The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New patch erased entire mail without notice. Lots of promotional items gone.

Alec_Fortescue

Used to store plenty of items in my mail. Fireworks, pre-order bonuses... that stuff had no expiry and I believed it's safe until now.

Doing a run now and it appears it, so far, happened to the first character I logged in with.

Happened to plenty of players. RESTORE.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

+1

Logged in after patch, opened mailbox, mails were there.

Done something else, checked mailbox again, all mails are gone and it wasn't only mails for promotional stuff

Oh it's on Tomb of Freedon Nadd, if it matters

Edited by Turshek

Yes, I am from ToFN, too! Wait, now when I think of I might've had my old mail but after picking up the stuff I sold on GTN before the maintenance and rechecking mailbox it might've been gone then.

I cannot remember now if the stuff in my mail was all there before picking up payment or it was just the payment.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Dev Post

As is evidenced by Turshek's post, this is a strange issue, and we are currently investigating whether or not it's actually an issue with your mail being gone or just appearing to be gone.

Please post as many details as possible when posting, and remember to include whether or not the issue appears account wide, or on one character, etc.

Edit: Just as I was posting, I received details that indicate that this appears to be an issue exclusive to the first time you access your mailbox. It was due to the extended downtime, but we'll be sure to keep an eye out in case there are additional reports.

Thank you! l

Edited by AmberGreen

As is evidenced by Turshek's post, this is a strange issue, and we are currently investigating whether or not it's actually an issue with your mail being gone or just appearing to be gone.

Please post as many details as possible when posting, and remember to include whether or not the issue appears account wide, or on one character, etc.

Edit: Just as I was posting, I received details that indicate that this appears to be an issue exclusive to the first time you access your mailbox. It was due to the extended downtime, but we'll be sure to keep an eye out in case there are additional reports.

Thank you! l

I actually lost mail as well it would appear. I had been really lazy about checking the mail because it was bounty hunter stuff from alts. I had five and after reading what you said, I tried re-logging and now I don't even have indication that I have mail with an empty mailbox.

Edit: Upon receiving further mail and checking said mail, my old mail has shown up again.

Edited by EpicEdge

Ah it just appears to be gone, I had sent one of my noobs some gear anyway I jumps on him the mail warning says I had 5 mails but when I open nothing. I thought at first I had sent to wrong toon though never done that before, Anyway I then go into a wz and when I came out went back to the mail and there it was..... So just assumed something you guys had fu**ed up when messing about with the game.

Ok i just mailed some lower lvl salvaged mats and 50k to one of my toons. I logged her in saw the mail icon went to the mail box nothing there. I ran to another box same result. I relogged her in now nothing not even the icon.

Ok while writing this the mail appeared

Edited by Baaddare

• Dev Post

Hi there folks,

We are aware that there might still be some strangeness around mail, and the reports that continue are quite similar to Baaddare.

If your mailbox is showing no messages, even when there is an unread mail notification or you have saved messages, exiting the game and logging back in will cause the mail to reappear.

We apologize for the inconvenience, have added this to the Known Issues, and are working on a fix. Thanks for your understanding.

This has happened to one (out of 14) of my characters as well. When I attempted to retrieve the credits from an npc mail, I received a mail server error, then my entire "inbox" went blank. My character was on Nar Shaddaa at the area where Watcher X is imprisoned when I attempted this. Once I arrived at the Network Access (I believe that was the area) I tried the mailbox there and everything was fine and I haven't had any issues since (over the weekend).