Hahahahah

maverickmatt

No way man, I need 110% on my Carn to make sure "Strike" lands 100% of the time.

Derp....:rolleyes:

Actually, in pvp you need 100% accuracy, and 110% in pve. The reason for this is not only for strike, but primarily for Blade Rush which is a melee (not force) attack. And if BR misses, then you are getting less Ataru procs, which means your damage goes way down.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, in pvp you need 100% accuracy, and 110% in pve. The reason for this is not only for strike, but primarily for Blade Rush which is a melee (not force) attack. And if BR misses, then you are getting less Ataru procs, which means your damage goes way down.

100% accuracy in pvp is the same as 95% accuracy because the 5% base defense chance of a player overrides.

in PvE you need 100 melee accuracy and 110% force accuracy because bosses have a base 10% resist (force defense) however they do not have any melee/ranged defense. (this is to prevent sorcs from having a undue advantage in PvE as otherwise they would not have to take any accuracy while all other classes would.)

at 95% accuracy against a player

5% of your attacks will be dodged

95% will hit

at 100%

5% dodged

95% hit

at 91%

5% dodged

4% miss

91% hit

at 105%

0% dodged

0% miss

100% hit

at 103%

2% dodged

0% miss

98% hit

100% accuracy in pvp is the same as 95% accuracy because the 5% base defense chance of a player overrides.

in PvE you need 100 melee accuracy and 110% force accuracy because bosses have a base 10% resist (force defense) however they do not have any melee/ranged defense. (this is to prevent sorcs from having a undue advantage in PvE as otherwise they would not have to take any accuracy while all other classes would.)

at 95% accuracy against a player

5% of your attacks will be dodged

95% will hit

at 100%

5% dodged

95% hit

at 91%

5% dodged

4% miss

91% hit

at 105%

0% dodged

0% miss

100% hit

at 103%

2% dodged

0% miss

98% hit

Fairly accurate, except that miss isnt wiped off the table until 100%, at which you can still be dodged at 5% chance.

Most attacks are either tech or force which has an increased hit %, and also other kinetic (white damage) attacks are not the bulk of damage for most other specs, and the slot for accuracy is less beneficial than stacking a secondary, ie: power. Which is why 95% accuracy is acceptable for most other specs.

Edited by Mikeieveli

Fairly accurate, except that miss isnt wiped off the table until 100%, at which you can still be dodged at 5% chance.

Most attacks are either tech or force which has an increased hit %, and also other kinetic (white damage) attacks are not the bulk of damage for most other specs, and the slot for accuracy is less beneficial than stacking a secondary, ie:power. Which is why 95% accuracy is acceptable for most other specs.

no dodge and miss are in the same roll just like shield and crit.

In other words there is one dice roll that has both defense and accuracy on it.

And yes I am absolutely positive 100% that's how it works.

In PvP if you have 95% accuracy you will never ever get a "miss" unless you have a accuracy debuff.

if you had hypothetically 80% accuracy you would (assuming perfect statistical results) get 80% hits, 5% dodges and 15% misses.

Dodge is rolled with accuracy if defense + accuracy > 100% then you can never miss that target, only get dodges.

95% + 5% = 100% no misses

Edited by Zoom_VI

no dodge and miss are in the same roll just like shield and crit.

In other words there is one dice roll that has both defense and accuracy on it.

And yes I am absolutely positive 100% that's how it works.

In PvP if you have 95% accuracy you will never ever get a "miss" unless you have a accuracy debuff.

if you had hypothetically 80% accuracy you would (assuming perfect statistical results) get 80% hits, 5% dodges and 15% misses.

Dodge is rolled with accuracy if defense + accuracy > 100% then you can never miss that target, only get dodges.

95% + 5% = 100% no misses

That may be correct for special attacks but I am not sure about white damage attacks. Although I could be wrong, I will have to check into it more.

Presuming that you are 100% correct, it would still be necessary for Combat Sents to stack 100% accuracy in PvP. Any misses or dodges from BR, means no Ataru procs, no HoJ Procs and no Opportune Strike (auto crit for BS) procs. Which means a huge dps loss.

Edited by Mikeieveli

That may be correct for special attacks but I am not sure about white damage attacks. Although I could be wrong, I will have to check into it more.

Presuming that you are 100% correct, it would still be necessary for Combat Sents to stack 100% accuracy in PvP. Any misses or dodges from BR, means no Ataru procs, no HoJ Procs and no Opportune Strike (auto crit for BS) procs. Which means a huge dps loss.

Why 100%? as I posted earlier 100% accuracy in pvp is the same as 95% you will see the same number of successful hits. At 95% you will never see a "miss" only a "dodge" but bear in mind that to the game a "dodge" and a "miss" are mechanically the same. (see article in pior post)

Why 100%? as I posted earlier 100% accuracy in pvp is the same as 95% you will see the same number of successful hits. At 95% you will never see a "miss" only a "dodge" but bear in mind that to the game a "dodge" and a "miss" are mechanically the same. (see article in pior post)

The reason why you need 100%, i half stated in my previous post. If you are dodged on BR, all of the major damage abilities are tied to it, which means you proc less HoJ, OS (auto crit proc for BS).

