Server wide dueling event.

Arkillon

After having read about the Dunning-Kruger effect., which says the following:

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

• tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
  • fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
  • fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
  • recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill.

And after having seen a lot of people thinking they're better than X or Y person, I thought of something.

There will be a server-wide dueling RECURRING event that I believe everyone will like.

Basically...

EVERY NIGHT, I'll be down for some duels (so will others, I believe) in Dromund Kaas' dueling bay.

1. From imp fleet, go north to Dromund Kaas transport. Take the shuttle. You arrived at the destination.
  2. EVERY NIGHT.
  3. Starting from 8pm
  4. No **** talking, this is to give people a chance at improving and demonstrate their knowledge/teach it.
  5. There's no "registration" or anything - you go there, you duel for the amount of time you want, you hang out, etc.

Tl;dr: every night at 8-9pm in DK spaceport, friendly duels with ANYONE from any guild on the server.

- Zenod

P.S. Please participate and make it a recurring event that everyone will enjoy. You aren't obligated, but I'd like it if people would actually show up, even if it's just for 4-5 duels. (Also gives something to do in-between warzones)

Since nobody yet replied, I assume (and expect) the "best pvpers" on this server to show up, AND the newer players, or ones that would like to improve and have a chance to fight against people they consider "excellent".

So I'm expecting people from Death :), KFT, Nightmare Legacy, etc...

If more pub players show interest, we can move the location to a multi-faction area

Since nobody yet replied, I assume (and expect) the "best pvpers" on this server to show up, AND the newer players, or ones that would like to improve and have a chance to fight against people they consider "excellent".

If more pub players show interest, we can move the location to a multi-faction area

There are passes to Outlaw's Den. Can't call this a server-wide dueling event if it's only one faction.

This is just conjecture, but this isn't something that will happen every night. I'd hate to be the only chump that showed up to whatever location in search of duels. If only BW allowed dueling on the fleet.

There are passes to Outlaw's Den. Can't call this a server-wide dueling event if it's only one faction.

This is just conjecture, but this isn't something that will happen every night. I'd hate to be the only chump that showed up to whatever location in search of duels. If only BW allowed dueling on the fleet.

I agree, that's why I'm asking people to participate. After all, it's free, and makes you meet new people. I agree though, it's going to be both factions or the title is pointless.

I just don't want it to turn in a bloodshed, so it has to be a neutral area, that both can access quickly.

An open world PVP area will make some people complain for sure so... What planet?

I agree, that's why I'm asking people to participate. After all, it's free, and makes you meet new people. I agree though, it's going to be both factions or the title is pointless.

I just don't want it to turn in a bloodshed, so it has to be a neutral area, that both can access quickly.

An open world PVP area will make some people complain for sure so... What planet?

Yeah, maybe right outside Outlaw's Den so you don't have to flag for PvP.

I think with 4v4 coming up, Death Smile will be in Outlaw's Den practicing in the near future, but I'll make a separate thread for that.

Personally, I know I'm not the best at dueling and this sort of event would be useful, but do you think having these "dueling nights" bi-weekly versus nightly might increase the number of people that show up? You can't just expect people to show up; you'll have to advertise on both fleets since many players don't check the forums.

I'm up for some duels :D. Especially since you called out my guild. I'm not one of the "best pvpers on the server" by any stretch, or even the best in my own guild (can think of at least 3 guildies who are definitely better than me), but I think I'm decent.

Yeah, maybe right outside Outlaw's Den so you don't have to flag for PvP.

I think with 4v4 coming up, Death Smile will be in Outlaw's Den practicing in the near future, but I'll make a separate thread for that.

Personally, I know I'm not the best at dueling and this sort of event would be useful, but do you think having these "dueling nights" bi-weekly versus nightly might increase the number of people that show up? You can't just expect people to show up; you'll have to advertise on both fleets since many players don't check the forums.

Hmm I agree about advertising but yeah the dueling nights could be "a few nights", say 2 during the week and one during the weekend?

people actualy know us now? :o

I'm up for some duels :D. Especially since you called out my guild. I'm not one of the "best pvpers on the server" by any stretch, or even the best in my own guild (can think of at least 3 guildies who are definitely better than me), but I think I'm decent.

me fat and sek

GOT UM right taz? that who u wre thinking?

Do you think your dueling tournament will be as successful as this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643667

Ironic isn't it, that you are the one posting about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

1. it's an event, not a tournament. no money, no rewards, no nothing.

2. you're probably from one of the two guilds that keep on insulting me, yet when i ask for duels you decline.

3. go away