HK-51 Watchtower Customization

AshlaBoga

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conjecture: Perhaps the Bioware meatbags placed this upgrade in the hands of an exceptionally challenging target, and wishes it to remain secret until it is acquired by a lucky organic.

Well if they made it a NiM DF/DP drop, they could at least inform us of that by responding to this thread.

Well if they made it a NiM DF/DP drop, they could at least inform us of that by responding to this thread.

This is probably the most annoying thing about the topic - how hard would it be to just say "Hey guys, this is what happened to the customization. We apologize for the lack of communication"?

Edited by Lesaberisa

So there is a thread, started today, asking where the dewback mounts are? Noticed it as the first item in the dev tracker and Eric has responded to it already. Yet this thread now 13 pages long and started umpteen weeks ago still has no response. Maybe if the new hk skin came with a my little pony mount we would get a response.

Sadly this isn't a Cartel Market item....which they tend not to give a damn about it seems.

SWTOR is dead at this point and Cartel Market of the Old Republic is what this game is now.

So there is a thread, started today, asking where the dewback mounts are? Noticed it as the first item in the dev tracker and Eric has responded to it already. Yet this thread now 13 pages long and started umpteen weeks ago still has no response. Maybe if the new hk skin came with a my little pony mount we would get a response.

Well... the Dewback mounts are apparently coming out soon (this week). So the devs can actually give people good news.

I suspect the lack of response regarding the HK skin means that there is no good news. If anything were to be said it would likely not be something we want to hear.

Alternate theory: Seems like after a period of time, <something more> is added back in to daily areas or recurring events. This is usually to incentivise people to go back to an area that they've already stopped visiting. Voss got rep dye schematic added, Section X got achivements and a dye schematic added, the gree event got the sphere speeders added, BBA event got a pet and a speeder added, CZ-198 got achivements added.

Oricon already has achievements, I think the trend would suggest that items will be added at some point. Either something new and obtainable at legend rep, or something that requires some sort of new token turnin.

Hmm... might be true but I get mine from GTN. So... I say keep it going. Got the look I want for no additional dollars. It works for me.

OK, well I'm glad it isn't something I want. It reminds me of the hideous Dread Forged armor. So I definitely won't be trying to get this one.

gold response to threads has been a bit light the last couple months with the exception of:

bugs that benefit players

bugs that break the game / server crashes

cartel market

Galactic Starfighter

It's my own personal belief that no news means I wouldn't like what they would say.

So, for the HK skin. If they were to post they'd just say "nope, we completely removed it from the game and have no plans to add it in later" or "we're going to make it a limited time CM purchase, something like 4000 or 5000 CC" or "We're going to add it back to the vendor at a later date, and make it require some new kind of rep token so you have to grind Oricon quests to get the skin".

I think they'd say something like that. Since I wouldn't expect that to be well received, I'm not expecting them to say anything.

Edited by Jaing

Hmm... I'm starting to think, it is out there somewhere on Oricon for us to find. I noticed something while digging for the root bonus that makes me thing there is something else out there. Usually when you dig for a root and fail, the directional scan afterwards is blank, no direction given. However, after failing a dig I got a direction with no other roots around. At the time I was in the "dailies zone" and moved on to find another root, but later.... wondered if I shouldn't have followed the scan.

I may be chasing shadows, but the silence is deafening. The reason could be because it is up to us to find the customization.

Hmm... I'm starting to think, it is out there somewhere on Oricon for us to find. I noticed something while digging for the root bonus that makes me thing there is something else out there. Usually when you dig for a root and fail, the directional scan afterwards is blank, no direction given. However, after failing a dig I got a direction with no other roots around. At the time I was in the "dailies zone" and moved on to find another root, but later.... wondered if I shouldn't have followed the scan.

I may be chasing shadows, but the silence is deafening. The reason could be because it is up to us to find the customization.

It probably would have lead you to another root. Just one really far away.

Bumping thread in the hopes of a potential dev answer :sul_angel:

But yeah, it would be nice to at least tell us what will become of it. I mean, if they intend to make it a NiM drop, just tell us! It's something more for the raiders to look forward too in raiding NiM DF :D

Edited by Sarkos

Bumping thread in the hopes of a potential dev answer :sul_angel:

But yeah, it would be nice to at least tell us what will become of it. I mean, if they intend to make it a NiM drop, just tell us! It's something more for the raiders to look forward too in raiding NiM DF :D

Yeah, I'm thinking it's not a NiM DF drop at this point, because if it was, why wouldn't Eric say "Yes?"