lord vitiate vs darth vader

XSUPREMESKILLZX

"At the last possible instant, the emperor unleashed a wave of energy that swept revan off his feet and sent him flying backwards."

-Revan Novel

when revan looks back at the emperor, he notices that he hadn't even moved. also note that the emperor did this with little effort.

Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"At the last possible instant, the emperor unleashed a wave of energy that swept revan off his feet and sent him flying backwards."

-Revan Novel

when revan looks back at the emperor, he notices that he hadn't even moved. also note that the emperor did this with little effort.

Quite, but that is just one being who is far weaker than Vader. It's nice but Vader has done similar in a much bigger way as shown...

Here

He has also froze in place Jedi Knights/Masters as shown...

"You," he said, recognizing Zak and Tash. "You children seem determined to interfere in my affairs. I shall make sure that never happens again." Tash

and Zak both started to back away, but Vader held up one finger and they bothfroze, held in place by the power of the dark side

There and...

Here

I mean sure MAYBE that would catch Vader off guard the 1st time, but Vitiate was so far above Raven that was gonna happen. Here I don't see that happening....1 time? Maybe, that is if Vader hasn't killed him first.

Even if it does happen, next time wouldn't work as Vader would take note of this and be able to resist it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

yes, but he almost effortlessly blasts revan across the room. if he invests more energy into such an attack.... you do the math. and revan isn't as weak as you seem to believe, although i don't put him on par with vader. but that is another discussion. in the book, his command of the force is marveled at. Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

yes, but he almost effortlessly blasts revan across the room. if he invests more energy into such an attack.... you do the math. and revan isn't as weak as you seem to believe, although i don't put him on par with vader. but that is another discussion.

Never called Raven weak, just compared to Vitiate he was weak as it showed just there.

Do you have evidence of such? Because the HoT seemed to be able to withstand Vitiate's lighting.

While vitiate was severely weakened? and hero of tython being extremely powerful in his own right? his lightning is described as

"infinity more powerful than nyriss had ever been." Note that nyriss's lightning could easily char people to smoking husks, and revan easily blocked her charged lightning while in a drugged state, and failed to block vitiate's. He also easily overwhelms four of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy with it.

While vitiate was severely weakened? and hero of tython being extremely powerful in his own right? his lightning is described as

"infinity more powerful than nyriss had ever been." Note that nyriss's lightning could easily char people to smoking husks, and revan easily blocked her charged lightning while in a drugged state, and failed to block vitiate's. He also easily overwhelms four of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy with it.

Was meaning on that Jedi Strike team bit on Ch 2, oh that one Jedi Master also resisted for a bit. Yeah...HoT was powerful and Vader is far more powerful than the HoT.

Anyway...though considering I can't recall any other Lighting, I guess Vitiate's is powerful. Though given the HoT(before his prime I might add) and that one Jedi Master whose name escapes me, can defend against it I am pretty positive that Vader would be able to do so aswell.

Anyhow shall take my leave for the night.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The Jedi that attacked the Emperor's Space Station were not the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Only half of that team had any real skill, the others would be considered useless.

We should also remember that Vitiate was on a very powerful Dark Side nexus. A nexus that Master Yoda wouldn't even go near because of its power. So Vitiate's displays may need to be scrutinized.

Edited by Aurbere

Was meaning on that Jedi Strike team bit on Ch 2, oh that one Jedi Master also resisted for a bit. Yeah...HoT was powerful and Vader is far more powerful than the HoT.

Anyway...though considering I can't recall any other Lighting, I guess Vitiate's is powerful. Though given the HoT(before his prime I might add) and that one Jedi Master whose name escapes me, can defend against it I am pretty positive that Vader would be able to do so aswell.

the canonical description of that event is that he easily overwhelms the strike team. It also talks about how:

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen. (SWTOR: Codex Entry)

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed. (SWTORE, Page 89)

The Jedi that attacked the Emperor's Space Station were not the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Only half of that team had any real skill, the others would be considered useless.

