Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How come I don't get any perks for being famous in-game?

VaceDemon

Good morning everyone,

By now I'm sure you're all well aware that I am Sir Marty the Magnificent of Prophecy of the Five. I'm the guildmaster of the professional gamers-only guild <Gaming Legends>, and am the most famous player on my server and probably in all of The Old Republic.

What does that get me though? Absolutely nothing. It gets me nothing, so I'm coming here to ask... why is that?

You see it all the time in real life. A-list celebrities getting all the perks... you see them sitting in the front rows at major sporting events, getting a slap on the wrist for breaking the law, being able to cut lines just about anywhere, etc.

What do I get for being famous in one of the most famous MMOs? I still have to wait in queues like normal gamers. I still have to take slow taxis to where I want to go. I still have to sell on the GTN to make credits.

BioWare, when will you start rewarding your famous players? I bring more to my server than the normal gamer and I feel it's about time I start getting rewarded for it.

Sir Marty the Magnificent,

Gaming Legend

Wait, I thought Copperfield was the most famous GL on Pot5. Anywho, Dominion's (imp side) Thor conversations are definitely more famous than any of the Gaming Legends. I mean most of the time, whenever the GL's pop up, it's "STOP RUINING MY IMMERSION!" "APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW!" The schtick is a little old, and pretty much isn't funny anymore. I would suggest going back to the drawing board for some more material.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I thought Copperfield was the most famous GL on Pot5. Anywho, Dominion's (imp side) Thor conversations are definitely more famous than any of the Gaming Legends. I mean most of the time, whenever the GL's pop up, it's "STOP RUINING MY IMMERSION!" "APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW!" The schtick is a little old, and pretty much isn't funny anymore. I would suggest going back to the drawing board for some more material.

Dominion is a terrible troll. He got banned from these forums, but not Sir Marty. Neither did Sir Copperfield. I think he should take some notes from these two. ;)

If you have to tell people how famous you are, you aren't that famous.

Oh he is a diva that sings up an opera about how amazing he is. Right up until The Grand Nagus of the opera appears.

Then it's all swift retribution and apple pie hostage taking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.