CZ-198 unplayable after today's patch

Caratuvis

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue seems to be related to Frames Per Second. I usually play CZ-198 @ 60-70 FPS but after the recent patch it is down to 20 FPS or lower.

It also does not appear to tax my GPU at all while on CZ-198 as it is running at idle temperatures and only at 20% load (I'm watching Netflix at the same time on another monitor so that explains that).

CPU: FX-6300 (clocked @ 4.1GHz)

GPU: GTX 660 (clocked at @ 1100MHz)

RAM: 8GB 1866MHz

SSD: Samsung 840 120GB

Running the game in seamless windowed mode.

When noticed, there were 11 people in my instance on CZ-198.

Edited by Kickimanjaro

Yep, same problem here. Was only 24 people in my CZ-198 instance but the lag was huge, textures took forever to load and FPS dropped to almost zero. Also the screen was *constantly* shaking massively, even when stood at the GTN terminal area. I assumed this was from a Sage using Forcequake elsewhere in the zone, but perhaps it's some other bug? Anyway, CZ-198 is a mess right now, seems badly broken.

The framerate drop is a side effect of everybody knowing everything about every other player in the zone without regard to distance. I'm getting on-screen feedback from force quakes happening in the common area even though I am on the Empire side and standing at the drop point.

I just verified I'm seeing area effect feedback from things happening around CZ-198 from INSIDE the CZ-198 instance, Waste Disposal. That's a new one as I've never seen feedback from things happening outside instances while I was inside an instance.

I am also seeing emote text from all over CZ-198. Again, it looks like any sort of distance-related awareness filtering has been disabled or become broken for CZ-198.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

As title says. Now for whatever change was done, not included in patch notes, the performance in the CZ-198 area for me is between 12 and 15 fps. I have a Quad Core at 4.8GHZ and two Nvidia GTX580's in SLI. There is no reason for this poor performance. I do dailies in CZ-198 area every day. Now suddenly it is broken. I am not the only one having this issue, as evidence by the global chat of people in the area.

Fix it please.

:mad:

Just finished up CZ and yeah, it is what can best be described as choppy. It's passable but certainly not what I want in a dailies area.

OP thanks for posting, yes there is already something on this elsewhere (and I'm glad to see the devs responded), but had you not brought this up here, I would have chalked up one of those "lag" quirks and moved on.

Again, for me, the issue seems to be CZ and only CZ that shows a significant fps drop off.

Thank you for posting! Please continue to provide details around what you're seeing for performance or other related issues in CZ-198 after 2.3.3. We are currently investigating.

:ph_cheers:

First, sorry for bad english as it is not my native language!

Please this is the random answer to anything, I am sorry to say so but it is ****** coming with something like this, why can't you guys just explain that it is impossible for you guys to actually fix the game and enhance it because you fired all the people working on the basics on the game as it is.

It is certainly not the way ahead... the company I work for myself have a motto 'Exceeding expectations' and that is what we do and that is why we keep having good customers, and that is why customers return for more because of good service and performance getting the orders out and arrival on time.

To be honest, this is handled quite unprofessional the entire thing is, you guys can play the game yes... but only when you have been doing your job properly and actually concern yourself about the product you guys are trying to sell and earn a buck on as well.

CPU: 2011 Intel Hexa (6 cores & 12 threads) Core 3.2Ghz. 12mb Cache ( around 5K when it is clocking up)

GPU: Nvidia 690 GTX 4GB Dual GPU card

HDD: 240 GB Intel 520 SSD

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth x79

Ram: 16GB Kingston Quad channel @ 1866

Edited by SBR_QuorTek

BW already knows about it. Please at least search the Dev Tracker before posting something like this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6761313#edit6761313

Well Mr Pedant, that Dev Tracker post you linked happens to be in THIS thread just a few entries above yours, so what is your point exactly?

We're reporting a bug in the Bug Reports forum, in a thread relevant to the bug at hand. If it wasn't for those posting about this bug how would Bioware know about it exactly?

Well Mr Pedant, that Dev Tracker post you linked happens to be in THIS thread just a few entries above yours, so what is your point exactly?

We're reporting a bug in the Bug Reports forum, in a thread relevant to the bug at hand. If it wasn't for those posting about this bug how would Bioware know about it exactly?

It seems like CS merged another thread from General Discussion into this thread; that's why the posts are slightly irritating when reading them now.

Anyway, let's keep the discussion focused on the bug.

Edited by Jerba