Single Player "mode"

VitalityPrime

I want to suggest a "single player" mode.

This would give players the option to switch to their own instance...where they are the only player in the map.

This would vastly improve enjoyment and the immersion level of the story...in my opinion.

As of right now...you can choose between different instances depending on how many people are online.

Those instances would still be there for people who are fine with how things are right now...but you would now have the option to switch to your own instance.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to happen. No offense but of you want single play, go and play and RPG. This is an MMO regardless of how much content is single player friendly. Also in addion you open the door to hacks and feats and that would utterly destroy the game.

I never understand why people say this.

The fact is...if I could play this game and story as a single player anywhere else...I would.

I don't play a game simply to play a game. I play it for the content of the said game and the story that comes with it.

This is the only place I can play a star wars game with this story...with my own created character.

Anyways...how would this "open the door to hacks and feats that would utterly destroy the game"?

I'm not sure you really understanding what is being suggested here.

This would give players the option to switch to their own instance...where they are the only player in the map.

This would vastly improve enjoyment and the immersion level of the story...in my opinion.

As of right now...you can choose between different instances depending on how many people are online.

Those instances would still be there for people who are fine with how things are right now...but you would now have the option to switch to your own instance.

"I want to play an MMO, but I don't want to have to put with anybody around me."

As the previous poster said, there are plenty of single player games out there. An MMO is NOT a single player game.

"I want to play an MMO, but I don't want to have to put with anybody around me."

As the previous poster said, there are plenty of single player games out there. An MMO is NOT a single player game.

The point of this suggestion is to have the option to enjoy the story alone...while also being able to team whenever you wanted to.

This whole "play a single player game if that's what you want" is absurd...and is completely missing the point.

I'm not at all suggesting them to take away the option to team with people. I'm asking for an option to simply be in your own instance.

This suggestion is no different than if you happen to be playing during "non-peak" hours on a planet like Quesh...and you're the only person there.

The point of this suggestion is to have the option to enjoy the story alone...while also being able to team whenever you wanted to.

This whole "play a single player game if that's what you want" is absurd...and is completely missing the point.

I'm not at all suggesting them to take away the option to team with people. I'm asking for an option to simply be in your own instance.

This suggestion is no different than if you happen to be playing during "non-peak" hours on a planet like Quesh...and you're the only person there.

No.

Asking the devs to turn an MMO into a single player game because you don't want to have to deal with other players is absurd.

If you are playing at off peak hours and are on a low populated planet, it is still possible for others to travel to planet and you would no longer be alone. What you are asking for is to prevent the possibility of anyone ever joining "your" instance, no matter what time of day it is.

If you want to play a single player game, go find one. If you want to play SWTOR, accept the fact that it IS an MMO and you WILL have to deal with other players. Also accept the fact that there WILL BE content that WILL require grouping and CANNOT be done solo.

you guys are a riot you can say its a MMO all you wont but the fact it its a RPG/MMO that loud MMO players have all but killed and you totally killed the direction of the game for 3 raids and you still could not fund the game dress up is only going to keep the RPG players around for so long and when we go so dose the game

lets look at what the loud MMO players that knew how to push dev have provided to the game FREE TO PLAY /PAY A RAIDER TO WIN/ and cartel dress up o yea 3 raids that 10% of players have cleared

This would vastly improve enjoyment and the immersion level of the story...in my opinion

Just do what I do: ignore other player characters. And once in a while that means /ignore, but not often. No other player's character is part of your in-character universe unless you want them to be. "Problem" solved.

you guys are a riot you can say its a MMO all you wont but the fact it its a RPG/MMO that loud MMO players have all but killed and you totally killed the direction of the game for 3 raids and you still could not fund the game dress up is only going to keep the RPG players around for so long and when we go so dose the game

lets look at what the loud MMO players that knew how to push dev have provided to the game FREE TO PLAY /PAY A RAIDER TO WIN/ and cartel dress up o yea 3 raids that 10% of players have cleared

Really? We killed the game because we accept the game for what it is come on. Seriously just because the devs do not make any additional single play content doesn't mean we as raiders are to blame. And I am really getting tired of these made up statistics that say "10% of player base as only cleared them"

Where exactly are your sources? Yeah I thought so. Oh and what the hell is up with your last line? Pay a raider to win/cartel dress up? MMO's like this have always been about dress up. Get over it. I understand you want more of a playstyle but I've said this to you before, blaming raiders is stupid and if you truly want a single player experience find a single player game.

But do not tell us we killed the game because we play it the way it's meant to be played.

Mmm...

I really can't see why would you would want to turn a "group" game into a single game as a whole, while I do see aspects of "solo" play that does make sense.

