So I'm getting... nothing?

Mahriman

Would be nice to get the extra coins. But I don't think most folks care...I think they are just happy to see the expansion FINALLY getting offered for free to subs like it should have been from the beginning.

That is, after all, what they inferred on more than one occasion.

I also think the speeder and droid reward for subs on 9/20 demonstrates a good amount of appreciation.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no mistake.

Those folks who purchased just before the cut off date are perfectly right to feel they are owed something too.

In reality however there HAS to be a cut off date and no matter when its set a few people would get the rough end of the stick. Thats just how life works and being able to deal with a mild disappointment such as that (lets be honest its £5 we are talking about here) is all part and parcel of being a grown up imo.

Driz

But here is the point: NO ONE is "owed" anything. If you bought the expansion, then you got exactly what you paid for. Whether you bought it a year ago or a month ago doesnt change that fact. But if you want to arbitrarily say one person is "owed" compensation, but another is not, then you have created a problem for yourself. This is a problem of Bioware's own making because they did not owe ANYONE anything.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

But here is the point: NO ONE is "owed" anything. If you bought the expansion, then you got exactly what you paid for. Whether you bought it a year ago or a month ago doesnt change that fact. But if you want to arbitrarily say one person is "owed" compensation, but another is not, then you have created a problem for yourself. This is a problem of Bioware's own making because they did not owe ANYONE anything.

There is nothing arbitrary about it. Whether you bought it a month ago or 5 months ago (it wasn't available a year ago) DOES CHANGE THE FACT. People who bought the expansion within a month before it went free didn't really have much time to experience the expansion, so as a good will PR gesture they were given Cartel Coins.

Now the entitled minority who thinks no one should get something they don't even if there are different circumstances have come rampaging in here with their Enrage Timers triggered and demanding their unfair share.

People who bought the expansion within a month before it went free didn't really have much time to experience the expansion,

That would only matter if the expansion were being removed from the game. But its not. Just because the expansion is being made free now doesnt stop them from being able to play it.

so as a good will PR gesture they were given Cartel Coins.

And giving anyone who had purchased it cartel coins would ALSO be a good PR gesture. They certainly dont have to, just like they didnt have to offer ANYONE cartel coins. But if you are worried about good PR gestures, then that would certainly be one.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Lol, its not about the money I paid, Its about the fact that all those who already have it will get nothing, maybe some very useless title. I dont need titles. I want to be treated as all subs should...fair.

What's fair in this situation is recent purchases getting their purchase defacto reimbursed cos taking their money and making it free so soon after would skirt the boundaries fraud.

As an active sub you get a title, a pet and a mount.

How's this not "fair"? Because someone gets more than you? That's not fairness that's greed Gordon Gekko.

BW did the right thing by giving the recent purchases their moneys worth in cartel coins. But their PR department needs a kick up the arse for not making it clear it's a "sry we took your cash and then made it free" and not "sub appreciation" BS.

Edited by aeterno

Um...you got the content for SIX months.

The CC are just a refund for people who bought it in the last month before they decided to make it free. This decision and the large increase in PR for the game this week most likely means a new xpac or content soon.

That argument would make sense had they at rothc launch have said wait a while and it would be free csince they never offered it i can honestly say something they didnt offer is not a perk

Extreme? How much depreciation can you have on $10? If they had knocked it back to $5 then people would complain about nickle-and-diming and why not just make it free?

This makes perfect sense. They had achieved maximum sell rate for RotHC and it now made sense to offer it free to entice more subscribers. Most people are NOT going to wait x months for something in hopes that it will inevitably, eventually be free.

For me 100% depreciation on online content in the space of 2 weeks is kind of extreme, but like they said its NOT a big deal. I do however agree that it is a strange message to send to your customers, and I am obviously not the only one who thinks so. Why else have all these threads suddenly started popping up. ;)

Edited by AnKhor

For me 100% depreciation on online content in the space of 2 weeks is kind of extreme, but like they said its NOT a big deal. I do however agree that it is a strange message to send to your customers, and I am obviously not the only one who thinks so. Why else have all these threads suddenly started popping up. ;)

It has the same "value" as it did at launch for anyone newly acquiring the content. The "price" changed.

