Hahahahah

maverickmatt

If you get a 4 sec stun then you can't have ravage anymore

I mean really you would just run two combat sents. One awes the tank and nearby dps while the other hardstuns the target and both do masterstrike with presicion slash up. No way to survive period, and if target does miraculously survives those he still gets double 8k dispatches on the end of the channel.

Suposing everything crits, tell me the difference between:

Stun + Ravage. 5k,5k,9k = 19k damage.

Stun + Maul 2x. 9k, 8k(no proc) = 17k damage.

Stun + heatseeker + unload. 9k, 4.5k (x3 ticks)= 22.5k damage.

Stun + Ambush + Takedown. 9k, 7k = 16k damage.

Stun + Ambush + Series Of Shots 2x. 9k, 3.1k (x4 ticks) = 21.4k damage.

So your argument about ravage + stun is invalid. The balance between that is the right move not giving a 4sec stun for marauders because they have these dcd's... Oh wait, look at snipers, more dcd's than mara and they have a 4sec stun, seems unbalanced heh?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and you know why:)? because focus like i said before simply amplify the currents defense skills, not to mention not even a root work since the smash jump allow you to jump 10m even immobilized .

Serious the focus tree gives even more def than a poor vig guardian... rebuke on its normal state is fine, on focus it doesn't

And the smash damage since is a auto crit it isn't absorbed or mitigated by armor or even a shield, so ye a smasher can off tank better and even kill a pure tank... working as intended, spam slash and other skill to speed up smash cd getting finish and keep repeating dose... working as intended

Vig Guardian can use the Defense tree to get better defense, if they desire. Again it makes sense that focus has stronger defense than Vig. Shien is an offensive heavy stance...

LOL This is funny because it is true that people do cry about infiltration shadows, but they really are not that big of an issue if people know how to counter them. They are a bit better than scrappers, IMO; but but I would say either is very vulnerable in that if they do not finish off their target quickly from the element of surprise, they are lackluster compared to any other DPS class.

Ofc they are not a prob. ffs the were crap since game beginning, only on 2.0 inf truly become something decent.

And for this qqer's just a tip: rebuke is the only defense against a smasher.

So people wanna make focus the only playable tree is focus, why they don't try play a sentinel but not focus one, and a shadow inf? to see how class is instead complain from them...

Vig Guardian can use the Defense tree to get better defense, if they desire. Again it makes sense that focus has stronger defense than Vig. Shien is an offensive heavy stance...

so focus is far way superior to vig and you think still they need more def? :)

Do yu play sent smasher by chance? :)

And no way focus sent is like guardian focus, sent focus are better and get more def so the shared idea isn't so true mate.

Edited by Zez-Kai-Ell

Ofc they are not a prob. ffs the were crap since game beginning, only on 2.0 inf truly become something decent.

And for this qqer's just a tip: rebuke is the only defense against a smasher.

So people wanna make focus the only playable tree is focus, why they don't try play a sentinel but not focus one, and a shadow inf? to see how class is instead complain from them...

Stuns, KB, Mezz, invis, kite, clense? There is more defense than u think...

Stuns, KB, Mezz, invis, kite, clense? There is more defense than u think...

i have a shadow inf as 2 main i know the class but no way they have defense tools like focus mate. A focus sent have much more chances to beat a shadow than a watchman or combat... Why you think everyone play it?

So your argument about ravage + stun is invalid. The balance between that is the right move not giving a 4sec stun for marauders because they have these dcd's... Oh wait, look at snipers, more dcd's than mara and they have a 4sec stun, seems unbalanced heh?

since they removed from focus the skill that would increase master strike damage i don't think it will hit like that these days, i don't mean it will not but but doesn't hit anymore like that, most likely only if have a lot luck on crit on the ticks

And yes i agree no stuns for sentinels, they have instead the defense tools.

Sniper is by far more dangerous than a sent ( not counting a smasher) they have everything to keep running away from you on shoot you merciless, and auto heals while in cover

CC:

Kick

Flash grenade

Pulse detonator= knock back

Leg shot.........

is hilarious how fast they have a cc again available also :)

Edited by Zez-Kai-Ell

so focus is far way superior to vig and you think still they need more def? :)

Do yu play sent smasher by chance? :)

And no way focus sent is like guardian focus, sent focus are better and get more def so the shared idea isn't so true mate.

I have played all specs, both ACs in addition the three other alts. I have never contended that Focus needed anymore defense. And Shien needs a buff, but not to its defense.

Do you understand what each stance means and how it should be balanced, while still maintaining the lore as closely as possible?

I'm telling you again...

Shii-Cho: Mix of solid defense/solid offense accoring to the game mechanics and lore.