For instance, dailies, I feel all of them should be done via instances, so players doing "partial" content (ergo dailies) don't rape the area to get to the mission objectives called by the daily mission and ruin it for those actually doing the thread missions there. Obviously I am citing a situation where two very different objectives do negatively impact each other.

As a mother of two children, group playing is difficult for me and can not indulge in all the time. So normally I find myself leveling alone and at my own pace per force. But once I reached level 55 and is time to gear up, I have little choice but to group to get the gear, but ultimately end-game = gear grind, and does not rate as high for me in the scale of fun and eventually rates more like tedium... Incidentally I solo mostly as a courtesy to other players, for they would grow tired of me for every five minutes going AFK to tend to a crying child.

In general as I had leveled, I did not feel the world was hostile to soloers, for about 80% of level content tends to be instanced.

Perhaps more content for characters been developed could be instanced, but don't feel that is a make or break deal.

Sue

No.

Asking the devs to turn an MMO into a single player game because you don't want to have to deal with other players is absurd.

If you are playing at off peak hours and are on a low populated planet, it is still possible for others to travel to planet and you would no longer be alone. What you are asking for is to prevent the possibility of anyone ever joining "your" instance, no matter what time of day it is.

If you want to play a single player game, go find one. If you want to play SWTOR, accept the fact that it IS an MMO and you WILL have to deal with other players. Also accept the fact that there WILL BE content that WILL require grouping and CANNOT be done solo.

I'm not asking them to turn it into a single player game. I'm simply suggesting a way to allow players to enjoy the story on a different level.

Anyways...I do accept the fact that SWTOR is an MMO and I will have to deal with it.

However, there is no reason for me not to suggest something that would make the game more enjoyable for myself...without changing anything for anyone else.

I'm not asking them to turn it into a single player game. I'm simply suggesting a way to allow players to enjoy the story on a different level.

Anyways...I do accept the fact that SWTOR is an MMO and I will have to deal with it.

However, there is no reason for me not to suggest something that would make the game more enjoyable for myself...without changing anything for anyone else.

What you are asking for will not happen as previously posted by others. I'm not going to patronize you about your gaming wishes.

If you're looking for a way to enjoy the game by yourself, simply turn off the chat channels, stay away from group instances (flashpoints and operations), and do enjoy the level 1-55 content. After you've reached 55, dailies can provide you with a large amount of cash that overtime can buy you the modifications to your gear that would put you on par to second tier raiders.

Unfortunately, if you're on a PvP server, you'll still be a target to other players. If you are, I would suggest transferring to a PvE server.

Do you think you are so entitled that you should be able to play the game the way you want, and not the way the devs intended?

Why am I not surprised at this attitude?

Do you think you are so entitled that you should be able to play the game the way you want, and not the way the devs intended?

Why am I not surprised at this attitude?

I don't understand how you can take a suggestion and equate it with someone feeling entitled.

I was simply giving a suggestion that would, in my opinion, better the gameplay experience.

At no point in my suggestion was I making demands to devs.

If you don't like or agree with my suggestion, that's absolutely fine...but to equate it with me feeling "entitled" is absolutely absurd.

What you are asking for will not happen as previously posted by others. I'm not going to patronize you about your gaming wishes.

If you're looking for a way to enjoy the game by yourself, simply turn off the chat channels, stay away from group instances (flashpoints and operations), and do enjoy the level 1-55 content. After you've reached 55, dailies can provide you with a large amount of cash that overtime can buy you the modifications to your gear that would put you on par to second tier raiders.

Unfortunately, if you're on a PvP server, you'll still be a target to other players. If you are, I would suggest transferring to a PvE server.

Don't get me wrong...I definitely enjoy the game as it is right now.

I was simply suggesting an option that would make my experience even better.

The way I look at it...is there was no reason for me not to suggest it. Either everyone loves my idea and it eventually gets implemented...or everyone hates my idea and the devs don't even consider it at all, which is what happened.

No big deal...at least I feel better now, knowing that I at least exhausted this option.

I really just can't understand the whole "play a different game" crowd that attacks me for this suggestion.

God forbid someone wants to play through the storyline aspect of the game solo.

Anyways, it is what it is.

So you're saying that you would go to a planet like Tatooine which has Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4 areas, a world boss on a contested timer, a PvP area, specialty Seeker Droid areas, harvest nodes, security chests, and some other things, all of which are in a contested area where spontaneous PvP is encouraged by the devs, and you want to create your own instance of this planet so you don't have to deal with anyone else while you explore.

That just goes against of spirit of the content being designed for us. I cannot endorse a suggestion like this for this particular game.

So you're saying that you would go to a planet like Tatooine which has Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4 areas, a world boss on a contested timer, a PvP area, specialty Seeker Droid areas, harvest nodes, security chests, and some other things, all of which are in a contested area where spontaneous PvP is encouraged by the devs, and you want to create your own instance of this planet so you don't have to deal with anyone else while you explore.

