Aimed Shot Not Animating Correctly

Pilgrim_Grey

For the past couple of weeks or so (sorry I can't pin down which patch it was), Aimed Shot has had an animation issue. It normally fires red lasers from your pistols to the target. Lately, you point your guns at the target as usual and they are hit, but the red laser animation comes from the side, the ceiling, etc.: not from your guns.

I'm told this is happening for Snipers with Ambush as well, as per this thread.

This is happening to me as well, except the aimed shot animation is nowhere to be found, period, The motion happens with the sound, but the lasers are not appearing anywhere. Looks like I'm shooting blanks.

Sometimes I've seen the beams look truncated, like they can hit the target from any distance, 360 degrees around it. So that might be part of it, there.

I've seen it on regular hits, not just crits... I think it's just the overall animation (the animation itself doesn't change if you crit, I don't think).

Bump.

After playing more last night, I did notice the beams occasionally hitting the target from a different angle, like it was coming from the ceiling or to the side of me.

The ability never animated properly in the three hours I played last night. I restarted a couple of times and did a launcher repair as well.

Again, to be clear, Aimed Shot on the Smuggler/Gunslinger is not animating correctly. The beams either don't appear or come from a skewed direction.

Scratch that, paid more attention to it last night and it happens whenever Aimed Shot kills a target.

It's really whenever it fires. I'm not always paying 100% attention in PVP to what the beams are doing, but they never come from your pistol, etc. anymore. The direction is random.

So, Eric, or someone, can we get this put in the bug list?

Hm, I may have to take another look, but I'm fairly sure it's animating properly on the training dummy at least.

I don't know about the training dummies, since I hardly ever use them. But it happens for me whenever I shoot a player target (whether it was dying or a Juggernaut using Saber Reflect and sending some damage back at me :( ). I'll have to doublecheck my PVE.

Okay, so I went back and tested it on my ship training dummy (Smuggler ship). Every time, my Aimed Shot would fire from the cargo hold.

My hypothesis is that the game mistakes the nearest non-enemy or non-ally object and treats it as if it were the player, but it's still speculation at this point. It was 100% consistent on my ship however, so I'm reasonably confident that it's something along those lines.

Okay, so I went back and tested it on my ship training dummy (Smuggler ship). Every time, my Aimed Shot would fire from the cargo hold.

My hypothesis is that the game mistakes the nearest non-enemy or non-ally object and treats it as if it were the player, but it's still speculation at this point. It was 100% consistent on my ship however, so I'm reasonably confident that it's something along those lines.

I'd have to look more closely to be sure, but it seems totally random. I'm quite sure there were times where I had teammates near a target and the shot looked like it was coming from the Huttball ceiling. Though given how consistent this problem is, the devs SHOULDN'T have any issues finding it. If they're even noticing all the people bugging it, anyway. :(

I don't believe it's completely random, I fired over 20 Aimed Shots at the dummy and literally every single one would originate from the Cargo Hold. But yeah, it's probably not too hard for them to spot once the bug has been acknowledged... hopefully anyway. Though in my experience, the oddest things can happen when modifying something (seemingly) completely unrelated. Edited by Gondolindhrim

started playing my gunslinger again and can confirm, 'aimed shot' does fire from the side of the screen to the target and not from the pistols.

also, have noticed that sometimes it will not animate at all. this is on Voss though will check what happens on the training dummies later today.

Edited by magecutter

started playing my gunslinger again and can confirm, 'aimed shot' does fire from the side of the screen to the target and not from the pistols.

also, have noticed that sometimes it will not animate at all. this is on Voss though will check what happens on the training dummies later today.

Same here. Tried it on my targeting dummy and it wasn't showing up at all. Not even from the cargo hold as stated previously.

Any chance we can get this added to the bug list?

I can confirm this bug.

Played my smuggler over the weekend a lot and every time Aimed Shot was fired, the lasers came from the left side of the character.

I have the Percussive Shot and Sharp Aim talents.