't care what anyone says, when you don't even have your facts straight.

Never ment to say your brontes kill wasn't legit. But I'm questioning your council kill. =/ sorry it's early

like the new template, thanks for all the hard work Kenji

Thanks, warms my heart that someone still cares :')

Also, thread is updated along with the Server "Ranked" section:

Server Ranked Claims

Screenshots (Or videos) will be required to show the following:

1. UTC time of the clear [Example]
  2. Clear time on the achievements [Example] (Server Time, which is UTC minus 8hrs or 7hrs dependent on Day Light Savings)

The screenshots can be seperated in two, the times on the UTC time should be relatively close to the achievement time. Server rankings will be based on Achievement time, which is the most accurate basis we have for the time being.

I will be personally inspecting the achievements themselves for validity, unless the achievements are known as bugged.

Last but not least, if your guild happens to have an earlier clear time than the current rankings, refrain yourself from insulting and just simply post the screenshots and achievement times. The server ranked will be adjusted accordingly.

To set a precendent, DoA will be claiming a Server Rank on HM Dread Master Brontes:

http://i.imgur.com/M8N0t7u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IvogzL4.jpg

Lastly, DoA just cleared NiM Titan 6! Enjoy the screenshot!

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/381235/module_gallery/original/1538697.jpg

P.S.: If anything seems incorrectly stated or inconsistant with the Server Ranked claims, please let me know by posting without insults, please!

Edited by LaniAkavir

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.