Please Increase Blade Length on the Derelict Lightsaber Types

Jedi_Thran_Kuro

I'd like to ask that the length of the blade on the derelict lightsabers be increased. These, like the blade on the tythonian force master sabers, are slightly shorter, measured pommel to blade tip, than the standard lightsabers. Add to that the fact that the derelict lightsabers' hilts are all substantially longer than any other saber's, and the overall effect is that the blade seems disproportionately short. The effect is all the more pronounced on the double-bladed version.

Normally, this might just be taken in the vein of variation, but this is the only lightsaber, apart from the ziost guardian, that has a special blade effect and a hilt that looks like it came out of the original movies. For some, that's not important, but for many it is.

If you agree that the lightsaber blade on the derelict sabers ought to be the same as other sabers, as measured from emitter to tip, please post your support here.

well why do you think its derelict in the first place?

Lol, I didn't think derelict meant tiny-wang-saber. But hey, if they want to issue a brand new saber that looks like Obi-wan's Ep. IV saber with a nice tythonian blade effect - I dunno, maybe call it the Guardian's Battle Lightsaber, I will take that as a perfectly acceptable alternative.

Lol, I didn't think derelict meant tiny-wang-saber. But hey, if they want to issue a brand new saber that looks like Obi-wan's Ep. IV saber with a nice tythonian blade effect - I dunno, maybe call it the Guardian's Battle Lightsaber, I will take that as a perfectly acceptable alternative.

derelict because it's too short

like you

you're short

yep

It's not short, the handle just extends higher than others so it looks short. I use two at once and it looks fine.

So, if the overall length of the hilt and blade equals 1, and this is the same as the tythonian saber, and the hilt of the derelict is substantially larger than the tythonian hilt, what's that mean for the relative length of the blade?

Please read before opining - this thread is about the length of the BLADE, which is visibly shorter on the derelict saber than it is on any other saber.

So, if the overall length of the hilt and blade equals 1, and this is the same as the tythonian saber, and the hilt of the derelict is substantially larger than the tythonian hilt, what's that mean for the relative length of the blade?

Please read before opining - this thread is about the length of the BLADE, which is visibly shorter on the derelict saber than it is on any other saber.

The blade starts at the same place as all the others, it just has a guard on it that goes up a little. The guard has a hole in it so you can tell the blade is still being projected from the same point.

I'm not opining. I'm facting.

• 1 month later...

Well, I for one as a user of the blade in game (with Body Type 3) and owner of a replica of it's inspiration (Lukes first saber) in real life, would also like to see the blade length extended.

(Yes, I necroed a little)

Edited by Thellorms