We should also remember that Vitiate was on a very powerful Dark Side nexus. A nexus that Master Yoda wouldn't even go near because of its power. So Vitiate's displays may need to be scrutinized.

they were all considered some of the strongest and most resolute. also, lol, nyriss was also on the nexus as well, so if revan could easily block that in a drugged state, and get overwhelmed by vitiate's...

also, does that mean you'd think of revan/HoT more highly due to being able to go to the planet and kick ***?

they were all considered some of the strongest and most resolute. also, lol, nyriss was also on the nexus as well, so if revan could easily block that in a drugged state, and get overwhelmed by vitiate's...

also, does that mean you'd think of revan/HoT more highly due to being able to go to the planet and kick ***?

Because of Revan's "condition" we (the community here) don't believe that Revan was affected by it.

The HoT is an unknown case, and cannot be explained until proper documentation is made.

Because of Revan's "condition" we (the community here) don't believe that Revan was affected by it.

The HoT is an unknown case, and cannot be explained until proper documentation is made.

isnt the HoT canonically light, as revan describes the HoT as the "avatar of light" meant to combat the emperor, the supreme agent of darkness? anyways, based off of aforementioned SWTORE description of the emperor, he is not to be taken lightly, being more powerful than everyone before him

isnt the HoT canonically light, as revan describes the HoT as an "avatar of light" meant to combat the emperor, the supreme agent of darkness?

Like I said, until proper documentation is made, I can't say what happened.

If I were to say something, I would say that it is similar, but to a lesser degree, to The Exile's attack on the Trayus Academy. The nexus of Malachor V made The Exile feel very ill. So I would say that the effects would be similar here.

But that is just my theory (no Beni, I don't think this will get a "Theories" thread)

Like I said, until proper documentation is made, I can't say what happened.

If I were to say something, I would say that it is similar, but to a lesser degree, to The Exile's attack on the Trayus Academy. The nexus of Malachor V made The Exile feel very ill. So I would say that the effects would be similar here.

But that is just my theory (no Beni, I don't think this will get a "Theories" thread)

lesser degree? isn't dromund kaas supposed to be one of the, if not THE, most powerful DS nexuses in the galaxy?

Rayla has the KOTOR Campaign Guide, so she could post something about that next time she's on.

If that's true, fighting the most powerful sith lord ever (up till his time) on a nexus is far more difficult than fighting 12 fodder sith, sion, and traya on a nexus. Ultimately it comes down to how vader handles vitiate's upper echelon force abilities.

I also don't think vader has received the sheer accolades vitiate has:

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed. (SWTORE, Page 89)

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen. His corrupting influence is so complete that none can stand in his presence without succumbing to fear, anger and hatred. The Emperor can wither and ruin even the strongest Jedi's connection to the light side.(SWTOR: Codex Entry)

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld. (SWTORE, Page 148)

All members of the Empire bow before their sovereign ruler - the Sith Emperor. Enigmatic and supremely powerful, the Emperor directs this domain from the shadows and manipulates the galaxy to carry out his will. (SWTORE, Page 11)

For generations, the Emperor would remain withdrawn from society. When he finally appeared, the Emperor spoke only to the Dark Council, reducing the most powerful Sith in the Empire to trembling sycophants in his presence. (SWTORE, Page 157)

Ah, I understand. But in one of those damnable encyclopedias, I believe it says she fought 12 sith in the academy, not 100 like in the game.

Actually it simply says she fought the Triumvirate in their own powerbase and destroyed them, no number count is given but 'Triumvirate' likely means those loyal to Sion, all Nihilus' followers died or retreated there, so about half the Triumvirate is likely sat in there, a dozen Sith is hardly likely, given how much of an ultimate test Traya wanted the battle to be.

Actually it simply says she fought the Triumvirate in their own powerbase and destroyed them, no number count is given but 'Triumvirate' likely means those loyal to Sion, all Nihilus' followers died or retreated there, so about half the Triumvirate is likely sat in there, a dozen Sith is hardly likely, given how much of an ultimate test Traya wanted the battle to be.

I still don't think that amounts to fighting the most powerful sith lord who had ever existed (up till his time)