How do you get Light Side 1 status?

josephfinnigan

Light side (or dark side) status is based on the difference between your Light Side Points and your Dark side points.

Some numbers:

Light: 100

Dark: 600

Net Status: 500 Dark.

So to get Light 1: Light - Dark = 1000

Just run the first flash point a few times and pick the light option.

Light / Dark alignment is determined by the choices you make during your quests. Your current alignment can be checked on your character page. A mouse hover will tell you your net alignment and how many points you neeed to get to the next level.

• 2 weeks later...
and, from what i am seeing, the stuff you can get for either light or dark (atleast in the 20's) does not realy seem to be any better than other stuff you can get (from drops, or missions)

they've said that is intentional. that alignment gear is more about appearances and though u may find/buy alignment gear that is a big help to you, there is a perfectly good chance of you being awarded/buying something in drops/store that's just as good and not alignment based.

• 9 years later...
I have 2000 and something of Light 8according to the chart) and I can´t equip a lightsaber (it says in red that I need Light 1). I am a Jedi Sentinel (dual blade). Could it be why I can´t equip? But if that´s the case, shoudl it be in red "lightsaber" instead of "Requires Light 1"? Hope someone can help me with this noob question (I started playing on Sunday). Thank you in advance.

The lightsaber requires light side tier 1. There are 5 tiers (i - V) for each side. Each Tier gives you a title, so you'll get a little popup and an achievement when it when it happens.

The post you quoted is from 2012. Nowadays alignment goes up to 100,000 in each direction and tier 1 is at 3000.

Edited by Mubrak

The lightsaber requires light side tier 1. There are 5 tiers (i - V) for each side. Each Tier gives you a title, so you'll get a little popup and an achievement when it when it happens.

The post you quoted is from 2012. Nowadays alignment goes up to 100,000 in each direction and tier 1 is at 3000.

So I need to reach 3000 points first? Thank you, I´m sorry about this being from 2012. I searched for the topic, and did not even notice the date. But thank you for answering :)

So I need to reach 3000 points first? Thank you, I´m sorry about this being from 2012. I searched for the topic, and did not even notice the date. But thank you for answering :)

Yes, and what counts is the total score (the top number when you look at the alignment bar's tooltip)

Light and dark side points are counted separately, and until you max out light side points at 100k, the dark side points will always be deducted from your total, so even when you have 3000 light side points, but also got 200 dark side points, you don't yet qualify for Light 1, because your total is 2800.

Edited by Mubrak

Yes, and what counts is the total score (the top number when you look at the alignment bar's tooltip)

Light and dark side points are counted separately, and until you max out light side points at 100k, the dark side points will always be deducted from your total, so even when you have 3000 light side points, but also got 200 dark side points, you don't yet qualify for Light 1, because your total is 2800.

Thank you again :) Thta cleared my questions :)