Just as important, and not found on many classes, are OH hits. OH is on a separate table, and misses more often. This is more important for Ataru than Juyo because Combat is based off melee rather than force (Juyo).

most of the skills for Juyo in the rotation, except Merciliss Slash, are force which has added accuracy, while MS suffers, it benefits the spec more to stack secondary stat rather than the accuracy for the OH for the just attack that is on a cd and used less than the other skills.

Combat uses BR as the primary and spammed attack. So the more misses and dodges with the OH hurt the damage of spec. Which is why accuracy is beneficial overall as a damage boost up to 100%. It minimizes the misses and dodges of the OH.

Edited by Mikeieveli

The reason why you need 100%, i half stated in my previous post. If you are dodged on BR, all of the major damage abilities are tied to it, which means you proc less HoJ, OS (auto crit proc for BS).

Just as important, and not found on many classes, are OH hits. OH is on a separate table, and misses more often. This is more important for Ataru than Juyo because Combat is based off melee rather than force (Juyo).

most of the skills for Juyo in the rotation, except Merciliss Slash, are force which has added accuracy, while MS suffers, it benefits the spec more to stack secondary stat rather than the accuracy for the OH for the just attack that is on a cd and used less than the other skills.

Combat uses BR as the primary and spammed attack. So the more misses and dodges with the OH hurt the damage of spec. Which is why accuracy is beneficial overall as a damage boost up to 100%. It minimizes the misses and dodges of the OH.

EXCEPT 100% ACCURACY DOES NO BETTER THAN 95%,

sorry for caps but your literally repeating the same thing and not comprehending a thing im saying

You will get no more successful hits *not one* at 95% versus 100%

You will have to exceed 100% to see any reduction of dodges, but that that phase the DR on accuracy is extreme and it just isn't worth it. Statistical average says you can ignore that 5% dodges chance, killing your surge does nothing for you.

Also your offhand will always get misses they actually balanced offhands this way to prevent a extreme overpoweredness of dual-weilds. Also offhand damage is still minor in PvP since it compromises a much less portion of your burst. It is better to have 95% accuracy and a crap load of surge than 105% accuracy and zero surge.

Never, EVER gear for your offhand

EXCEPT 100% ACCURACY DOES NO BETTER THAN 95%,

sorry for caps but your literally repeating the same thing and not comprehending a thing im saying

You will get no more successful hits *not one* at 95% versus 100%

You will have to exceed 100% to see any reduction of dodges, but that that phase the DR on accuracy is extreme and it just isn't worth it. Statistical average says you can ignore that 5% dodges chance, killing your surge does nothing for you.

Also your offhand will always get misses they actually balanced offhands this way to prevent a extreme overpoweredness of dual-weilds. Also offhand damage is still minor in PvP since it compromises a much less portion of your burst. It is better to have 95% accuracy and a crap load of surge than 105% accuracy and zero surge.

Never, EVER gear for your offhand

Ok here it is. Im not a mathematician but there are mathematicians that have done run the numbers on stacking surge or getting 100% accuracy for combat sentinels. They ALL agree that the damage is better for BR and combat sents that stack 100% accuracy. The reason, OH attacks. While you may say never stack for OH, the fact is 80% of damage comes from BR which is spammed and the more misses from your OH the less damage you do up to 100% accuracy.

But hey, Im sure you know what your talking about. Dont take my word for it, do the research yourself. The information is out there. Those that have done the metrics all agree to stack up to 100%, backed by math, pre 2.0 and post 2.0, despite what you say. How is that for repeating myself?

Ok here it is. Im not a mathematician but there are mathematicians that have done run the numbers on stacking surge or getting 100% accuracy for combat sentinels. They ALL agree that the damage is better for BR and combat sents that stack 100% accuracy. The reason, OH attacks. While you may say never stack for OH, the fact is 80% of damage comes from BR which is spammed and the more misses from your OH the less damage you do up to 100% accuracy.

But hey, Im sure you know what your talking about. Dont take my word for it, do the research yourself. The information is out there. Those that have done the metrics all agree to stack up to 100%, backed by math, pre 2.0 and post 2.0, despite what you say. How is that for repeating myself?

Even at the max Ataru hits for 900. Maybe that works for PvE where bosses have HPs in the millions, but it don't work that way in PvP, where HP pools are not large enough for the difference to pan out. There is no possible way for stats to equalize to even make that assumption anyway.

Edit: you do also realize that OH damage will never be 100% right? @100% ACC, OH is at 67%/77%. This means you are significantly more likely to miss with your OH, than your MH, and I an not even sure if Ataru is an OH attack as well.

Edited by L-RANDLE

You didn't link this "math"

But I am fairly positive where you got it from. Those calculations are done for max dps on a PvE boss. PvE bosses do not have the base 5% defense chance. Also burst is much less of an issue in PvE as well.

You didn't link this "math"

But I am fairly positive where you got it from. Those calculations are done for max dps on a PvE boss. PvE bosses do not have the base 5% defense chance. Also burst is much less of an issue in PvE as well.

To add I also found that 90% of attacks for this class are considered special regardless of the color. So maybe we can put this ACC thing to rest.

Stack Surge...

Profit...