Cartel Market - Eric, will we now get no notice for new items?

CrazyMcGee

So, the CorSec Electrobaton is available on the Cartel Market.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I have seen, we had no patch notes to say it was coming. I don't know if it's time-limited or it's now here forever. There has been no official mention of it anywhere as far as I can tell, aside from it slipping into Collections a few weeks back.

Coming on the back of the time-limited dyes, that no one knew were time-limited, I wondered if this was deliberate or another mistake? Are we really just going to have to check the Cartel Market every single day to see if brand new items are being listed? And we won't know how long they will be available??

I kind of thought the idea was to sell these items to us, so wouldn't it be helpful if we knew they existed? There are probably many players who didn't notice the appearance in Collections - and may not notice it in Cartel Market because they won't be looking.

And for all I know, tomorrow it will be gone. It's not even on the front page (nor are the dyes, which are also back).

So, I'm honestly asking, is this deliberate? Is this how new items will now be introduced, with absolutely zero official mention of their existence? Fine, if they are supposed to be secret items to keep it exclusive and make us check Cartel Market a lot. But I wasn't convinced this was deliberate, so would love an official word on the strategy here please.

What I find interesting is that I have not seen it appear on the Cartel Market on Ebon Hawk yet. Granted I play late in the evening, though I just hopped on to check and see if it was there.

This leads me to three thoughts.

1. Ebon Hawk is suffering a CM bug (or my account is)

2. The item is on sale for a really small and narrow window and I just missed it.

3. The Dev team for the CM actually has the power to make items only appear on certain servers

I'm sure it's probably item 1 or 2. If anyone has seen it on Ebon Hawk, let me know. Definitely want one for my Juggernaut.

What I find interesting is that I have not seen it appear on the Cartel Market on Ebon Hawk yet. Granted I play late in the evening, though I just hopped on to check and see if it was there.

2. The item is on sale for a really small and narrow window and I just missed it.

3. The Dev team for the CM actually has the power to make items only appear on certain servers

I'm sure it's probably item 1 or 2. If anyone has seen it on Ebon Hawk, let me know. Definitely want one for my Juggernaut.

I believe all things from the CM will have a timer where they can't be sold for 48 hours or whatever it is. So, if it just appeared, that's probably the reason.

I believe all things from the CM will have a timer where they can't be sold for 48 hours or whatever it is. So, if it just appeared, that's probably the reason.

he's talking about buying it on the cartel market, not the GTN.

also i just checked on the shadowlands and don't see it there either.

Perhaps not a troll thread - but more a miss-worded one. Instead of CM it should be collections I think. I have not logged in this morning to verify this. However I did do an internet search for "CorSec Electrobaton" and the first thing that came up was this article at Darth Hater.

You can follow that article to this thread here on the SW:ToR forums as well.

Taken from that dev tracker as a statement from Eric:

...You may have noticed that aside from the Gree themed items returning to the store, that the items which are on sale sometimes changes as well. I recommend folks check the store every day to see what things are on sale. If we add any brand new items into the Market we will be sure to alert you, but the sales will be changing "on-the-fly."...Depending on how often things change, we may not put out messaging every single time. However, we are going to work on getting some messaging out on our official Twitter account when the sales change. Due to character limits we still probably wont mention exact details on what is on sale each time but we can let you know to log in and check quick to see! Still, don't entirely rely on that since we may not message it every time. The best option will always be to just open the store quick and check if your logged on.

Edited by desiianowor
Corrected some things

So, the CorSec Electrobaton is available on the Cartel Market.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I have seen, we had no patch notes to say it was coming. I don't know if it's time-limited or it's now here forever. There has been no official mention of it anywhere as far as I can tell, aside from it slipping into Collections a few weeks back.

Coming on the back of the time-limited dyes, that no one knew were time-limited, I wondered if this was deliberate or another mistake? Are we really just going to have to check the Cartel Market every single day to see if brand new items are being listed? And we won't know how long they will be available??

I kind of thought the idea was to sell these items to us, so wouldn't it be helpful if we knew they existed? There are probably many players who didn't notice the appearance in Collections - and may not notice it in Cartel Market because they won't be looking.

And for all I know, tomorrow it will be gone. It's not even on the front page (nor are the dyes, which are also back).

So, I'm honestly asking, is this deliberate? Is this how new items will now be introduced, with absolutely zero official mention of their existence? Fine, if they are supposed to be secret items to keep it exclusive and make us check Cartel Market a lot. But I wasn't convinced this was deliberate, so would love an official word on the strategy here please.

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is? If you are really into collecting every single thing that appears on the CM, you'll visit it frequently to see what's there to spend your money on. If you aren't, you won't. Why do you need a notice at all? Just go look.

Someone had another thought on this in another semi-related thread -- Harbinger was down and brought back up yesterday. Maybe they got an inadvertent update?

OP is not mistaking the CM for collections; the single dyes and baton were on Harbinger yesterday.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665127

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.