Guild Capital Ships - Ideas

DasOpossum

This is an idea list of Features I would like to see in combination with Guild CapitalShips:

Location of Capital Ship:

The GuildCapital Ship is located physically within the REP/IMP fleet and can be reached with the interfleet taxi.

Name your Guild Capital Ship:

The Guild master can give a unique name for the capital ship. This name is then displayed when using the interfleet taxi.

Rooms in the Capital Ship:

Hangar: available from beginning

Mission Deck: has to be unlocked via guild quests

Bridge: Available from beginning

Officer’s Meeting Room: has to be unlocked via guild quests

Crew Quarters: has to be unlocked via guild quests

Hangar for player ship: has to be unlocked

Further unlockable / availble features on the Guild Capital Ship:

Priority Travel Terminal to Daily Quest Areas: has to be unlocked.

Guild Bank and Character Bank Access: has to be unlocked

Repair Droid: available from beginning

Mailbox: available from beginning

Direct Mission Departure for Operations: have to be unlocked for each operation separately.

Quick Travel to your Guild Ship: has to be unlocked via Legacy and or character quest.

NPC Officers on guild ships: have to be unlocked via guild quests

The NPC officers:

At the beginning, the capital ship only has some NPC’s like crewmen and officers to fill the corridors with life. However, the more progress and quests the guild is doing, the more special crewmen/officers the guild can unlock. These officers do either offer special quests or dailies for the guild members, or they do give special features in certain situations.

Here comes an example list of unlockable officers for the guild’s capital ship (this is example for an imperial ship)

Captain Asimov Torno:

Captain Asimov Torno now appears on the bridge. He is an excellent navigator and strategic officer. He gives all guild members access to their player ships directly from the Guild Capital Ship. Means, the player ship hangars on capital ship are now accessable.

Doctor Paula Cresh

Doktor Paula Cresh appears near the crew quarters and cares about wounded crew members. She offers some stims and medi packs and grants all stims a guild member uses a 10 % longer duration.

R2-T2:

This small Repair droid appears at the main hangar of the capital ship and grants all guild members 15 % discount on ship repairs (if implemented with SSSP) and offers some special modifications for your space ship.

Mechanic Leelo Hitch

Leelo appears in the Main Hangar on the guild ship and grants access to the new advanced Tie Intruder, a unique Fighter for the Space combat game

Commander Reginald Dalan

He appears on the mission eck and hands out unique daily quests for all guild members. He has one quest for Section X, one for Czerka 198, one for Ilum and so on. So all guild members have the possibility to earn a lil more credits and a lil more reputation in the daily areas by having one more quest than guilds who do not have unlocked Commander Dalan.

Guild Quests:

As said previously the guild members may undertake special guild quests in order to unlock areas or NPCs on their guild capital ship. These quests will be given to the guild members from NPCs onboard of the guild ship or maybe by accessing a guild mission terminal onboard of the guild ship.

The quests are dailies and weeklies … for levels 15 to 55. Doing these quests will grant your guild kind of reputation for the guild capital ship. The higher the reputation on your own ship, the more things you can unlock. In some cases the guildmaster has to chose which feature he unlocks for his/her guild and maybe he has to pay something for that. A super secret space fighter will cost some credits for the guild to use. 

So, these were my ideas on how guild capital ships can work!

Hope you like them. go ahead an post yours.

Sorry for typos and bad english, am not native english speaker.

Edited by DasOpossum

I've played around with the idea of having the guild ship a phase zone of the fleets, but I ultimately thought that was the wrong route to go.

The reason why is because the phase is only unique once you're inside of it. However on the outside it will look the same to all other players.

This is why I don't believe that the guild ship should be apart of the fleet instance. Doing this allows you to do a few more things:

1. The ship can be moved and posted anywhere in the galaxy and accessible via your ship's navigator.

2. The ship's type and class can be changed and customized. (Meaning what kind of ship is your guild ship? Different guild ships can look completely different on the inside and outside depending on this choice.)

3. Non-guild players can be invited onto the ship.

1. Moving the ship around the galaxy gives it a bit of a more personal touch and makes it feel like it's something that actually belongs to you.

That being said, I do think that you should have the ability to attach it to your faction's fleet, however when using the travel taxi to get to it, it would work in sort of the same style as Makeb's taxis where the screen would black out and then come back when you're about to land.

I think that having the ability to move your ship around in the galaxy opens the game up for future possible content. Things like guild vs guild space battles if you happen across an enemy faction's ship in space. However I don't expect anything like that happening right out of the gate.

2. Having the ability to completely choose and customize your ship gives your guild something to work for. There can be a store where upgrades and entire new ships can be bought. Maybe even have the option to purchase star fighters to fill your hangars with or turrets to defend your ship with in any case of future space content.

3. Non-guild players can be given ship invites and allowed onto your guild's ship. This would be difficult to do if guild ships were merely a phased zone of the fleet instance.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames