My PVP Wishlist

DkSharktooth

1. Tournament Server
  2. Spectator Mode
  3. /Surrender Option to end match early based on majority vote 6/8
  4. Vote to kick working on majority vote 6/8
  5. Combine the player base, leave factions for story. Gives teams a larger pool of players to choose from.
  6. Ranked Reconnect
  7. Cross Server
  8. Legendary Items with special effects
  9. BioWare sponsored or regulated tournaments/competitions [Ex: 8v8 or 4v4]
  10. Better Looking gear for high rating, better than cartel market stuff. No simple recolors (Example: WZ vs Ranked WZ Gear).
  11. Larger PVP maps with more DANGER obstacles [i.e. fire, knock-off areas, ect]
  12. More ways for PVPers to make money. Possibly craft rating specific prestigious armor skins
  13. Weapon Skins. Possibly tie in with legendary weapons.
  14. Guild or Team Tabbards / Ships / Crests / Symbols / Group Mounts
  15. Space pvp implemented with proper Matchmaking system, rewards / incentives, leaderboards and other essential features
  16. More frequent updates to pvp.
  17. Re-implementation of 8v8 with better incentives
  18. Voidstar: Swap the first doors with the second door area after you cross the bridge. This will allow for an area to knock off enemies. This should alleviate some stalemates that occur during the current first door in voidstar.
  19. Option to disable Warzone intro cutscenes...I'm tired of them.
  20. Cross faction / Legacy whisper re-enabled

...list not completed, but it's a start.

That's my PVP Wishlist. What's yours? Note: Feel free to repost if you desire the same features.

Edited by DkSharktooth

1. Tournament Server
  2. Spectator Mode
  3. /Surrender Option to end match early based on majority vote 6/8 - A surrendered game would have to not count for the daily/new weekly
  5. Combine the player base, leave factions for story. Gives teams a larger pool of players to choose from.
  6. Ranked Reconnect
  7. Cross Server - They have already said this is not being worked on
  8. Legendary Items with special effects - Elaborate please.
  9. BioWare sponsored or regulated tournaments/competitions
  10. Better Looking gear for high rating, better than cartel market stuff. No simple recolors (Example: WZ vs Ranked WZ Gear).
  11. Larger PVP maps with more obstacles
  12. More ways for PVPers to make money. Possibly craft rating specific prestigious armor skins
  14. Guild or Team Tabbards / Ships / Crests / Symbols

That's my PVP Wishlist. What's yours? Note: Feel free to repost if you desire the same features.

Aside from the ones I left comments on I can get behind all those. I would like to add:

- More HB maps.

- Valor to be relevant and become account/legacy wide. Armor shells, dyes and crystals for a moderate comm cost tied to your valor rank.

- More PTS testing for class balance. In my opinion they should constantly be trying out tweaks on the PTS to see what works and what doesn't.

- More PvP missions. Missions that have to do more with objectives during the matches. For an example:

Complete any 10 objectives. An objective consists of the following:

• Score a goal in Huttball
  • Cap a node in CW
  • Convert X bars in NC
  • Plant a bomb
  • Defuse a bomb
  • etc.

- Revamped scoreboard that shows WZ specific stats, Goals scored, passes completed/caught, meters towards goal moved with ball in HB. Caps made/interrupted, bomb plants/attempts. Things that actually show who was doing what. The normal scoreboard should still be available as a separate tab.

I don't like the idea of a surrender option. It seems to reduce PvP into a "the world owes me a win" activity, which kinda defeats the purpose. PvP is meant to be competitive, even if you do not win you can at least give the enemy team hell and make them work hard for their win. Defeatism is yucky.

seriously some teams like one I got assigned to on my imp once would surrender at first sign of trouble. Seriously that hypergates the enemy team is only like 3 points ahead of us, more than half go to our pylon and " defend" and just give up. That was retarded and I got less medals also because quite frankly its hard to stand alone against 6 or 7 guys hitting you at once for more than 1-2 seconds.

Could care less about gear looks, vote kicks and surrender but..........more complex maps w/ stretigic points provde stretigic points medals took/ held so stelth class picking off reinforcerse get credit for doing so.

hybrid pvp/pve wz faction support pve like the old Neverwinter nights pvp other games like this could be 2 4v4 race through a maze of pve/pvp trap switches blow up bridges so the loser has to slog though ata slower speed both 4v4 teams meat in a common area where the losing eam taks damage per seond think hypergate but its a dot till u get in mid winner activates and enters a ship lossers atay on the space station and well.....

eliminating factions in pvp would be a god send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just makes for better matches

seriously some teams like one I got assigned to on my imp once would surrender at first sign of trouble. Seriously that hypergates the enemy team is only like 3 points ahead of us, more than half go to our pylon and " defend" and just give up. That was retarded and I got less medals also because quite frankly its hard to stand alone against 6 or 7 guys hitting you at once for more than 1-2 seconds.

The best part of this in my opinion is even tho its 5 vs 1 somehow they need to stun me 3 times just to kill me. I mean really your DPS is that week you afraid 1 measly Balance Sage/Madness Sorc will kill all 5 of you if you dont chain stun me. Seriously it would be so funny to see how they would kill if biofail took away their stuns. I honestly think 60% of the people who PVP would not know what to do.

