Why all the ugly PvE armor?

Ayelinna

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Very happy this is bumped.

Why do i get the feeling that was meant to be sarcastic?

You know Alec,

No offense but from my experience, when i created topics that allready exist,

People tend to say something like "There are allready tons of topics about this matter, why start a new one?"

And i have to admit: i can't really blame them.

Which is why i was like "This may be a very old topic... true... but it's about the same subject"

Surely, that is understandable, right?

The only thing however that DOES "annoy" me is the fact BioWare does'nt seem to give a d...

Which is kinda sad but a company can only be succesfull if they listen to their customers.

Surely that is 1 of the reasons why alot of people left this game. It may not be the main reason,

but it sure is of the reasons.

I allways loved the whole Star Wars Franchise.

And hell... i was so excited when someone told me there was going to be a MMO about Star Wars.

The game itself looks good, the gameplay is nice as well, so don't get me wrong. But there are still things that leave much to be desired.

I come from World of Warcraft. And usually, when someone makes a suggestion, a representive of that particular company, tends to say something along the lines of "Thats a nice suggestion but we cannot implement that into the game" or "That's a nice suggestion. We'll take that into consideration"

So you see? while the developers of World of Warcraft may not allways give us the answer we want to hear,

at least they have the decency to interact, to communicate with their customers. With their players.

I can't really say the same about BioWare. At least not yet.

Edited by SlayerNL

Armour is very hit and miss with Bioware. Hard to find decent Bounty Hunter armour that doesn't look exactly like all the other bounty hunter armour already in the game. Just plain awful. Reskin Jango/Boba Fett's armour and call it whatever you want for all I care. I see all kinds of cool and some what unique Jedi/Sith armour. Even Shae Vizla's armour, while I do love it, is very similar to armour already in the game.

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/29/swtor-possible-models-for-the-dread-forged-new-pve-armor/

More like Guild Wars than Star Wars

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/28/swtor-oricon-reputation-vendor-items/

hk-51 Crysis game skin, a recycled trooper gear with a stupid box on it ( why, bioware? why? ) and a MICKEY MOUSE COSTUME YAY

Yes we know you can take out mods and put them into whatever you want, but in my opinion these new possible PvE set models are ridiculous. If you showed them to someone who doesnt play this game, they'd have no idea it was Star Wars.

Why can't bioware put a bit more effort into these armor sets...you might as well just give us the mods and armorings and enhancements separately instead of making me pay like 35k credits to take them all out the ugly armor in my opinion.

But hey, at least the new possible pve and pvp gear isnt recycled versions of the last tier ones.

Some people (like me) actually want to show off their gear and in game achievements to people but are disappointed because the gear is UGLY...

This is all in my opinion.

You must be talking about GW2 because GW1 gear didn't look this crappy.

Opps Necro thread. My Necro in GW1 looked way better.

Edited by well

Slayer, I am totally serious. I keep making threads about appearance (a specific look but always!) all the time. I am here only because it's Star Wars :>

So you're saying you did'nt mean to be sarcastic?

You're actually really happy that this is brought to the light (so to speak) again?

Is that what you're saying?

Edited by SlayerNL

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/29/swtor-possible-models-for-the-dread-forged-new-pve-armor/

More like Guild Wars than Star Wars

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/28/swtor-oricon-reputation-vendor-items/

hk-51 Crysis game skin, a recycled trooper gear with a stupid box on it ( why, bioware? why? ) and a MICKEY MOUSE COSTUME YAY

Yes we know you can take out mods and put them into whatever you want, but in my opinion these new possible PvE set models are ridiculous. If you showed them to someone who doesnt play this game, they'd have no idea it was Star Wars.

Why can't bioware put a bit more effort into these armor sets...you might as well just give us the mods and armorings and enhancements separately instead of making me pay like 35k credits to take them all out the ugly armor in my opinion.

But hey, at least the new possible pve and pvp gear isnt recycled versions of the last tier ones.

Some people (like me) actually want to show off their gear and in game achievements to people but are disappointed because the gear is UGLY...

This is all in my opinion.

Until BIOWARE gets some artists that understand what "cool" armor looks like (hint...my bounty hunter looking like a PIRATE is NOT cool)....they should wave all costs of ripping mods out to put into "cool" armor.

Honestly this has been an issue since day one.... I mean I remember commenting that my Sith Assassin in Rakata armor looked like something from a Lady GaGa show with the pointed shoulder pads and such....

Armour is very hit and miss with Bioware. Hard to find decent Bounty Hunter armour that doesn't look exactly like all the other bounty hunter armour already in the game. Just plain awful. Reskin Jango/Boba Fett's armour and call it whatever you want for all I care. I see all kinds of cool and some what unique Jedi/Sith armour. Even Shae Vizla's armour, while I do love it, is very similar to armour already in the game.

You forgot the tioneese, rakata, columi Bounty Hunter armor that had what looked like shower heads sticking out the back (or old steam pipes).

Honestly....I don't know what artist at Bio looks at 90% of these armors and says to him/herself "this is cool, and as a Star Wars fan I would want to wear this!!"

So you're saying you did'nt mean to be sarcastic?

You're actually really happy that this is brought to the light (so to speak) again?

Is that what you're saying?

