You need to eliminate Zero-Healer Arenas in Solo Que

Skolops

The fact that arenas balance compositions when the ideal of 2 DPS, 1 Healer and 1 Tank is not available is a good thing. I think most agree on that.

However, most also seem to agree that arenas with no healers are awful. I even know a few long-time players who are fairly upset with this patch and down on the game almost entirely because of this one issue.

Yes, it may make ques take longer - even much longer - at times, but I think it is extremely important for the health of the game that the possibility of getting an arena with no healer is eliminated. 1 healer and 3 DPS works. 2 tanks and 1 healer and a DPS work. Lots of compositions work, even if they are not ideal. Having NO healer, though, can make for some fairly un-fun arenas.

PLEASE consider changing this.

The fact that arenas balance compositions when the ideal of 2 DPS, 1 Healer and 1 Tank is not available is a good thing. I think most agree on that.

However, most also seem to agree that arenas with no healers are awful. I even know a few long-time players who are fairly upset with this patch and down on the game almost entirely because of this one issue.

Yes, it may make ques take longer - even much longer - at times, but I think it is extremely important for the health of the game that the possibility of getting an arena with no healer is eliminated. 1 healer and 3 DPS works. 2 tanks and 1 healer and a DPS work. Lots of compositions work, even if they are not ideal. Having NO healer, though, can make for some fairly un-fun arenas.

PLEASE consider changing this.

Are you referring to 4 vs 4 all dps? I've played a few solo ques and saw this set up twice. There wasn't anything to get upset about, our team didn't have heals, and neither did there's. The match was a quick one, but I'd rather run into the occasional dps vs dps match, as opposed to waiting even longer for more healers to log on. The variety of dps classes that you'll encounter this way, provides some uniqueness, for your team will still have to prioritize targets and display teamwork to win. Unless there's something I've missed, your request in my opinion, seems like a trivial one.

Are you referring to 4 vs 4 all dps? I've played a few solo ques and saw this set up twice. There wasn't anything to get upset about, our team didn't have heals, and neither did there's. The match was a quick one, but I'd rather run into the occasional dps vs dps match, as opposed to waiting even longer for more healers to log on. The variety of dps classes that you'll encounter this way, provides some uniqueness, for your team will still have to prioritize targets and display teamwork to win. Unless there's something I've missed, your request in my opinion, seems like a trivial one.

It seems ok to have a 4DPS vs 4DPS match a few times, but once its happened often enough you really start to appreciate how awful it is. As I said, there are multiple people who are so upset about this as to consider dropping the game over it. To me, that isn't trivial.

as long as both have no heals i don't see the issue. Even 4 dps vs 3 dps 1 healer is not hopeless imo. The truly pointless matches are only tank+heals vs no heals, there's basically nothing you can do if you end up on the no heals team

It seems ok to have a 4DPS vs 4DPS match a few times, but once its happened often enough you really start to appreciate how awful it is. As I said, there are multiple people who are so upset about this as to consider dropping the game over it. To me, that isn't trivial.

Well it's too early to claim that 4dps vs 4dps is going to break the game, as you suggest it may, and what are you going to do if someone logs on their sniper instead of their healer? I'll concede that an endless stream of quick derp vs derp, would grow old, but I doubt that will happen. I see you're representing the opinions of many others, so no offence to you, but if your friends are going to drop the game because they don't have a pocket healer for a few rounds... That is extremely trivial.

The problem is... people want an healer in arenas, but... they also want to see the only viable healer nerfed.

Seems like we are in a pretty delicate situation here...

If you get queue that force to have an healer per team, they can't nerf the almighty operative/scoundrel without completely killing the queue time.

There are tactics involved with 4v4 dps. I have plenty of fun with those games, they are just shorter. I see no reason to increase q times to wait for healers.

Agreed. These were some of my favorite Solo queue matches last night. It really requires the players to be more cerebral with their class and play with better situational awareness.