Forum Restrictions

Little_Judas

Hello,

In my years as a F2P, I didn't complain about the many restrictions.

I found them fair, some were even to be called generous. Things I didn't had and wanted I bought with CC.

But there was always one thing that bothered me, as a F2P I couldn't post or reply anywhere.

(Ok, I once posted in CM suggestions, but failed ever since)

Now, as a subscriber, I would like to see that restriction removed for F2P.

Most of them are fans of Star Wars and can contribute to the Story and Lore or STAR WARS Discussion threads just as much as a subscriber could.

Some could be helpful in reporting bugs or giving other players advice with strategies and more.

The way I see it, the more knowledge and wisdom we all gather,

the better the game and the stronger the community will be.

I hope this will convince people.

Kind regards, Little_Judas

Now, as a subscriber, I would like to see that restriction removed for F2P.

Most of them are fans of Star Wars and can contribute to the Story and Lore or STAR WARS Discussion threads just as much as a subscriber could.

Some could be helpful in reporting bugs or giving other players advice with strategies and more.

the better the game and the stronger the community will be

Personally I don't care either way. It's just another perk for subscribers. They could add a F2P forum like LotRO and DDO have. But you're not fooling anyone with your "knowledge and wisdom" statement.

the better the game and the stronger the community will be.

The way I see it, the less people pay for the game the more BW will depend on the CM and the worse the game will get.

If F2P people want to post in the forum they can subscribe.

BioWare has commented on this before. The reason F2P accounts can't post on the forum is that it would allow malicious parties an endless supply of forum accounts with which to spam, phish, and abuse. A banned party could simply open up another free account and resume their activity. Tying posting permissions to subscription (a transaction) greatly decreases the amount of work necessary to keep the forum at the current level of quality.

They appear to be running VBulletin software, and so there are plugins available that would help BioWare to manage that kind of issue should they change their mind, but it would still require a greatly increased work load. And there are very many spam bots compatible with this software also.

only actual CUSTOMERS should get to comment on a product. If you want to have a voice in how a product is made, buy it and say as much. Until then, if not going to purchase said product, you don't get to complain about it.

The way I see it, the less people pay for the game the more BW will depend on the CM and the worse the game will get.

If F2P people want to post in the forum they can subscribe.

I don't think people are only subscriber so they can use the forum.

BioWare has commented on this before. The reason F2P accounts can't post on the forum is that it would allow malicious parties an endless supply of forum accounts with which to spam, phish, and abuse. A banned party could simply open up another free account and resume their activity. To contrast, tying posting permissions to a subscription (and therefore a transaction) greatly decreases the work-to-control ratio for keeping the forum clean.

I hadn't thought of it this way. It would be a shame if spammers would mess things up.

only actual CUSTOMERS should get to comment on a product. If you want to have a voice in how a product is made, buy it and say as much. Until then, if not going to purchase said product, you don't get to complain about it.

I BOUGHT the game in a store, I BOUGHT the Expansion and I BOUGHT Cartel Coins.

I saw myself as a actual CUSTOMER even before I bought subscription.

BioWare has commented on this before. The reason F2P accounts can't post on the forum is that it would allow malicious parties an endless supply of forum accounts with which to spam, phish, and abuse. A banned party could simply open up another free account and resume their activity. Tying posting permissions to subscription (a transaction) greatly decreases the amount of work necessary to keep the forum at the current level of quality.

They appear to be running VBulletin software, and so there are plugins available that would help BioWare to manage that kind of issue should they change their mind, but it would still require a greatly increased work load. And there are very many spam bots compatible with this software also.

If they tie the forum to only Preferred players, this will achieve the same effect.

They could even make it an unlock on the CM market and make money off of it.