The Bastion / Jedi Covenant

Rellik / Syck'syyde

Jenna'syyde / Rázakel

1. Tournament Server
  2. Spectator Mode
  3. /Surrender Option to end match early based on majority vote 6/8
  6. Ranked Reconnect
  7. Cross Server
  8. Legendary Items with special effects
  9. Bioare sponsored or regulated tournaments/competitions
  11. Larger PVP maps with more obstacles
  14. Guild or Team Tabbards / Ships / Crests / Symbols / Group Mounts

/signed ... and rework those useless achievements!

Aside from the ones I left comments on I can get behind all those. I would like to add:

- More HB maps.

- Valor to be relevant and become account/legacy wide. Armor shells, dyes and crystals for a moderate comm cost tied to your valor rank.

- More PTS testing for class balance. In my opinion they should constantly be trying out tweaks on the PTS to see what works and what doesn't.

- More PvP missions. Missions that have to do more with objectives during the matches. For an example:

- Revamped scoreboard that shows WZ specific stats, Goals scored, passes completed/caught, meters towards goal moved with ball in HB. Caps made/interrupted, bomb plants/attempts. Things that actually show who was doing what. The normal scoreboard should still be available as a separate tab.

@"A surrendered game would have to not count for the daily/new weekly" - I disagree. Regular warzone players will not accept defeat FREQUENTLY enough to abuse the system to a serious extent. Maybe a warzone here and there, but most people will want to play the game to actually play it in my opinion. Maybe I haven't thought it through to the fullest extent in which a multi-boxer can have 6 players in the same warzone and make a surrender for a quick loss counting for the daily....but if it's a multi boxer you will probably lose anyway. Maybe there should be caps or limits to how much valor/comms you get if you surrender before a certain time limit, but that would be just to much extra work to code and it's not necessary when you can use the time to code something else needed.

@Valor Rank Legacy Wide - I disagree. Valor rank is meant to be an individual stat for the experience you have with that specific class.

I agree with these:

- More HB maps.

Edited by DkSharktooth

@"A surrendered game would have to not count for the daily/new weekly" - I disagree. Regular warzone players will not accept defeat FREQUENTLY enough to abuse the system to a serious extent. Maybe a warzone here and there, but most people will want to play the game to actually play it in my opinion. Maybe I haven't thought it through to the fullest extent in which a multi-boxer can have 6 players in the same warzone and make a surrender for a quick loss counting for the daily....but if it's a multi boxer you will probably lose anyway. Maybe there should be caps or limits to how much valor/comms you get if you surrender before a certain time limit, but that would be just to much extra work to code and it's not necessary when you can use the time to code something else needed.

@Valor Rank Legacy Wide - I disagree. Valor rank is meant to be an individual stat for the experience you have with that specific class.

I agree with these:

- More HB maps.

We don't know that yet because at present there is no way to end a WZ and garner any of the credit for it. If we had a surrender system I have no doubt in my mind some people would try to game it to finish the daily/weekly as fast as they could.

The best part of this in my opinion is even tho its 5 vs 1 somehow they need to stun me 3 times just to kill me.

Same idea here... The rest of my team will have given up and be defender camping... I want to try to do *something* to pass the time. So I'll pick one of the reds, and pull him out of their mob at "mid" and try to duel. But, no, here comes the ENTIRE rest of their team getting in on the "fun". (Although, it actually is awesome when I have another team mate that's still trying, and I can last long enough that he can go in and cap behind their backs while they are busy with me. :) )

1. [1]Tournament Server
    [2]Spectator Mode
    [3]/Surrender Option to end match early based on majority vote 6/8
    [4]Vote to kick working on majority vote 6/8
    [5]Combine the player base, leave factions for story. Gives teams a larger pool of players to choose from.
    [6]Ranked Reconnect
    [7]Cross Server
    [8]Legendary Items with special effects
    [9]BioWare sponsored or regulated tournaments/competitions [Ex: 8v8 or 4v4]
    [10]Better Looking gear for high rating, better than cartel market stuff. No simple recolors (Example: WZ vs Ranked WZ Gear).
    [11]Larger PVP maps with more obstacles
    [12]More ways for PVPers to make money. Possibly craft rating specific prestigious armor skins
    [13]Weapon Skins. Possibly tie in with legendary weapons.
    [14]Guild or Team Tabbards / Ships / Crests / Symbols / Group Mounts
    [15]Space pvp implemented with proper Matchmaking system, rewards / incentives, leaderboards and other essential features
    [16]Well thought out patches and more frequent updates to pvp.

1. Elaborate?

2. Sure why not, tho it shouldn't be on top of the priority list.

3. No, would cause too much problem.

4. Yes, absolutely.

5. No.

6. Yes.

7 YES.

8 Would be great, but there is far more important stuff then that.

9. Sure, why not.

10. Sure.

11. Yes!

12. Yes.

13. Like 8.

14. Like 8.0 Guild ships should already be in the game. :(

15. I'd love to see that but there is tons of content we need for PvP that are more important than that and this would take too much time.

16. Absolutely.

My personal wishes:

- more warzones with different gameplay type (Capture the flag, capture the base with a stand in area capture rather then clicking a console), etc.

- a planet (Kashyyk :p) with everything that the fleet as for PvP (terminals, vendors, GTN, mailboxes, banks, duel areas) with dailies/weeklies for the planet and multiple bases around the planet to go to and do world PvP only on that planet.

- Less grinding for stats, more grinding for good looking gear.

- more valor ranks