Dread Seeded Sand Demon (Seeker Droid area on Tatooine) question

NemuriKyoshiro

The question is, is this boss even meant to be soloed? Game logic says it is, but...

I've got a lvl55 dps Sith Assassin with decently upgraded gear (armorings and such of value 66, plus the same tier augments on everything) , specced into Deception. He did not have any problems soloing the game until now. Killed the Makeb's Archon in one try, soloed some heroic missions (like the one at Black Hole) quite successfully and so on...

And he just can't do that *****ng Sand Demon. It literally eats his HP before he can do any real damage. I tried many times, with different companions - but even fully geared Drellik can't heal fast enough.

And that critter is lvl53, which is two level down from my char.

I've tried all buffs I could find - stims, relics, heroic moment + force storm... Tried using a shield instead of focus... Still nothing. Can't help thinking something is wrong here.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I didn't try to kill the demon before yesterday's patch. Could someone who did tell me if there were any problems with it back then, please?

because you can't do it, something must be wrong?

You misunderstand. What I meant - isn't a boss two levels below the player supposed to be beatable when you have a viable spec and good gear? Another thing if it was a heroic mission or a flashpoint - but this quest is neither.

If nothing is wrong here, then I simply can't understand why the lvl55 final boss on Makeb is easier to beat than a lvl53 critter on Tatooine.

Unless Bioware turned this demon into another World Boss while no one was looking. ;)

You can just avoid the Dread Seeded Sand Demon while looking for the Seeds. That is what I've been doing on every planet. I've been treating it more like a stealth game for the Seeker Droid missions: get in, find the Seed, and get out without being seen. :cool:

Yes, I'm well aware that it's a champion mob. But there's a good deal of higher level champion mobs that are weaker than this one.

It seems the game devs have cast another of their "Force Group" spells on us solo players :(

As noted, there is no reason to attack it unless you want to. So no "forcing" involved.

Yeah I found him too hard in 72's as deception. DoT method would work well but we really don't have any super useful ones. I just avoided him as he wasn't worth actually killing unless he drops a title or something?

You think he's tough though, wait til you meet Lucky on Corellia heh.

Yeah I found him too hard in 72's as deception. DoT method would work well but we really don't have any super useful ones. I just avoided him as he wasn't worth actually killing unless he drops a title or something?

You think he's tough though, wait til you meet Lucky on Corellia heh.

Lucky is different: he is marked as a World Boss.

I do think that this has a point though: Lucky is meant to be avoided on Corellia. I believe the champions in the other Dread Seed areas are also meant to be avoided.

Is he a WB though? When I was asking folks about it on Corellia before we took him down most thought he was a champion ( and marked as such on his bio thingy ) albeit an excessively strong champion. Also no enrage timer which I thought most bosses have?

Is he a WB though? When I was asking folks about it on Corellia before we took him down most thought he was a champion ( and marked as such on his bio thingy ) albeit an excessively strong champion. Also no enrage timer which I thought most bosses have?

is who a WB? As stated, Lucky is marked as a WB. And as also stated, the Dreadseeded Sand Demon is not.

Check his buffs: He has the "Terrorizing" buff that perma-stuns all companions that engage him (states "Only true heroes...") All World Bosses have this buff. His nametag states that he is a "Champion," but most if not all World Bosses state that they are a "Champion."

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know how to beat that thing?

I'm level 60 RDPS and for this thing being a level 53, I cannot for the life of me drop it below a third of it's health. Once you nuke about 2/3rds of his HP, his HP then just floats anywhere between 80K and 120K. This is with my heal comp just set to heal me and not engage boss whatsoever.

Someone mentioned Lucky being tough...and he is, but he's clearly meat for large groups. This boss *should* be soloable at my level.

Either I'm missing some weird hidden thing you have to do 1st, like obtain some widget or another from a vendor 1st...or this is an abnormally tough boss.

I'm level 60 RDPS and for this thing being a level 53, I cannot for the life of me drop it below a third of it's health. Once you nuke about 2/3rds of his HP, his HP then just floats anywhere between 80K and 120K. This is with my heal comp just set to heal me and not engage boss whatsoever.

Someone mentioned Lucky being tough...and he is, but he's clearly meat for large groups. This boss *should* be soloable at my level.

Either I'm missing some weird hidden thing you have to do 1st, like obtain some widget or another from a vendor 1st...or this is an abnormally tough boss.

Sand Demons are supposedly the only beings in Tatooine capable of killing Krayt Dragons. They're supposed to be tough and that one is enhanced by a Seed of Rage to boot.

Have fun. :D

Have you tried using a butterfly net?

Well pre-3.0 I was able to solo it via interrupting it's heals (once it gets below 30% it will start casting a heal). But with the increased interrupt cd this might be much trickier.

How much health does it have?

Only around 300K. The 1st 200K - I can shave off no issue, but then his heal cast thingy goes, and there's just no DPSing him fast enough after that.

Oddly, all of the other Dread Seeded beasties...Wampas, Rakghouls, etc. I killed with nooooooooooo issues. This guy, not so much, lol.

You have to use the Holy Hand Grenade of Anchorhead...you buy this from the Jawa sandcrawler near the spaceport.

If it weren't for the fact that I know there's a Jawa vendor near one of the bases that gives you some wacky unique item for some side quest, I'd be a lot less confused about whether or not that was 100% sarcasm ,or not, lol.