Leap should not interrupt

alexsamma

Quoted for truth. It is FAR easier in this game to stay on a target as a melee class, than to keep distance as a ranged and be able to perform your role at the same time. This is especially true when I play my marauder. A deception assassin is an exception since they have no root or mobility protection as other classes do.

LMAO. This might have to do with the fact that very few ranged (non sniper) players know how to exploit their...yeah, range advantage? Why do you allow a melee class to get close to you and subsequently kill you anyway? It's because you don't care jack about positioning, and outta the gate your mission is to have the most up time w/o regard for your life, and then you cry OP.

Do not for one second expect to shoot your way to victory uncontested, from the comfort of 30m ; and pretend it's a hard task (you don't even have to move!) :cool:

Edit: Add to the fact that having 1-2 melee (tank/DD) players in your team, which is easy, ensures that you get that much less attention from the enemy.

Edited by Seengularity

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at the bolded.

Melee classes have more and better tools for staying in range than Ranged has for creating and maintaining space (other than snipers/gs).

Do not for one second pretend that Warriors/Knights have it hard in any way at all.

Strawman.

To continue, balance is delicate--adjust one thing and it can have unintended and far reaching impact. I think such a move as suggested by the OP would have a more significant consequence than simply making sages and commandos more viable in pvp.

Simply asking someone to consider the impact a proposed nerf would have on one class is NOT 'pretending that Warriors/Knights have it hard in any way at all', but it does speculate that the change could be more austere than it might at first appear.

I don't mind being wrong and if you can demonstrate it cogently I will acknowledge my error, but fallacious statements made to rebut my opinions will not solve anything.

Edited by Sappharan

LMAO. This might have to do with the fact that very few ranged (non sniper) players know how to exploit their...yeah, range advantage? Why do you allow a melee class to get close to you and subsequently kill you anyway? It's because you don't care jack about positioning, and outta the gate your mission is to have the most up time w/o regard for your life, and then you cry OP.

Do not for one second expect to shoot your way to victory uncontested, from the comfort of 30m ; and pretend it's a hard task (you don't even have to move!) :cool:

Edit: Add to the fact that having 1-2 melee (tank/DD) players in your team, which is easy, ensures that you get that much less attention from the enemy.

such a rubbish, as gunnery mando i have 30 m range, and leap is also 30 m range, i can be insta leaped anytime by any smash scrub. my only non channeled slow is electro net on a 90 sec cd and hold the line on 30 sec. if i'm out of cd's any melee can leap to me wihout any problem =) well i dont mind leap being a close gap, which is alone very powerfull against non sniper rdpsers, but wihout interrupt protection 2 smashers can interrupt me my opener (grav round) for eternity, and then i need to use another long cd ability just to start dpsing them. and i'm speaking here about arenas where u play only 4v4 wher eu just can't sit behind ur melee line hoping nobody will notice u are killing them :D

such a rubbish, as gunnery mando i have 30 m range, and leap is also 30 m range, i can be insta leaped anytime by any smash scrub. my only non channeled slow is electro net on a 90 sec cd and hold the line on 30 sec. if i'm out of cd's any melee can leap to me wihout any problem =) well i dont mind leap being a close gap, which is alone very powerfull against non sniper rdpsers, but wihout interrupt protection 2 smashers can interrupt me my opener (grav round) for eternity, and then i need to use another long cd ability just to start dpsing them. and i'm speaking here about arenas where u play only 4v4 wher eu just can't sit behind ur melee line hoping nobody will notice u are killing them :D

How many players do you expect to be able to play against successfully? I cannot 1v2 people unless they're making mistakes and/or if they're not geared as well as I am.

FWIW, I play Combat. I don't believe I have ever demanded or complained for a change to knockback, roots, stuns or yoinks so that my Precision Slash window is not wasted. Yes, I play Combat. You know, one of the two Sentinel specs that is not smash. You complain of your opener being wasted and you completely ignore what you're stating--that all leapers are smashers AND that you want (or seem to want) to fend off two at the same time.

and i'm speaking here about arenas where u play only 4v4 wher eu just can't sit behind ur melee line hoping nobody will notice u are killing them :D

Furthermore, you're implicitly demanding balance based solely upon arena conditions. So for any other pvp, regular warzones and world pvp we're to accept a nerf like this because of arena?