Well, yeah. Because recent PvE armor looks like trash to me and some is broken. Like the Warrior's set with the crotchflap or Knight's (massassi) collar expanding. and generally the art is nasty.

You know...

Believe it or not but generally i am a nice guy

but when somebody pisses me off, I can be a b...h too

I've been playing this game since it was launched which is a long time by now

I have allways been a paying customer. I never went Free 2 Play

And BioWare is trying my patience. They are on the way to... "annoy" me (to put it mildly)

So that being said, i WILL get what i want. 1 way or the other.

You'll get your forum access removed is all you will get.

People have been complaining about ugly armor in MMOs as long as their has been armor in MMOs. We have a MOD system, and supposedly they are also working on some kind of appearance tab system, if you don't like the OPS armor, switch it out.

Armor art, like all art, is subjective, just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

People have been complaining about ugly armor in MMOs as long as their has been armor in MMOs. We have a MOD system, and supposedly they are also working on some kind of appearance tab system, if you don't like the OPS armor, switch it out.

Armor art, like all art, is subjective, just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Appearrance tab?

Could you give an example of what i "could" expect with that?

Okay, since a BioWare still has'nt give a reply,

I'm gonna try it again:

I've been playing this game ever since it was first launched.

I've been paying for the game ever since it was first launched.

I like the whole Star Wars franchise and again,

i was so excited when i was told there was going to be an MMO from Star Wars.

However... i do want my chars to not only contain good stats but also look good.

For example:

When i'm playing as a Jedi, wanna look like it. I wanna look like a Jedi

That means a coat with a hood. and/or cloak. 'coz thats how Jedi's suppose to look like.

When i'm playing as a trooper. I wanna look like some military type.

'coz thats what a trooper suppose to look like.

As is it now... the armor of both the Jedi & Trooper

Are ugly as hell. (and i mean the current Force Lord (level 55) set and the Boltblaster (level 55) set

Now i know u can buy some proper looking armor through the Cartel Market and/or Galactic Trade Network

but it should'nt be from that only.

There should also be decent looking armor available that you can "earn" instead of "buying"

It's like

"Why does it allways have to be something you can "buy?!"

Again, let's the Force Lord set for example: When i hide the headslot, it looks like i'm bald

but when i don't i look like a ugly version of a ninja

As for the Trooper Boltblaster set... it has no pattern and is just plain ugly. Surely u know what i mean.

i mean... BioWare... Seriously?!

(oh... and by the way, these 2 sets are not the only sets that are ugly... there are plenty of other sets out there that are ugly)

So, a long story short:

I wish they created / developed some proper looking armor.

I wish they created / developed armor that makes me really look like the class i'm playing

Why does it allways have to be something you can buy instead of earning?!

Hell... they could even make an artifact or customizable / adaptive version of 1 of the first sets you obtain when u start your character adventure from the beginning. 'coz some of them look really great.

Edited by SlayerNL

Now common. You really think bioea would give you the best looking sets for free?

Best looking armor is bought from the CM. Period. Now and forever.

I do not ask for "the best looking sets" but a little better could do just fine too.

Like i said before they could also make an "Artifact" version or something from the sets u get when u start an adventure. Some of those sets u obtain in the beginning look quitte nice to be honest.

Some of them were allready mentioned earlier.

Like those jedi sets u can get at Tython

You know...

Believe it or not but generally i am a nice guy

but when somebody pisses me off, I can be a b...h too

I've been playing this game since it was launched which is a long time by now

I have allways been a paying customer. I never went Free 2 Play

And BioWare is trying my patience. They are on the way to... "annoy" me (to put it mildly)

So that being said, i WILL get what i want. 1 way or the other.

...so what are you going to do when they continue ignoring you? I really want to know how you'll force their hand. Like, do you have some kind of masterful plan that will bring the downfall of bioware? Or...are you just gonna keep bumping an easily ignorable thread?

Senpai plz

...so what are you going to do when they continue ignoring you? I really want to know how you'll force their hand. Like, do you have some kind of masterful plan that will bring the downfall of bioware? Or...are you just gonna keep bumping an easily ignorable thread?

Senpai plz

There are actually quitte a few things i can do.

1. Not gonna pay for this game ever again. (This also means i'm not gonna play this game at all either)

For BioWare that means no money from me.

2. I will pass on the negative feedback, the negative experience onto friends, familiy etc that are also into gaming.

For BioWare that means no money from them either.

3. Let's just say i grew up with computers and i think that you know as well as i do,

what someone could do with that experience. (surely you know what i'm referring to)

(Oh... and i'll be aware that that may get me banned. Tho this would be the last thing i'd resort to.)

Or to put it in short:

I know how to be annoying. I know how to be a so-called thorn in their sight.

As i said before... generally (and believe it or not) i'm a nice guy

but i'm also not someone, someone should mess with.

Especially when there's real money involved. MY MONEY.

Besides... is it really too much to ask for a response?

'coz as it is now, it's like they don't care about us. All they care about is money. OUR money.

More importantly... i don't feel like i'm being treated as 1 of their valued customers.

That's where most of my frustration is comming from.

1 more thing:

I have been bullied many years ago for multiple years.

I basically had people walking all over me so to speak.

that was until i got so sick and tired of it and started to stand up for myself.

Which means... i don't take s..t anymore from no one

Edited by SlayerNL