The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

I would back Lsu, they both mastered all forms, but whilst Bulq was exceptional with Vaapad, just like Windu said, it mastered him not the other way around, Lsu however had mastered Jar'kai to perfection and had high skill with every weapon and could even adapt her technique to match any unique weapons she came across, and most impressively she could seamlessly switch between forms mid-combat with no trouble at all, an ambidextrous feat of sorts, just like Sidious' ability to do the same.
Bulq was also a master of Jar'Kai. And while he may not have mastered Vaapad, he was skilled enough and knowledgeable enough to have a hand in developing it.

I'd also assume that being able to switch forms in the midst of combat is a natural skillset of any lightsaber duelist who has mastered multiple forms, especially one who has mastered all of them.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulq was also a master of Jar'Kai. And while he may not have mastered Vaapad, he was skilled enough and knowledgeable enough to have a hand in developing it.

I'd also assume that being able to switch forms in the midst of combat is a natural skillset of any lightsaber duelist who has mastered multiple forms, especially one who has mastered all of them.

Lsu however had a 'perfect' mastery over Jar'kai there is clearly a difference or the author wouldnt have made the distinction.

Only Sidious and Lsu are listed with the ability to wield forms ambidextrously, no one else has, Drallig hasn't neither has Kas'im(though switching from a double-blade to dual blades was excellent on his part).

Everyone else hybridized their techniques into one, them two outright just switched to whatever the situation required.

Lsu however had a 'perfect' mastery over Jar'kai there is clearly a difference or the author wouldnt have made the distinction.

Only Sidious and Lsu are listed with the ability to wield forms ambidextrously, no one else has, Drallig hasn't neither has Kas'im(though switching from a double-blade to dual blades was excellent on his part).

Everyone else hybridized their techniques into one, them two outright just switched to whatever the situation required.

Bulq and Lsu were not written by the same people, so its irrelevant. Though I see your point about ambidextrously switiching between forms, however this does not necessarily make one a superior duelist.

Perhaps a side-by-side comparison of the two?
Well this is all we have on Lsu:

Lsu's legendary reputation:

...acclaimed by many to be the greatest duelist of her time, Master Raskta had spent her life honing her martial skills so that she could one day equal, and even surpass, her namesake.

She had achieved the rare and prestigious rank of Jedi Weapons Master. Eschewing all other fields of study and forsaking the development of her other Force talents to focus exclusively on the lightsaber and combat, she had transformed herself into a living weapon.

Lsu deflecting Bane's Sith lightning:

Fueled by Worror's battle meditation, she switched styles seamlessly, and her arms and blades became a blur as they carved figure eights in the air to catch and absorb the bolts of dark side energy.

Lsu pushing Bane back:

He spun around to see that the Echani Weapons Master had taken the offensive, sending quick flicks of her blue blades towards Bane's unprotected face - the only spot on his body seemingly not covered by the impenetrable shells. Remarkably, Bane was giving ground...

...She seemed to be everywhere at once - in front of Bane, beside him, behind him, circling low, leaping to come in high, deflecting his blade with her own then stabbing three quick times in succession at his eyes. The big man's head ducked and bobbed, twisting and turning to avoid her blows as he tried to mount a counter-offensive.

Johun's effectiveness is bolstered by Lsu's mere presence:

The young Jedi marveled at the speed and savagery of Raskta's blades. And while Johun's own clumsy efforts had actually seemed to impede Sarro when they fought side by side, Raskta appeared to thrive off his presence. When he went high, she went low. If he came from the left, she came from the right... Her reactions were so fast, her combat instincts so pure, that she was able to sense and anticipate what he was going to do even as it happened, then use his attacks to her own advantage.

Certainly impressive, however we should take into account the bolstering effects of Wroor's battle meditation.

What about Meetra Surik? Likely a master of all seven lightsaber forms - master of battle precognition etc.

Not enough info... I want her too :(

Edit: We'll get Traya though :jawa_evil: Dem smexy dodging Echani battle strikes...

Edited by Selenial

An interesting note I found on Cin...while in game, his attacks seem to vary from Dejm So with hard attacks to Makashi with precise and quick ones, he also blocks with one hand at times though also using 2 hands.

Of course this is just in game from what I seen some videos on or at least what I saw anyway there maybe more. Not relevant to this discussion but something I just thought was interesting.

Of course it has been forever since I played the game, so the characters may all do that but...meh. /Shrug

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Okay I think I'm starting to lean toward Lsu, Bulq is a master of all seven lightsaber forms and a key proponent in Vaapad, and therefore likely has greater knowledge of the forms, but I feel Lsu's application is better. And through that I feel she shows greater understanding, while Bulq failed to grasp Vaapad and instead practically regressed to Juyo.

So all together I feel it should look like this:

6. Raskta Lsu

7. Sora Bulq

8. Kit Fisto?

#6 Qui-Gon Jinn

#7 Plo Koon

#8 Kit Fisto

#9 Kyp Durron

#10 Revan

So, about our current position, #6, I think Qui-Gon is there with Obi-Wan at his prime, perhaps he was even better, so it's pretty clear to me he should get the next post. As for the others, I'm confident about #7 and #8, but the next #9 and #10 I have many doubts, it's surely not my final opinon.

#6 Qui-Gon Jinn

#7 Plo Koon

#8 Kit Fisto

#9 Kyp Durron

#10 Revan

So, about our current position, #6, I think Qui-Gon is there with Obi-Wan at his prime, perhaps he was even better, so it's pretty clear to me he should get the next post. As for the others, I'm confident about #7 and #8, but the next #9 and #10 I have many doubts, it's surely not my final opinon.

Revan doesn't have enough saber feats to warrant making this list at all and Corran Horn was a better duelist then Kyp. Corran could keep up with the best masters of the NJO in saber combat even though he was weaker in the force then most of them he really should get a lot more credit then he seems to be getting here. Essentially I would call him the Dooku of the NJO not exceptionally powerful with the force but one of its greatest blade masters.

Edited by tunewalker

Revan doesn't have enough saber feats to warrant making this list at all and Corran Horn was a better duelist then Kyp. Corran could keep up with the best masters of the NJO in saber combat even though he was weaker in the force then most of them he really should get a lot more credit then he seems to be getting here. Essentially I would call him the Dooku of the NJO not exceptionally powerful with the force but one of its greatest blade masters.
Wouldn't Kyle Katarn, the Jedi Battlemaster of that era, be considered first and foremost?

I mean according to Wookieepedia Corran was "quite skilled" - not exactly amazing.

Edited by Beniboybling

Wouldn't Kyle Katarn, the Jedi Battlemaster of that era, be considered first and foremost?

I mean according to Wookieepedia Corran was "quite skilled" - not exactly amazing.

I would say no while Wiki doesn't do much to expand on Corran he was able to duel on even with his saber with Kyle, Kyp and Saba despite being less powerful in the force then all of them. If there was one person from the NJO under Luke and Jaina in pure skill it would be Corran no doubt in my mind. Which is why I called him the Dooku of his era many more powerful but still able to keep up despite that.

Edited by tunewalker