The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

What about kyp durron/kyle katarn?

Kyle Katarn was better as a Rebel Agent. Sure he was the Battlemaster, but so was Cin Drallig, and unfortunately any mention of Cin Drallig vs. Anakin (video game aside) is very unflattering to the Battlemaster.

Edited by Aurbere

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Katarn was better as a Rebel Agent. Sure he was the Battlemaster, but so was Cin Drallig, and unfortunately any mention of Cin Drallig vs. Anakin (video game aside) is very unflattering to the Battlemaster.

didnt he defeat some powerful dark jedi who was being amped by the valley of the jedi, while he was just a neophyte?

didnt he defeat some powerful dark jedi who was being amped by the valley of the jedi, while he was just a neophyte?

He too was amped by the valley of the jedi, well...in regards to getting his force prowess back and all that noise. Yes he did beat several Dark Jedi...but that's just it...with barely any experience he beat them...that doesn't really show you how good those Dark Jedi were lol.

Desann is the only real good one out of them but that doesn't say much, but even he was beat by Kyle who had surpassed him.

Against a real Sith Lord(Darth Caedus), Kyle almost lost a leg.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I am pretty sure the fast, medium, strong styles are just game mechanics....they came out before the prequels(and thus actual Lightsaber forms) were introduced. Is there any actual canon evidence that the NJO used these so called forms?

only a notes by Luke made in the Book of sith noting that the styles Bane called Strong and Fast were not the same as his own versions of Strong and Fast saying that the Strong in the book was really Djem So and that Fast was Soresu while his were hybridizations of those forms. So that's the only note of their exsistance.

Also again Saba HAD to use 2 sabers to keep up with Corran and she normally just uses one as does Corran she CANT beat Corran in a straight saber fight when he is using 2 sabers. As far as I know the only ones that could were Luke Jacen and Jaina everyone else needed to resort to their force powers to best him.

only a notes by Luke made in the Book of sith noting that the styles Bane called Strong and Fast were not the same as his own versions of Strong and Fast saying that the Strong in the book was really Djem So and that Fast was Soresu while his were hybridizations of those forms. So that's the only note of their exsistance.

I'm still skeptical....they did also find the Great Holocron which had all the lightsaber forms in it...in 40 ABY. I dunno...just having fast, medium, strong as lightsaber styles seems...stupid....It seems much better that the actual lightsaber forms be used

You sure it wasn't retconned later?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'm still skeptical....they did also find the Great Holocron which had all the lightsaber forms in it...in 40 ABY.

I know and that's why I know the best blade masters knew both the hybridization forms from Luke and the actual forms and that he still had all the techniques from obi-wan's journal even if he didn't know the names of everything.

Pretty sure it's been stated that in terms of Jedi, Yoda is/was and will always be the best swordsman in the order. Little bloke had mastered ALL the forms (least non ds exclusive ones). I believe Ataru is his most used one (due to his small stature and limited physical reach).

Pretty sure it's been stated that in terms of Jedi, Yoda is/was and will always be the best swordsman in the order. Little bloke had mastered ALL the forms (least non ds exclusive ones). I believe Ataru is his most used one (due to his small stature and limited physical reach).

Yoda was the best in the old Jedi Order, but Luke was the best in the new Jedi Order, and he surpassed Yoda, this was stated in the Real Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelist Thread (earlier thread open to Jedi and Sith), it was argued multiple times, and is canon.

Apparently Sora Bulq is out.

ya pretty sure that was because he was a dark jedi at the end and not a jedi, jedi. So the spots that seem most likely for 7 are Kol Skywalker, Saba Sebatyne or Corran Horn. I think Saba's force powers give her more of an edge then she would normally have and Corran still spars equal with her even when she is forced to use Jar'kai and he can just use his standard form. Kol is also a great one considering (if I am not mistaken) he was the Jedi's greatest warrior of his time and the way he died was epic as hell.

I nominate Shaak Ti. She was an immensely skilled duelist. She was also trained as a Consular, yet mastered two forms to extremely high levels, overcoming many of their weaknesses. She could stagger Starkiller using Makashi (overcoming its lack of kinetic motion) and was capable of "fighting a marathon using ataru" -Jensaarai1. Her blade work was impeccable. Edited by Canino

I nominate Shaak Ti. She was an immensely skilled duelist. She was also trained as a Consular, yet mastered two forms to extremely high levels, overcoming many of their weaknesses. She could stagger Starkiller using Makashi (overcoming its lack of kinetic motion) and was capable of "fighting a marathon using ataru" -Jensaarai1. Her blade work was impeccable.

Actually, that's her Ataru coming in. Regardless, I would go for Ti for #7, as well.

Yoda was the best in the old Jedi Order, but Luke was the best in the new Jedi Order, and he surpassed Yoda, this was stated in the Real Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelist Thread (earlier thread open to Jedi and Sith), it was argued multiple times, and is canon.

Is it canon? I recall there being a consensus that Luke was more skilled than Yoda but there were no direct canon quotes to compare the two.