Inactive characters question

DonRokia

I will be gone for about 5 months and had questions concerning what will happen while I'm gone. Keep in mind, I am a subscriber and will continue to pay the monthly sub.

- If I don't login as my characters within 4-5 months, will my characters become "inactive" ?

I'm assuming that if they become inactive, there's a chance I will have to rename them.

Why are you going to keep paying if you know you won't login or use the forums? They will keep your character's inventories and levels and names for 5 months without deleting them. I went over a year.

There's a few reasons I'm going to continue paying, being wealthy is one of them. But there is a chance I will be able to log in around the holidays. Also, great to know that I won't lose my names :D

Why are you going to keep paying if you know you won't login or use the forums? They will keep your character's inventories and levels and names for 5 months without deleting them. I went over a year.

I had stopped playing the game during its first summer due to the drought in content and my guild falling apart. I kept subbing though due to the hope over the whole f2p conversion and said perks for staying subbed. Getting the complimentary cartel coins is always good along with any other appreciation perks Bioware churns out. So I can get why one would stop playing the game and still sub. Undeniably a waste of money, but if you got disposable income it isn't an issue.

As for the OP's question your characters won't be touched. Server migrations would be the only thing that might affect them, but that's only if they happen which they probably won't.

There's a few reasons I'm going to continue paying, being wealthy is one of them. But there is a chance I will be able to log in around the holidays. Also, great to know that I won't lose my names :D

It's weird, but your money. Even if you pull your payment method info off of the account portion of the site, you would still be a preferred player and can log in any time to chat, kill things, etc. Taking that long of a break knowing I couldn't play would make me pull my info.

It's weird, but your money. Even if you pull your payment method info off of the account portion of the site, you would still be a preferred player and can log in any time to chat, kill things, etc. Taking that long of a break knowing I couldn't play would make me pull my info.

Well, it's just $15 for a few months that he'd probably be paying if he weren't going away.

And besides, what if he missed out on some promo/gift/whateverthingy while he was gone? This way he still gets it and doesn't have to worry about flaming CS and BW in general when they don't give it to them. :t_wink:

Just think of the pleasant surprise he'll have when he logs in and had like 2500 or so extra cartel coins.

Just think of the pleasant surprise he'll have when he logs in and had like 2500 or so extra cartel coins.

But think about how many cartel coins you buy directly with $75. You should end up with triple that. Not to mention the tentative tense where he might not log in at the end of that period and it may go longer.

Pretty much all businesses want you to pay and not use the service, like any savings club card or even the 6 month subs you can pre-pay. If he knows he won't use the service, I'm just surprised that he doesn't want to put that money in his pocket. I'd buy a couple restaurant meals personally.

Edited by ImpactHound

But think about how many cartel coins you buy directly with $75. You should end up with triple that. Not to mention the tentative tense where he might not log in at the end of that period and it may go longer.

Pretty much all businesses want you to pay and not use the service, like any savings club card or even the 6 month subs you can pre-pay. If he knows he won't use the service, I'm just surprised that he doesn't want to put that money in his pocket. I'd buy a couple restaurant meals personally.

I totally agree, I was just being Pollyanna'ish. .

I will be gone for about 5 months and had questions concerning what will happen while I'm gone. Keep in mind, I am a subscriber and will continue to pay the monthly sub.

- If I don't login as my characters within 4-5 months, will my characters become "inactive" ?

I'm assuming that if they become inactive, there's a chance I will have to rename them.

Absolutely nothing will happen to your character.

Nothing.

At all.

Period.

F'. period.

:mad:

Oh, sorry. I got carried away there. I was just reminded of the time I lost all of my character names during the forced server merges and the people who I lost the names to have never once logged into the game (that i've seen). Old wound, never got over it :)

But anyways, no worries dude. Nothing is going to happen to your character names.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi