[OPS] Bastion of Fear bugged

CommanderKeeva

The story quest for the new Operations (Bastion of Fear) is apparently bugged. It does not update upon completing the Operation: Dread Fortress, at least for everyone. It is also completely missing quests markers inside Dread Fortress and never updates during the course of the Operation, which is weird to say the least.

Out of 16 people who attempted this on SM last night, only three people's quests were properly updated. Ironically, the three tanks got credit for it (one Vanguard, one Shadow and one Guardian).

I've also read somewhere that the Imperials' mirror quest is also bugged. Any word on a fix?

• Dev Post

Hello folks,

We are currently working on a fix for The Bastion of Fear (Rep) and Descent into the Dark Fortress (Imp) not updating for all members of the Ops group upon completing the Dread Fortress Operation. We're sorry for any inconvenience any of you may have suffered as a result. We'll let you know as more information develops and have added this to the Known Issues for now. Thank you!

Why doesn't QA ever notice such bugs before a patch goes live so the patch/feature can be postponed until it's fixed?

Most ops aren't complete-able in beta, so people weren't able to catch till it went live that there was an issue.

More on topic - I could have sworn my mission updated for this last night when my guild completed the Dread Fortress on 8 man SM (I recall specifically seeing it tell me to enter the portal to proceed to the Dread Palace), yet this morning when I looked at the very same mission, it had been reset and my credit for completing Fortress had disappeared.

Is this a related bug, or am I simply remembering incorrectly?

Edited by xxforcardassia

Hello folks,

We are currently working on a fix for The Bastion of Fear (Rep) and Descent into the Dark Fortress (Imp) not updating for all members of the Ops group upon completing the Dread Fortress Operation. We're sorry for any inconvenience any of you may have suffered as a result. We'll let you know as more information develops and have added this to the Known Issues for now. Thank you!

I see that this issue has been fixed in the patch notes, but will opening a support ticket help those who have already completed the top for this week?