Value and price are two different things entirely. The value is in the content play, not the price. What has happened to consumers in the modern era? :confused:

Edited by Andryah

It has the same "value" as it did at launch for anyone newly acquiring the content. The "price" changed.

Value and price are two different things entirely. The value is in the content play, not the price.

OK... Semantics is always fun, but the point remains the same. :D

Edited by AnKhor

That would only matter if the expansion were being removed from the game. But its not. Just because the expansion is being made free now doesnt stop them from being able to play it.

You're completely wrong here. I don't even comprehend how you can't understand this very simple point. It matters because they didn't get a chance to experience the full value of their purchase before it was given away free.

And giving anyone who had purchased it cartel coins would ALSO be a good PR gesture. They certainly dont have to, just like they didnt have to offer ANYONE cartel coins. But if you are worried about good PR gestures, then that would certainly be one.

Giving away free things all the time would be a great PR gesture. Why not just make the full game available to EVERYONE for free, no restrictions? That would be a GREAT PR gesture! But it has as little bearing on this point as your concept here. Just because they compensate a deserving group of people doesn't mean they automatically have to (or even SHOULD) compensate EVERYBODY.

It's hardly a "strange" message. It's actually a GREAT message - that people who bought late won't have to feel like they didn't get their money's worth.

And believe me, this depreciation didn't happen in 2 weeks. This was planned out - they just waited to see when sales would plateau (as with most games and digital offerings there is a huge initial spike) and then determined when the tipping point would occur where they could get more subscribers for offering it for free (or getting people to resubscribe) versus $$ gained from selling the mini-expansion itself.

It makes perfect sense. Late adopters weren't rewarded, they were un-punished for their late purchase on the heels of the product being offered for free. It's good customer service.

However, only bad, entitled customers (the ones making these threads and qq'ing so hard) who have had ample time to get their measely $10 worth of entertainment would think they somehow deserved something extra just because another group was getting such.

You're completely wrong here. I don't even comprehend how you can't understand this very simple point. It matters because they didn't get a chance to experience the full value of their purchase before it was given away free.

The value of their purchase is in the gameplay itself, which isnt going anywhere. Regardless of when they purchased the expansion, they will always be able to play the content they paid for.

Giving away free things all the time would be a great PR gesture. Why not just make the full game available to EVERYONE for free, no restrictions? That would be a GREAT PR gesture! But it has as little bearing on this point as your concept here.

Your right, that has nothing to do with anything we are talking about.

Just because they compensate a deserving group of people doesn't mean they automatically have to (or even SHOULD) compensate EVERYBODY.

You were the one who brought up good PR gestures, not me. And my point is that if you think it is a good PR gesture to give cartel coins to people who purchased the expansion now that it is becoming free, then extending that same offer to people who bought it longer ago is simply an extension of that same PR gesture.

The value of their purchase is in the gameplay itself, which isnt going anywhere. Regardless of when they purchased the expansion, they will always be able to play the content they paid for.

Now you're just being silly. They paid money but didn't get the opportunity to get their money's worth of play before it went free. So they were given "store credit" (cc's) to make up for that. There isn't even an argument to this.

You were the one who brought up good PR gestures, not me. And my point is that if you think it is a good PR gesture to give cartel coins to people who purchased the expansion now that it is becoming free, then extending that same offer to people who bought it longer ago is simply an extension of that same PR gesture.

OK. You're just ignoring logic and intelligence now and parroting your previous comments, even though they have been successfully refuted. Your replies have devolved into simple trolling. If you want to have a conversation, super. But I'm not going to feed the trolls. Done. <drops mic>

It's hardly a "strange" message. It's actually a GREAT message - that people who bought late won't have to feel like they didn't get their money's worth.

