Czerka Vendor still requires elite comms

Fadmotherbucker

Since 69 gear now requires Basic comms, shouldn't this adjustment be made to Czerka vendor as well? I was saving up for medic pistol, however it still requires 350 elite comms. Not about to pay that since I can now get 72 gear with them and the pistol only contains 69 mods.

I came here to report the same thing. Main hand item should be level 72 now. Holding my comms till they fix this.

Bueller? I'm almost maxed out on comms here and have other gear to upgrade. Could you at least let us know if the items will be upped to 72 rating, or if the items will remain 69 and cost will be replaced with basic comms instead of elite.

Same here. Don't know if i should spend some or just let them cap out.

• Dev Post
Since 69 gear now requires Basic comms, shouldn't this adjustment be made to Czerka vendor as well? I was saving up for medic pistol, however it still requires 350 elite comms. Not about to pay that since I can now get 72 gear with them and the pistol only contains 69 mods.

I talked to the dev team on this and this is in fact, not a bug. The weapons on the Czerka vendor are currently the best weapons you can buy from a vendor using Commendations. As such, we kept the Elite Commendation requirement in place. This way the best weapons you can purchase from Commendations would require you to run things like Hard Mode Flashpoints.

Hope that makes sense, thanks for the reports.

-eric

I talked to the dev team on this and this is in fact, not a bug. The weapons on the Czerka vendor are currently the best weapons you can buy from a vendor using Commendations. As such, we kept the Elite Commendation requirement in place. This way the best weapons you can purchase from Commendations would require you to run things like Hard Mode Flashpoints.

-eric

Can't you at least lower the cost of those weapons? 350 Elite comms is way out of proportion compared to the rest of the gear.

-eric

Then why not bring the level of the item up to the same level as the elite comm items? As of now it's hardly worth getting.

Actually found a way to beat the system since BW wants to be stupid about this. Maybe this will wake up their brains.

Purchased Verpine offhand pistol for 140 elite comms, popped mod and enhancement in my mainhand. A 66/72/72 mainhand is still better than a 69/69/69 and only cost 140 comms compared to the 350. Plus I was able to throw the barrel in my current offhand as it's currently 69s. Win-win.

Snap out of it BW.

• 3 weeks later...

-eric

For 100+ Basic comms you can get 69 gloves/helmet and then Mass Manip for 200k-300k from GTN + few cheap mats and 69 weapon is done (after just few 55 daily area runs that cover both the money and Basic comms). 350 Elites price tag in Czerka Vendor is just nonsense in the current game economy, on any server, and does nothing but dupes new players who don't know other ways to get themselves a 69 mainhand yet. I really think the dev team should rethink this again. Edited by Pietrastor