Woodland Varactyl : My Thanks!

DarthZwicky

I just purchased the Woodland Varactyl for 3.1 millions credit on the GTN. I would like to thanks everyone who purchased packs to make this happens. Thank you for helping supporting the game.

But don't worry, I contributed too, i unlocked it from my collection afterward.

Thanks again everybody!

I just purchased the Woodland Varactyl for 3.1 millions credit on the GTN. I would like to thanks everyone who purchased packs to make this happens. Thank you for helping supporting the game.

Thanks again everybody!

I have one as well.. and they ARE popular with the players.. but personally I like the TaunTaun better. More compact.. and the Varactyls legs move like the poor little fella is on snoozers. He's a lizard.. he should be more hyper with the leg movements IMO. :)

If I may ask, how much is it to unlock the Varactyl for the Collection?

It isn't that cheap... 660 CCs I think.

Either way you pay at the CM.

BTW, I love Collections. All of my toons are riding Varactyls. Love running around Taris on it on my lowbie.

Thanks again everybody!

Your are welcome, if you like the Lizard then you will be happy cause others coming in the way with different colors with the same Clumsy, Lame and stupid design, Enjoy!!

I have one as well.. and they ARE popular with the players.. but personally I like the TaunTaun better. More compact.. and the Varactyls legs move like the poor little fella is on snoozers. He's a lizard.. he should be more hyper with the leg movements IMO. :)

That Lizard is very rare and i dont see many riding it despit the stupid prices on GTN...

That Lizard is very rare and i dont see many riding it despit the stupid prices on GTN...

I hear more of them then I see.. but they are less rare then rare mounts in the old days though because of Collections. So one mount goes a long ways these days when you can unlock it across an account. I do see many more of these then the Aggressor. I've only actually seen two Aggressors since they popped in the packs.

Edited by Andryah

I wouldn't ride it if I had it, and have no desire to acquire it. The poor thing is too small to support the large bodied people I see on it. PETA needs to get involved. So, there you are.

^^ This for the most part. I got one and for laughs, I tried it on my new body type 4 Gunslinger. Silly does not even begin to describe, especially after you check - once again - the fracking misleading preview.

Haha. I actually laughed when reading this because it's true. :D

The same happened with the tauntauns. The difference with the Varactyl is that the annoying sound will prevail, since for Bioware, it will work on a subliminary level, as in, to incite people to get more cartel packs to get the bloody thing.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have tauntauns and the varactyl, (unlocked for all of my characters). My BT2 smuggler uses the tauntaun for his mount, just fits his personality better and I spent 2 mil on the bloody thing. All my females, BT2 and BT4, use the varactyl. I love it and it was a gift from a friend who got two of them.

I love the varactyl, and I'm super happy they've started to add animal mounts to the game! :)

I do wish the varactyl didn't make boot step sounds when he walked though. A shuffling sound would seem more appropriate.

Personally - I can't wait for the dewbacks!!

I do wish the varactyl didn't make boot step sounds when he walked though. A shuffling sound would seem more appropriate.

Very much agree with you on this! They need to rework the sound effect IMO. It's a creative mistake IMO.. but not enough to significantly detract from using the mount for me.

Yes -- the good old "tennis-ball-bounce" sound effect was a little disconcerting the first time my merc took her Varactyl for a jog around the fleet :p That, and the rider's extremely stiff upper body posture are my only quibbles. I've been wanting a Varactyl mount since I first saw the critters in the game, well over a year ago :D

Oh, you must be on at odd times, I'm sick and tired of the goobers doing laps around the Spacedock showing off their new ride. BIG DEAL! I've got one, too. I just theme my toons and right now I don't have one that fits the color scheme. From the looks of THIS I will soon, though.