That just goes against of spirit of the content being designed for us. I cannot endorse a suggestion like this for this particular game.

The way I look at it is...you already have instance 1 and instance 2 to choose from. (usually...and depending on the amount of players online)

This suggestion would add "your own" instance to choose from as well.

So while you are running through your storyline missions, you have the option use your own instance to "add immersion value" to your playthrough. This way you don't have to see all people and all the same companions running around, completing that exact same tasks you are.

In my opinion...things like that really hurt the immersion value of the game...and subsequently, the story overall.

Then, if you want to team up for heroics, or the world boss, or any other mission...you can simply go back to the orginal instances of the game. The general chat would be there for every instance of that planet, just like it is now...so you can team up whenever you would want to.

Also, this would change nothing for those who could care less about this suggestion. Your game experience would be exactly the same as it is now.

Don't get me wrong...I definitely enjoy the game as it is right now.

I was simply suggesting an option that would make my experience even better.

The way I look at it...is there was no reason for me not to suggest it. Either everyone loves my idea and it eventually gets implemented...or everyone hates my idea and the devs don't even consider it at all, which is what happened.

No big deal...at least I feel better now, knowing that I at least exhausted this option.

I really just can't understand the whole "play a different game" crowd that attacks me for this suggestion.

God forbid someone wants to play through the storyline aspect of the game solo.

Anyways, it is what it is.

The highlighted word is why the term "ENTITLED" comes to mind. You want the devs to change the game to suit you.

Go find a single player game and you won't have to deal with other players, and we will not have to deal with you.

The highlighted word is why the term "ENTITLED" comes to mind. You want the devs to change the game to suit you.

Go find a single player game and you won't have to deal with other players, and we will not have to deal with you.

I used the word "my" because I would never assume that everyone else feels the same way I do.

Do I feel that this suggestion would make the game experience better? Absolutely yes, I do.

Do I feel that I'm somehow entitled to this change? No...that's why I'm simply suggesting it.

Anyways, that's the nature of a suggestion.

You find something you think would make the game better...and then you suggest it.

Then, either people agree with you...or they disagree with you.

It doesn't mean the person making the initial suggestion feels any sense of entitlement.

The way I look at it is...you already have instance 1 and instance 2 to choose from. (usually...and depending on the amount of players online)

This suggestion would add "your own" instance to choose from as well.

So while you are running through your storyline missions, you have the option use your own instance to "add immersion value" to your playthrough. This way you don't have to see all people and all the same companions running around, completing that exact same tasks you are.

In my opinion...things like that really hurt the immersion value of the game...and subsequently, the story overall.

Then, if you want to team up for heroics, or the world boss, or any other mission...you can simply go back to the orginal instances of the game. The general chat would be there for every instance of that planet, just like it is now...so you can team up whenever you would want to.

Also, this would change nothing for those who could care less about this suggestion. Your game experience would be exactly the same as it is now.

Immersion value? Last time I watched the Star Wars movies, there were multitudes of people in them. Why not be honest and at least admit that you don't want to have to worry about PVP, sharing nodes, or whatever reason it is you want to be the ONLY one in an instance?

Is it because you play on a PVP server and only want to PVP only when the odds are in your favor, but when you're not part of a large group out ganking, you want to be able to play in your own little instance so you don't have to worry about getting ganked? Is it because you don't want to share all those rare mobs or world bosses?

That is exactly what the OP wants.

I used the word "my" because I would never assume that everyone else feels the same way I do.

Anyways, that's the nature of a suggestion.

You find something you think would make the game better...and then you suggest it.

Then, either people agree with you...or they disagree with you.

It doesn't mean the person making the initial suggestion feels any sense of entitlement.

Don't bother trying to be rational with him. The suggestion box is where Ratajack likes to hang out, shooting down suggestions as "entitled" or "asking for a handout". He really doesn't understand the purpose of this sub-forum.

If your concern is story-immersion have you considered a RP server? Besides leaving General Chat I can't think of much else that would help you.

While I completely 100% understand (and agree!) with what you're saying I still like the MMO part of this RPG because there are large portions of the game that use 2-4 man heroics and FPs (and OPs) to progress the overall story.

To the detractors that add zero to this thread I would conversely say "If you want to play an MMO that isn't a story-based RPG then go play another game." :D

You are right...you do have the right to make any and all suggestions you want. Just do not be surprised when those suggestions go unrealized/ignored. And that's what rubs many the wrong way - most consider the suggestion absurd because an MMO is not intended to be a single player game. Yes, most current MMOs are single player friendly, but that in no way means that the developers intend the game to be played 100% solo all the time. That is an invalid assumption you (and others) make.