2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been resisting taking a stance on this but a few of the parses on the leaderboards have been using the Boundless ages proc and then equipping a FR/SA combination before the pulling the boss. While you can do this for raids, I'm not allowing it for this thread because it isn't reasonable to make people get 3 relic drops from bosses just to be BiS for dummy parsing. I'll be checking for these parses next update. If you are one of the people currently doing it, please reparse if you wish to stay on the leaderboard.

No harm no foul, any parses using three relics will quietly be taken down.

Edited by Falver

I've been resisting taking a stance on this but a few of the parses on the leaderboards have been using the Boundless ages proc and then equipping a FR/SA combination before the pulling the boss. While you can do this for raids, I'm not allowing it for this thread because it isn't reasonable to make people get 3 relic drops from bosses just to be BiS for dummy parsing. I'll be checking for these parses next update. If you are one of the people currently doing it, please reparse if you wish to stay on the leaderboard.

thats... interesting never thought of that, people find so many ways to trick numbers lolol, i agree with this!

Sounds fair. I have a DF BA lying around that I bought a few days before the relic changes (lol) but it never occurred to me to change before engaging the dummy.

Interestingly though, that could provide some help to opening burns when DF NiM comes out!

My personal opinion is that this is analogous to respecing for Acid Blade or 30 stacks of Fury before a parse. Or, even more significantly, using the double-Berserk trick as a Carnage Marauder. In all of these cases, you're doing something fairly convoluted which pads your numbers noticeably on a dummy, but is technically replicable on a boss if you really cared enough to do it. Assuming that we someday once again see a boss as tight as pre-pre-nerf NiM Dread Guard, these tricks are most definitely going to get used.

As a matter of interest, I decided to allow the triple relic trick on The Ebon Hawk DPS leaderboards back when I first saw Mruniverse using it. I went back and forth a bit, and my final justification is that the DPS it adds is not that substantial on the 1.5 million HP dummy. Unfortunately, because the world boards use the 1 million dummy, that little trick is probably enough to add 30-40 DPS by the end of the parse, and thus it represents a real gear check if people want to compete on equal footing.

Anyway, I think your decision is well justified, Favier.

My personal opinion is that this is analogous to respecing for Acid Blade or 30 stacks of Fury before a parse. Or, even more significantly, using the double-Berserk trick as a Carnage Marauder. In all of these cases, you're doing something fairly convoluted which pads your numbers noticeably on a dummy, but is technically replicable on a boss if you really cared enough to do it. Assuming that we someday once again see a boss as tight as pre-pre-nerf NiM Dread Guard, these tricks are most definitely going to get used.

As a matter of interest, I decided to allow the triple relic trick on The Ebon Hawk DPS leaderboards back when I first saw Mruniverse using it. I went back and forth a bit, and my final justification is that the DPS it adds is not that substantial on the 1.5 million HP dummy. Unfortunately, because the world boards use the 1 million dummy, that little trick is probably enough to add 30-40 DPS by the end of the parse, and thus it represents a real gear check if people want to compete on equal footing.

ill agree with that beside one thing, i find it different something thats used per class than other depending on gear, this method means whoever has enough gear for 3x relics has an advantage, the other way around all ops/marauders/PT are on the same league against themselves (which is what matters) we all know anni marauders numbers are: using prestacked fury, exploiting relic AND bloodthirst dmg increase is a group increase (so pretty much all dps should get it), however we dont judge that, same with acid blade, pre-stacking Flamethrower or any kind of other trick, measuring between classes is not always a "good idea". i use it to parse just because the rest do, i have never used it on a raid, too much of a waste time when most of the time i dont even start a fight with HS for several reasons .

so bottom line i agree with you however, i think something that any class can do regardless of spec/gear is "fair" as long as every person of the same class uses it, but, something that requires Gear +1 extra drop to improve your dps in an unfair disadvantage against the rest (for no special reason like you say).

Edited by Carlenux

Wildbérry - Shadow - Infilration - 4/36/5 (forgot to respec after pvp) - 4:53.104

http://www.torparse.com/a/567361/4/0/Overview

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/25f93d0d-0757-4cdb-b26a-f57703015b72

I forgot to respec after arenas last night so I had 3% less dmg on my CS :( I dont think this makes the top 5 but I think it would be for honorable mention since every parse in the top 5 is balance.

