So Excited...and then so Disappointed!!! **Jedi Guardian Story Spoilers**

garicasha

I have seen all Scourge dialoges,haven't seen any part where he disagrees,also in the book.Yes he is no longer,but that is his original race,the main thing is that human body/vessel you fought at the end of the knight story was wasn't Born 1300 ago on Nathema.

The reasons of being weakened that you mentioned are clearly visible in the jedi knight story,so they are agreed upon by default and are of different category,that's they were not included in the point i was trying to make.

The fact that he never mentions the Emperor you killed being "only a voice" is what I was referring to. Seems odd to me, unless Scourge is secretly working for the Emperor, that he would never mention this. He clearly believed it to be the Emperor's real body. People always ignore Scourge. They never have an explanation for him. Quite the oversight. And my point about the Emperor "no longer' being a Pureblood was obviously pointing out that his real body would not look like a Pureblood, as you suggested.

No one is denying that the Emperor will be back. Only that the Hand was telling the Wrath what he needed to hear to make sure he would continue his duties. Bioware, Darth Marr, Scourge, they all seem to believe the Emperor was dealt a blow that exceeds him simply losing a Voice.

No longer being a sith pureblood should mean his body decayed like hell + he no longer perceives the world as a mortal would.That would mean he is no longer mortal,sith pureblood,sith lord ,sith or a being as mortals would understand the word , etc ,but something else.

It can't possibly mean that he transformed into a human with Dark V. :) In the end of the knight story line ,this is clearly a Voice.But yes ,his spirit was injured in the fight or something like that.

Also as far as i remember Scourge said that he felt his presence and he should.The Voice practically houses the spirit of the Emperor and the main part of his consciousness.Scourge didn't actually see the fight for himself.( i may be wrong here,it's being long time since last i saw the cutscene)

And at the end scene-the victory celebration ,he said he is sticking around to make sure the Emperor didn't left them any surprises,which means he is not 100% convinced he is dealt with,permanently .

I've found most of the SWTOR stories to be underwhelming, honestly, especially compared to Bioware's single player offerings like KOTOR, ME, DAO, etc.

I think because of the nature of an MMO the stories can't hold a lot of dramatic "urgency." Usually in another story telling medium, "urgency" quickly sends the characters barreling to the next part of the plot, climax, whatever. In an MMO, you do something like that and it falls a bit flat as the character can now go explore side missions, heroics, pvp, space missions, any number of things.

So, say, a villain kidnaps Kira at the beginning of a planet, you'd think the JK would immediately set off to rescue her. Instead, the JK might go pvp'ing for a bit, hop into the ol' spaceship for a few space missions or talk to a half dozen other NPCs about their problems. It just doesn't make sense, and therefore the plot points are kept very broad, generic and video game-y.

I've found most of the SWTOR stories to be underwhelming, honestly, especially compared to Bioware's single player offerings like KOTOR, ME, DAO, etc.

I think because of the nature of an MMO the stories can't hold a lot of dramatic "urgency." Usually in another story telling medium, "urgency" quickly sends the characters barreling to the next part of the plot, climax, whatever. In an MMO, you do something like that and it falls a bit flat as the character can now go explore side missions, heroics, pvp, space missions, any number of things.

So, say, a villain kidnaps Kira at the beginning of a planet, you'd think the JK would immediately set off to rescue her. Instead, the JK might go pvp'ing for a bit, hop into the ol' spaceship for a few space missions or talk to a half dozen other NPCs about their problems. It just doesn't make sense, and therefore the plot points are kept very broad, generic and video game-y.

heh try another mmo and see how long its story manages to entertain you (provided it even has a story)

The only ending that would have suited the Jedi Knight story line would be an attack very similar to the attack on the Star Forge in KoToR 1 or even the attack on the Trayus Academy in KoToR II. That's the ending I was hoping for for my Guardian and I think it came up so short. However, I did enjoy the ending. I think I died 2 or 3 times my first time fighting through to the Emperor. 2nd time was so simple and my 3rd time on my Sentinel I haven't even finished the story line. Just went to Makeb and leveled to 55.

Jug storyline ending was very satisfying and I'm gonna give that another roll.

I agree the sense of urgency was missing from the final encounter. You should have had to run a distance from ship to dark temple within certain time while endlessly spawning enemies attack you or something. It would have made sense that they don't follow you over emperors doorstep.

But this is NOTHING compared to my issues with inquisitor story.

ps. Overall jedi knight story was a good one.

Edited by Karkais

heh try another mmo and see how long its story manages to entertain you (provided it even has a story)

You're absolutely right. A big reason I stick with TOR over other MMOs is that there's at least some story. Really, while I can easily whine and complain about specifics for the class stories (and I do), they're not bad and usually have some juicy Bioware morsels of narrative that the company's known for.