And believe me, this depreciation didn't happen in 2 weeks. This was planned out - they just waited to see when sales would plateau (as with most games and digital offerings there is a huge initial spike) and then determined when the tipping point would occur where they could get more subscribers for offering it for free (or getting people to resubscribe) versus $$ gained from selling the mini-expansion itself.

It makes perfect sense. Late adopters weren't rewarded, they were un-punished for their late purchase on the heels of the product being offered for free. It's good customer service.

However, only bad, entitled customers (the ones making these threads and qq'ing so hard) who have had ample time to get their measely $10 worth of entertainment would think they somehow deserved something extra just because another group was getting such.

A good point well made, but just to make it clear i was not whining. I was just a bit bewildered by the offer. Next time I will finish reading the fine print before I come blundering in with my size 12's. lol

"Players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12, 2013 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase. Subscribers who purchased the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel in the last 30 days. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT."

There is the value (price:rak_02:) I was looking for.

Now you're just being silly. They paid money but didn't get the opportunity to get their money's worth of play before it went free. So they were given "store credit" (cc's) to make up for that. There isn't even an argument to this.

I understand what you are saying. But the expansion going free doesnt stop them from being able to play the content they paid for, does it? They paid for an expansion pack, and they got an expansion pack. They may not have played it yet, but they still have the freedom to do so any time they want. Whether Bioware decides to give that pack away free afterwards does not effect them being able to play what they paid for.

A crap title i didnt want is hardly appreciation. They should know ppl would prefer cartel coins to buy something they actually want. You can use one title at a time so its useless

They shouldn't know anything like that, since the community made sure to stress the idea that coins is not considered a suitable subscriber reward. And that sea of diatribe was much MUCH more populated than this one.

They shouldn't know anything like that, since the community made sure to stress the idea that coins is not considered a suitable subscriber reward. And that sea of diatribe was much MUCH more populated than this one.

So your saying they shouldnt have common sense. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize one size fits all is a horrible approach and giving ppl the option to do what they want is always preferable. Cartel coins are more suitable than a title while its not optimal its the best that the bioware invalids could do

So your saying they shouldnt have common sense.

No, Im saying exactly what I said. Unless of course the english language has changed in the last few hours....

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize one size fits all is a horrible approach and giving ppl the option to do what they want is always preferable.

I also doesn't take a rocket scientist to take into account the outrage over offering coins as appreciation to subs, as it was all over the forum not long ago. It seems that was not an option that was preferable to those folks.

Cartel coins are more suitable than a title while its not optimal its the best that the bioware invalids could do

Hmm.

I could deconstruct that entire sentence for it's plethora of errors, but instead Ill just say....shenanigans.

:rak_02:

No, Im saying exactly what I said. Unless of course the english language has changed in the last few hours....

I also doesn't take a rocket scientist to take into account the outrage over offering coins as appreciation to subs, as it was all over the forum not long ago. It seems that was not an option that was preferable to those folks.

Hmm.

I could deconstruct that entire sentence for it's plethora of errors, but instead Ill just say....shenanigans.

Yeah thanks so much cause i really dont think this is a grammar forum. Im sure if all those folks u were referring to knew their other option was a title theyd be happy with coins

:rak_02:

Yeah thanks so much cause i really dont think this is a grammar forum. Im sure if all those folks u were referring to knew their other option was a title theyd be happy with coins

Ok then.

At any rate, I don't agree with you....and it seems plenty of folks don't agree with you either.

Coins for all folks that bought the expansion will accomplish nothing IMO....things like the sub reward of a mount and pet will.

And that is just my opinion.

Ok then.

At any rate, I don't agree with you....and it seems plenty of folks don't agree with you either.

Coins for all folks that bought the expansion will accomplish nothing IMO....things like the sub reward of a mount and pet will.

And that is just my opinion.

Of course we dont agree i place value elsewhere and ive yet to get any rewards for my sub other than a pre order crystal sure your rewards sound nice if they would do them. And how would a title accomplish anything over coins. If i had coins i could buy what i wanted instead of being given something someone else wants. The most vocal whiners shouldnt dictate what everyone who arent spending their lives forum whining get. Just my opinion.