Official BC Progression Thread 2.4

LaniAkavir

Nice kills, Draxus is definitely the hardest boss here

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can all agree that most of the new contents aren't very mechanics-friendly, which is exciting and fun! Every phase is a new nasty surprise of dps check, healer check, tank check, or coordination check as opposed to the previous NiM contents.

Thread's been updated, congrats on the clear guys.

Edited by LaniAkavir

Thanks.

The taunt management craziness in round 9 of that Draxus fight is definitely a step beyond the standard tank swaps of almost all other content. It was nice to have a relatively easy tank fight before and after that.

Oh yeah. Especially if you go into that tank phase with one already down.

It's such a joy, managing CDs while having the Guardians and Draxus shooting you while said Guardians are agro dumping frequently for the Ravage. Such fun -_-

Well, we had a little fun on Grob'thok too, but it's just because our DPS is a smidge off the pace at the moment. He hit enrage, but right before I locked him with the pipe into the mag-lift at 8%, so we bought a little time there. After that, I ran away from him so he'd have to train far to get me and set up my teleport field. Then I sprinted away from him again. Then I had the off-tank grab him and he crossed the room again. Then I taunted him back, he crossed to me, I sprinted again. Then I teleported away so he had to train to me yet again. Basically it was an exercise in buying time for the DPS to finish him off, which they did.

Congrats on the clear! Thread has been updated.

I'm not sure if I want to update the TfB format to the new one as it has been out since the vanilla days of lvl50s.

But if that's what people want, I will get to it eventually, for now I'm just gonna lay back and enjoy the holidays :D

Edited by LaniAkavir

On that note. It's unlikely we'll get the whole raid group's achievements for Dash and Titan, since opinions on this thread are divided xD

But.

A few of the achievement screens have been posted, and I took these two recently:

Dash - http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2416540/pics/original/2330943.jpg

Titan - http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2416540/pics/original/2330944.jpg

Which contain the whole raid group, the bosses corpses, and a raid member in the chat box receiving the <Survived [bossname] Nightmare Mode> achievement, to prove it is indeed NiM. I'm not sure if that's sufficient, but I figured it's worth a shot. We're obviously not trying to claim the first, just proving that we have indeed done them without skipping via switching to hard mode.

Edited by ingenuityfails

Posting the whole raid's achievement is just one way of validating the clear, the most efficient one would be posting the clear inside the instance.

Ascension's server firsts and seconds are given on good faith, and I wasn't let down. Good job on being at the frontier of progression raiding, Ascension!

• 3 weeks later...

Happy 2014, folks!

All level55 contents are now up-to-date with the current format, I'm also trying out new format for the current instanced world boss, Toborro's Courtyard, so I may do the same with future world bosses.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm already inclined to change it to the same format as operations.

Also, there will be ranking for title runs, once a guild has completed a title run, it will be given a plaque to the side of the guild's name, example from the thread as of January 7th, 2014:

Nightmare Mode

08man | 16man

[ From Beyond ] Epic ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☐☐☐☐☐ Epic [ From Beyond ]

Ascension ☑☑☑☑☑ | ☐☐☐☐☐ Ascension

Update your guild's progression whenever yall got the time!

Warm regards,

Kenji

Edited by LaniAkavir

I don't have a screenshot yet with nameplates and the operations window, but someone posted up a video that they FRAPS'd of us taking down 16m HM Corruptor Zero, then 16m HM Brontes and we decided to do Dread Entity as well since we had time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCXRmbhFWrY

Thread has been updated!

Congrats on server first, Malevolence! Now I just need a screenshot of your achievement time just for reference link.

Post both Brontes and Corruptor Zero times, if you don't care about Corruptor Zero, let me know, and I'll take the silver off.

Edited by LaniAkavir