Problem: The offense is better than the other "offensive" stances of the class, both ACs.

"Fix": Move singularity to the other AoE because their OFFENSE is too high.

i have a shadow inf as 2 main i know the class but no way they have defense tools like focus mate. A focus sent have much more chances to beat a shadow than a watchman or combat... Why you think everyone play it?

Really?

/facepalm....

Dude, you have all those tools and a very obvious one that mitigates 100% of smash damage. You should have an easier time dealing with Smasher since they are based on pretty much 2 force attacks. And if you get hit by a smashers master strike as an Inf Shadow..... LOL

I have played all specs, both ACs in addition the three other alts. I have never contended that Focus needed anymore defense. And Shien needs a buff, but not to its defense.

Do you understand what each stance means and how it should be balanced, while still maintaining the lore as closely as possible?

I'm telling you again...

Shii-Cho: Mix of solid defense/solid offense accoring to the game mechanics and lore.

Problem: The offense is better than the other "offensive" stances of the class, both ACs.

"Fix": Move singularity to the other AoE because their OFFENSE is too high.

Yes i know what you mean and solution could start as:

Once you get 100 auto crit smash shouldn't work as aoe, and the skill that increases rebuke duration and damage dealt need a serious nerf.

This just to strat with...

Now claiming sentinel is op on the other specs isnt true.

Buffed smash= Alot rerolled to smasher class and its tree

nerf one class and buff even more other then a huge face roll, then qq about new FOTM, new nerf and its the endless idiotic circle..

Edited by Zez-Kai-Ell

Really?

/facepalm....

Dude, you have all those tools and a very obvious one that mitigates 100% of smash damage. You should have an easier time dealing with Smasher since they are based on pretty much 2 force attacks. And if you get hit by a smashers master strike as an Inf Shadow..... LOL

Mitigates when mitigates since is bugged, it fail most of the times and, and a good smasher will notice resilience on and will not smash right away, leap, 10% more dps for 5 sec, is resilience on? yes because the first reaction will use it since is most likely a smash will follow after leap, and resilience only last 3 secs while th auto crit buff is 20 secs, you have plenty of time to deal with the shadow, i played smash i know the deal man.

And the smash leap is no joke it hurts a lot which in end you can have up to 40 secs in total to make the smash meanwhile both leaps will be off cool down... again

and just a question: you said move singularity to other aoe right? then tell what other aoe you think about? cyclone slash? yes because am not aware of any other, if am forgetting something please en light me, i appreciate that, we are all trying to get a conclusion after all

Edited by Zez-Kai-Ell

Mitigates when mitigates since is bugged, it fail most of the times and, and a good smasher will notice resilience on and will not smash right away, leap, 10% more dps for 5 sec, is resilience on? yes because the first reaction will use it since is most likely a smash will follow after leap, and resilience only last 3 secs while th auto crit buff is 20 secs, you have plenty of time to deal with the shadow, i played smash i know the deal man.

And the smash leap is no joke it hurts a lot which in end you can have up to 40 secs in total to make the smash meanwhile both leaps will be off cool down... again

Where should I start? So you are sitting there trying to facetank them? Do you know how to kite? Do you k ow what the relative radius is for smash?

Apparently not...

My first toon was a Sage.I know about eating Smashes, but even as the squishiest of squishy its easier to deal with a Smasher than the other three DPS specs...

There is no argument that is valid... You have issues against smash as an Inf Shadow, which is, quite possibly the strongest 1v1 SPEC in the game.

Where should I start? So you are sitting there trying to facetank them? Do you know how to kite? Do you k ow what the relative radius is for smash?

Apparently not...

My first toon was a Sage.I know about eating Smashes, but even as the squishiest of squishy its easier to deal with a Smasher than the other three DPS specs...

There is no argument that is valid... You have issues against smash as an Inf Shadow, which is, quite possibly the strongest 1v1 SPEC in the game.

kite a smasher, well that is a good challenge.

Wath am trying to explain is the problem is focus and its because how make them more stronger, if you play combat or watchman you need every current cd they have, period

Still why people are not saying what tree are those trouble makers playing hun?

kite a smasher, well that is a good challenge.

Wath am trying to explain is the problem is focus and its because how make them more stronger, if you play combat or watchman you need every current cd they have, period

Still why people are not saying what tree are those trouble makers playing hun?

Please, everyone knows what tree we are talking about and you are wrong. Smash is only strong when players are bunched up in packs humping each other or trying to stay inside of a cuddle puddle. The damage isn't even all that bad besides the fact that it hit multiple people, but the spec and lore is based on AoE, as well as balanced offense and defense. The only plausible solution is to decrease that number that pops up when a smash hits.