Wildbérry - Shadow - Infilration - 4/36/5 (forgot to respec after pvp) - 4:53.104

http://www.torparse.com/a/567361/4/0/Overview

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/25f93d0d-0757-4cdb-b26a-f57703015b72

I forgot to respec after arenas last night so I had 3% less dmg on my CS :( I dont think this makes the top 5 but I think it would be for honorable mention since every parse in the top 5 is balance.

nice parse, glad to see you come back to your shadow ;) this parse should make it into the number 5 spot, as the current number 5 spot is sitting at 4'55. on an off note, with any hope i'll be bumping you out of that spot in the next couple of weeks anyway ;P as my raid group finally downed dread council so, again with any hope, i should be getting a mainhand soon.

cheers for the infiltration representation though, keep up the good work! i'm still waiting for mknightriders top parse to be corrected to balance, wouldn't want any stray dev team members to swing by this thread and get the wrong impression about shadow dps ^.^

nice parse, glad to see you come back to your shadow ;) this parse should make it into the number 5 spot, as the current number 5 spot is sitting at 4'55. on an off note, with any hope i'll be bumping you out of that spot in the next couple of weeks anyway ;P as my raid group finally downed dread council so, again with any hope, i should be getting a mainhand soon.

cheers for the infiltration representation though, keep up the good work! i'm still waiting for mknightriders top parse to be corrected to balance, wouldn't want any stray dev team members to swing by this thread and get the wrong impression about shadow dps ^.^

Sadly I'm not actually raiding on this toon, I just sent over gear from my sage and used whatever setbonus armorings I still had from when I raided on my shadow in the summer. I doubt that I will be actively gearing this toon any time soon. I think I could do higher as balance, but I just don't like playing it anymore, it feels too clunky and force hungry after not playing it for a few months. The execute phase of infiltration is also probably my favorite "rotation" of any class in the game, it's just so dang smooth. Gl with your parsing, hope I see something down in the 4:30 range soon :D

Yeah, I agree, in fact once real DPS enrages get added with NiM, I'll probably be doing the relic click myself, but not for parsing.

Sadly I'm not actually raiding on this toon...

That's sad, I hope it's a fun factor choice and not a simple strategic guild choice :p (first reason to not play a shadow)

If some of the top is leaving that's not good for dps shadows, anyway I hope you enjoy your gunslinger ^^.

...wouldn't want any stray dev team members to swing by this thread and get the wrong impression about shadow dps ^.^

You're right but in fact they just don't care :p.

Unfortunately, Mmerry was right, he missed 5th place by ~0.6 seconds. Ælunæ posted a parse that just barely beat him.

I'm not totally sure about this but I think Infiltration is no longer in the top five so it qualifies for Honorable Mentions. I'm also not sure if you allow the same person to have two different parses in the Honorable Mentions section, so this may just be for reference, or I guess knock out my Hybrid parse, but here's my new best Infiltration parse. I got incredibly lucky on this one, and had I gotten a crit on my last Spinning Strike I believe it would have beaten my best Balance parse.

M-knightrider - Shadow - Infiltration - 5/36/5 - 4'36.101

Torparse: http://www.torparse.com/a/568360/time/1390933120/1390933396/0/Overview

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/107d8314-97ea-4cbd-bbc9-1d2c4139f9f2

Again, I used one less crit mod than what is shown in the AMR.

Sounds fair. I have a DF BA lying around that I bought a few days before the relic changes (lol) but it never occurred to me to change before engaging the dummy.

Interestingly though, that could provide some help to opening burns when DF NiM comes out!

This^

I'm in the same boat, got my DF BA right before the changes.

I've actually been using my old Underworld BA (crafted for myself back when I cared about my off spec) on my tank to pad my opening threat. Especially since you can activate and switch relics while in stealth, it's really easy to just pop the BA, swap back to a mitigation relic and then open the fight with 30 seconds of very well-padded stats.