Achievement Bug: Jindo Krey

ZeridanShear

Currently the achievement in BOTH Story Mode and Hard Mode is bugged for this boss. I have tried it, over the past month, three different times each on three different toons in an attempt to at least complete the first achievement (as it counts towards several larger over-arching achievements). However, it does not work.

Please, it's pointless to do these FPs for achievements if this guy doesn't count each and every time. Fix him!

• 1 month later...
Same issue here, I've completed the FP once (at least) on an Imperial character and once on a Republic character. Neither time counted toward the Jindo Krey achievement, but all other bosses counted toward their respective achievements. Both times were reported in-game as well.

I, on the other hand, haven't had a problem with earning achievements for this flashpoint. I've completed SM a few times over the last two months and just finished HM, all of which gave me the achievements for Jindo Krey. There are two things that I can think of:

1) In my case, I soloed both SM and HM, entering manually from Ilum and not using Group Finder, which could be a possibility. Were both of you using GF to run the flashpoint? My HM counter for Krey has one less than the other bosses and this may be because I ran HM through GF once recently, because I'm pretty sure it updated properly when I soloed it for the first time post 2.0.

2) Jindo Krey's support ship, at some point before 2.0, was bugged where the ship did way more damage than it should have. I usually down Krey before the turrent destroys the ship (since I'm the only one clicking and it's faster to attack Krey while the ship is shooting missiles at me, as he doesn't go immune, at least until the damage gets too high). Are you killing Krey or the ship first?

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

• Dev Post

Hello there!

We've been watching your reports with regards Achievements related to Jindo Krey, and we would like your help with additional information.

First of all, I want to clarify: Upon completing the Flashpoint, and specifically Jindo, you're not seeing any progress towards the Achievement's required 5 kills of the boss? We want to be certain that you're not expecting the Achievement to be granted without defeating him 5 times!

Also, it may be helpful for us to collect instances for any players who have completed the Achievement!

If you're having issues (or if you would like to contribute information upon having completed Achievement) with the Achievement for The Flase Emperor's Jindo Krey please provide as many details as you can! Here are are few things to consider, but don't hesitate to provide additional details as needed:

What Classes are not getting credit?

Story Mode or Hard Mode?

Are you the Group Leader?

Are other members of your group seeing the Achievement progress?

Thanks for the details as we continue to research this.

Hello there!

We've been watching your reports with regards Achievements related to Jindo Krey, and we would like your help with additional information.

First of all, I want to clarify: Upon completing the Flashpoint, and specifically Jindo, you're not seeing any progress towards the Achievement's required 5 kills of the boss? We want to be certain that you're not expecting the Achievement to be granted without defeating him 5 times!

Also, it may be helpful for us to collect instances for any players who have completed the Achievement!

If you're having issues (or if you would like to contribute information upon having completed Achievement) with the Achievement for The Flase Emperor's Jindo Krey please provide as many details as you can! Here are are few things to consider, but don't hesitate to provide additional details as needed:

Story Mode or Hard Mode?

Im an achievment "Hunter" myself and i can tell you exactly what is wrong iwth jindo krey's achievmeent and why some people have it and some dont

When you use the turrets in that fight to destroy the ship jindo gets a sheild that absorbs all damage right? and once you do enough damage that shield breaks and does about 10% of his HP

Now if that shield break (wich does a bunch of damage to him) is the killing blow you wont get an achievmenet count

Why? well in game most achievemnets by default require the killing blow to be from a party member (hence why Revan was bugged for so long..you never actually killed him)

Work-around is to dont let the shield be the killing blow and dont use turrets if hes under 10% hp

Hello there!

I know that I don't get in on my Guardian and my Friend didn't get it on his Vanguard. I think every class is affected.

Story Mode or Hard Mode?

Story Mode

No but the Group Leader didn't got it too.

No nobody is seeing any progress.

It's not only the kill him 5 times it's also the kill him 1 time that is affected. It is like that since 2.2 or so.

Edited by Nostroo

Now if that shield break (wich does a bunch of damage to him) is the killing blow you wont get an achievmenet count

Why? well in game most achievemnets by default require the killing blow to be from a party member (hence why Revan was bugged for so long..you never actually killed him)

Work-around is to dont let the shield be the killing blow and dont use turrets if hes under 10% hp

I've experienced this bug while soloing The False Emperor on my Assassin in story mode, and the above explanation seems very plausible. My first time through, Krey went down but I didn't get the achievement; however, on my second run, it did pop when he died. I didn't notice what specifically I did different at the time, but now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I made a point not to bother with the turret when he was under 50%.

Im an achievment "Hunter" myself and i can tell you exactly what is wrong iwth jindo krey's achievmeent and why some people have it and some dont

When you use the turrets in that fight to destroy the ship jindo gets a sheild that absorbs all damage right? and once you do enough damage that shield breaks and does about 10% of his HP

This was my theory as to why the achievement for the Rogue Cartel Warbot on Quesh wasn't working properly, as well, with most people not getting it but some people reporting that they did. At low health it self-destructs, so if you're soloing it or in a small group, the chances of being able to do enough damage to kill it before it self-destructs are very low, whereas if you're in, say, a 16-man group of 55's it should be no problem.

This was my theory as to why the achievement for the Rogue Cartel Warbot on Quesh wasn't working properly, as well, with most people not getting it but some people reporting that they did. At low health it self-destructs, so if you're soloing it or in a small group, the chances of being able to do enough damage to kill it before it self-destructs are very low, whereas if you're in, say, a 16-man group of 55's it should be no problem.

Yup this is exactly the reason why

Theres a few achievements that are "bugged" in this way as well

On Czerka Core meltdown: Defeat Enhanced Vrbither (the dot can kill it so it can get bugged on both SM & HM)

On Kaon Under Siege: Defeat the Rakghoul behemoth (same thing the dot can kill it)

Oh wow, so this is why the one time I killed him it didn't register in the achievements. I didn't even know about the self-destruct thing. We three-manned it with two of us being 55 and the other in his 30s or 40s, I believe.

Also, thanks to the person for pointing out Jindo's shield thing. I didn't even know it existed because I only ever used the turret once, which was the other night when duoing with a friend and I wanted to try it out but I thought the turret was pretty much crap so I just went back to fighting Jindo instead.

Hello there!

Story Mode or Hard Mode?

I can confirm what previous posters have said, it appears that it is the shield. Never noticed it before, but it says that if you do enough damage, the shield will overload and damage him. I just went in and soloed him (Story Mode, L55 Vanguard), and did not get the achievement yet again. However, I noticed that his shield went up at 10%, and when I hit the shield enough, he died (presumably the shield killed him, so I did not get credit, or the achievement).

And to confirm even more...

I just went back in, and instead of using the turret to reset the missile lock near the end (since that's what gives him the shield), I just used my Heroic Moment and took the 400% beating. Got the achievement when I killed him that time. Same setup, L55 Vanguard, soloing Story Mode.

I've done SM FE a few more times since I last posted in this thread, and have had no problems getting my achievement counter to go up for Jindo Krey. I always kill it the same way, just ignoring the ship, so I never get the immunity shield/self damage issue.

I think the general hypothesis given by folks here is correct in that if the player is not giving the killing blow, then they are not credited with the achievement, seeing as we've had trouble with Revan, the Quesh WB, the Rakghoul Behemoth, and now this.