And yes, you need to learn how to kite, root, snare. You got just as many, if not more slows, stuns, and Mezz that smash maras have and your stealth is far superior.. Your class has more than enough tools to limit smashers, and the good ones eat smashers for breakfast.

You're forgetting on the Merc, the Tracer Missile Ramp Up, which would get interrupted if HO isn't used and that Carbonize has a 10M range. So unless the merc uses the CC, the Mara has already leaped and Smashed or attempted to if the Merc used Jet Boost to KB. Also ravage is immune to traditional interrupts.

Please, everyone knows what tree we are talking about and you are wrong. Smash is only strong when players are bunched up in packs humping each other or trying to stay inside of a cuddle puddle. The damage isn't even all that bad besides the fact that it hit multiple people, but the spec and lore is based on AoE, as well as balanced offense and defense. The only plausible solution is to decrease that number that pops up when a smash hits.

And yes, you need to learn how to kite, root, snare. You got just as many, if not more slows, stuns, and Mezz that smash maras have and your stealth is far superior.. Your class has more than enough tools to limit smashers, and the good ones eat smashers for breakfast.

With all due respect mate, seems you have serious issues against sentinels, and if you think they should take camouflage off and nerf rebuke even is that its on consideration then you have no clue how easy is shut down a combat sentinel or a watchman. and for pvp people would rather take a sentinel smasher then a guardian, most even rolled sentinel exactly because of that.

Just because most part prefer to play a brainless spec ( this is just my opinion) don't mean that there isn't other's who like to play a tree more challenging and something with more skill, i tell you again problem is the survival on focus, and you self said no doubt focus is the strongest 1v1 spec tree, so please stop trying destroy the def skills on their original state when they are essentials for the other trees, you wanna compare a 20% damage reduction for 6 secs against one for 10 secs? and dealing 15% more damage? Please go play combat or watchman and see the huge diference

Pfft. By the time they use GBTF, I've done thrown out all my stuns and mezzes to the first person I see. Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

Sounds like a Lrn2play issue there. "BW nerf this class because the player countered everything I threw at him, I have no patience and dont know how to counter classes, NERF NOW"

With all due respect mate, seems you have serious issues against sentinels, and if you think they should take camouflage off and nerf rebuke even is that its on consideration then you have no clue how easy is shut down a combat sentinel or a watchman. and for pvp people would rather take a sentinel smasher then a guardian, most even rolled sentinel exactly because of that.

Just because most part prefer to play a brainless spec ( this is just my opinion) don't mean that there isn't other's who like to play a tree more challenging and something with more skill, i tell you again problem is the survival on focus, and you self said no doubt focus is the strongest 1v1 spec tree, so please stop trying destroy the def skills on their original state when they are essentials for the other trees, you wanna compare a 20% damage reduction for 6 secs against one for 10 secs? and dealing 15% more damage? Please go play combat or watchman and see the huge diference

Here it is again. The autodefault "try another spec, blah,blah,blah"..

Ask Undying how much I play Smash on my Mara.:rolleyes:

You just don't get it do you? Did you miss the memo when I said "as long as they give the other specs a proportional amount of offense"? The other specs wouldn't need defense if the offense was proportionally better. It would also mean that the difference between the specs would...... BE MORE IN LINE WITH THE LORE.

Do you get it now?

Edited by L-RANDLE

they main l2p issue is with gbtf is so no brainer cd, every semi decent mara/sent can use it

Good. Part of being a decent or good player is knowing how and when to use your cds. Whats your point? Are you saying a class should have cds that only the elite should be able and know how to use? W T F are you talking about?

Here it is again. The autodefault "try another spec, blah,blah,blah"..

Ask Undying how much I play Smash on my Mara.:rolleyes:

You just don't get it do you? Did you miss the memo when I said "as long as they give the other specs a proportional amount of offense"? The other specs wouldn't need defense if the offense was proportionally better. It would also mean that the difference between the specs would...... BE MORE IN LINE WITH THE LORE.

Do you get it now?

wanna talk about lore? then where is on lore shii shoo technique anything like smash?

give something to other trees? they will not or should i remember you again that they nerfed watchman without any reason or warning?

Combat was more nerfed than buffed, wa way better before 2.0 than now and dont even say the reset on precision slash improved a lot tree, was more a nerf disguised as buff with the change on blade storm auto crit but smash still same story,

if they even would improve damage on other trees more complainers will start crying how op combat is, omg need a nerf.

like some one said: when a focus sent can tank like that something isn't right, is focus defense that are wrong not default def skills, and any smashers isn't minimal worry because we all know wath the hell even devs play, if they dont see issue then there is no problem.

If a tree does massive dps then by other hand the survival should be less but isnt the case on combat or watchman is it? now focus by other hand have everything