If I seem snarky at this point it's because you and so many others are lumping all Sentinels/Guardians into the Focus spec. I don't go for the easiest path to victory if I prefer to play something else. I prefer to play Combat and I have played it almost exclusively since 2.0. Prior to that I played a mix of Combat and Watchman.

Time to change it, leap does too much for warriors/knights:

Gap Closer - rage/focus builder - Interrupt - root - damage

Taking the interrupt away from warrior/knights would go a long way to helping both sage/sorc and commando/merc in pvp.

You know something, I only noticed people started to have a problem with that ability after sin/shadow tanks went bad along with powertechs. Same goes with the scoundrel/operative instant heal. Seriously that aside, I don't understand how a commando heals especially would be helped with the nerf of this ability, yeah a cast would be interrupted, not like there aren't lots of other ways to interrupt casts and the problem with commando heals definitely isn't the fact that they, like all other classes, can get their casts interupted. Plus sages for the moment are ok in terms of heals, so for them I really don't know how a nerf to the leap helps them besides being able to do that 1 extra cast. Someone explain to me, please, how, nerfing this ability, with all the other stuns that classes have, even the ones that can be used from 30 meters away and even 35 meters away, how this one ability, is that detrimental to pvp.

Strawman.

To continue, balance is delicate--adjust one thing and it can have unintended and far reaching impact. I think such a move as suggested by the OP would have a more significant consequence than simply making sages and commandos more viable in pvp.

Simply asking someone to consider the impact a proposed nerf would have on one class is NOT 'pretending that Warriors/Knights have it hard in any way at all', but it does speculate that the change could be more austere than it might at first appear.

I don't mind being wrong and if you can demonstrate it cogently I will acknowledge my error, but fallacious statements made to rebut my opinions will not solve anything.

My reply had nothing to do with the 'leap having interrupt' debate in this thread. It had a lot more to do with the "its the trade for being able to do so much damage from range" bit of your post.

Like I said, melee classes have more and better tools to get (and then stay within) range of their opponents. There is little room for complaining about the limitations of the Warrior/Knight classes

Yes, but that it much better than leap (interrupt) - interrupt - choke - push(interrupt) - leap (interrupt) - interrupt that is possible now.

Thats the reason EVERY class has talents+abilities that makes them immune to root, immune to interrupt, immune to be charged (cover).

To do the above sequence, 1 must be stupid enough and the only thing he does is trying to cast....

Have you seen many scoundrel healers to say "Oh no, i cant heal, i ll reroll class cause these leaps has so many interrupts and i cant heal anything!!"

Or maybe any slingers/snipers?

Vs them is more like : NO charge - walk - walk - walk - push (sorry immune) - choke (sorry immune) - knockbacked plus root plus dmg - death

If you wanna remove interrupt form leap, make it actually WORK vs gap closer ( no more cover or hinder crap )

Make it actually root, no more 30% speed running arround with immunity to movement impairment, so when u land after leap, the enemy has fled from hit range again...As for building rage, how about making us start every fight with full rage like sorcs/sins/pt/snipers and in general, ALL other classes. So we wont have to stay idle and watch if someone gank us from stealth and we have nothing to do but auto attack to get rage...

Like you havent whined about everything here, now you started whinning about leap...

Edited by unicornfive

Yes, but that it much better than leap (interrupt) - interrupt - choke - push(interrupt) - leap (interrupt) - interrupt that is possible now.

first of all resolve is affected by all of that and they become immune to stuns after the first few thanks to resolve. Also many classes got abilities against leaps, most noticeably cover. Also as for the force leap interrupt thing, its not the only gap closer that does that. Shield tech Powertechs get a grapple that with the skill tree can stun the target for several seconds. Seriously stop complaining about class abilities just because your class has been nerfed to the ground and you want to take everyone down with you so we can all fail in warzones and ops together!