*** no assist target?

thanatosxrs

I noticed in groups you can't make an assist target like in lotro where you can have the tank or dps is target to help out other members know what do start dpsing without aggro going everywhere! and *** is with no voice chat, LOTRO has build in voice chat for groups. These are some really simple mmo design mistakes in swtor. The amount of design mistakes is crazy in this game compared to even cheap mmos. Don't get me wrong I like the game but sometimes I wonder how the managed to spend 300 million on swtor yet is riddle with simple design mistakes.

• 2 months later...

No, that's only a shortcut way to target the target of the tank (or whomever you click on). The "assist" that I believe was mentioned in Thanatosxrs's original post is a true assist. Basically, you target the tank and whatever the tank is hitting, you'll be hitting. The tank can switch targets and you'll still only be hitting what he's hitting.

The benefit of this is especially useful for healers who need to do DPS/use basic firing to replenish their energy. For example: My main Pub toon is a Scoundrel. If I'm clicked on the tank, I can heal him, but if I also need to fire off Flurry of Bolts to help build up my energy, I don't have to click on the tank's target. I can just fire and it will hit whatever the tank is hitting and still be targeting the tank.

This "target of target" is for the birds! It's a PITA to be DPS and a healer in this game without this simple addition of "ASSIST". PLEASE add it to the game. It can't be that hard, especially if they do it in LOTR and Everquest 2. Obviously it's been done before.

Edited by ArialBurnz

Yes, you're absolutely right, Elly...it's lazy, but from a PROGRAMMING standpoint. It's lazy it wasn't included in the game.

I love SWTOR, but it's not perfect and suggestions like this one will help improve game play. Assist is a pretty standard feature in games like this. By the way, thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE comments, as per the guidelines.

Yes, you're absolutely right, Elly...it's lazy, but from a PROGRAMMING standpoint. It's lazy it wasn't included in the game.

I love SWTOR, but it's not perfect and suggestions like this one will help improve game play. Assist is a pretty standard feature in games like this. By the way, thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE comments, as per the guidelines.

It is lazy and in PvP makes exploding targets a cake walk. It being helpful is subjective I don't think it is personally it dumbs it down even more. Maybe it was excluded on purpose not due to lazy ness as you contend.

So many professional players here. Anyway I would think this would be a great feature. Or at least give us the option to have 2 targets namely a friendly and an enemy target. But then again it's a bit futile as the are no real support classes in this game only the unholy trinity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.