Stop skipping content while leveling in flashpoints

Shadowaus

Really, the logic behind skipping content is baffling.

I asked a dps how long their queue is, the answers were 'long' and 'very long'

So you both wanna skip most of the content in a flashpoint, denying yourself the easy xp, just so you can go back to sitting in queue, faster?

Logical.

at level 45, its 2000xp per elite, 1000xp per strong.

That all adds up when you're killing so many of them.

yet his method is still faster. So what's your point? Regardless of how much it adds up..rushing through to get the mission done...turn in..then get back to class/side mission grinding is STILL much faster.

What's baffling is whatever point you're trying (and failing) to make.

So you both wanna skip most of the content in a flashpoint, denying yourself the easy xp, just so you can go back to sitting in queue, faster?

Logical.

Grinding class/planet/daily missions is a much faster way to get XP. Flashpoints are for farming gear (after having enjoyed the story once or twice - for most people that is). So if you are after some piece of gear that only certain bosses drop (or finishing FP-related dailies or weeklies), you want to get to that certain boss as fast as possible.

Logical.

That's the fun part of being a healer, you either get to decide whether they live or die if they want to run ahead of you and the tank

yet his method is still faster. So what's your point? Regardless of how much it adds up..rushing through to get the mission done...turn in..then get back to class/side mission grinding is STILL much faster.

What's baffling is whatever point you're trying (and failing) to make.

how do you figure it is faster? if you are in a group using the numbers above every 10 kills or so is the same as a quest. the ops point is very logical experience wise. especially if he is playing a tank or healer at that level. gear wise it isn't but the thread isn't about that.

my best advice is to join a good guild and leave the group finder alone. or if a tank or healer set the pace and let the dps leave the group and sit in the queue a little longer. besides a well geared companion can dps most fp rather well.:D

When you're by yourself, killing golds and silvers 2 levels above yours, with rested xp, does indeed make a hefty amount of experience. But in a group, even when you are at the "right" level, most often than not, someone else is like 4,5,6 levels above you, which screws up the xp you may get from kills.

Better clear the fp faster and then go back in.

Also, most people will be using general xp boosters, but these don't affect the kills, only the objectives and the actual flashpoint, so it makes sense they want to finish it faster

Also, most people will be using general xp boosters, but these don't affect the kills, only the objectives and the actual flashpoint, so it makes sense they want to finish it faster

The legacy character perk reads:

Increases the amount of experience gained by defeating enemies in flashpoints.

Unless I am way off that is per kill

The legacy character perk reads:

Increases the amount of experience gained by defeating enemies in flashpoints.

Unless I am way off that is per kill

Yes, that's the legacy perk.

I said the general xp boosters, the consumables from Cartel Market. The ones that boost "everything", which unfortunately leaves out kills.

That's the fun part of being a healer, you either get to decide whether they live or die if they want to run ahead of you and the tank

This.

Healer why did I die...because you're stupid

Dies again

Healer why did I die...see previous comment

Eventually they learn

I have had healers, tanks and dps drop the FP for this reason. Some people haven't done the FPs before, and a couple members pull their speeders at the start and take off. This is really annoying. I think people should either run the FP, or all agree to speeder around it all BEFORE starting. Expecting people who haven't run it to know where you went off to on your speeder is extremely rude, especially if they've waited for the queue.