Question about buying items with Cartel Certificates and the Collections Tab

DarthVallin

Hello All,

I have a simple question. I want to buy the Satele Holostatue for my characters with my cartel certificates. My question is, if I buy something through the bazaar on the fleet, will it show up in my collections? I was on a break when these packs were out and its honestly a great leveling tool that I would love to globally unlock if its possible at all.

Thank You :)

Hello All,

I have a simple question. I want to buy the Satele Holostatue for my characters with my cartel certificates. My question is, if I buy something through the bazaar on the fleet, will it show up in my collections? I was on a break when these packs were out and its honestly a great leveling tool that I would love to globally unlock if its possible at all.

Don't know specifically about the holostatue but I can't see why it wouldn't, considering other items like the Hoverchair or Revan's Mask were added to the collections for me. I even unlocked the Hoverchair for my entire account, which is probably what you should do if you don't have enough certificates to buy holostatues for all your new characters and you want each one of them to have one.

Edited by TheNahash

Don't know specifically about the holostatue but I can't see why it wouldn't, considering other items like the Hoverchair or Revan's Mask were added to the collections for me. I even unlocked the Hoverchair for my entire account, which is probably what you should do if you don't have enough certificates to buy holostatues for all your new characters and you want each one of them to have one.

Hmm I'll keep an eye on my collections tab than. I am going to assume it happens after the "2 hour refund" period so you can't scam the collections tab.

Hmm I'll keep an eye on my collections tab than. I am going to assume it happens after the "2 hour refund" period so you can't scam the collections tab.

That, I do not know.

The Hoverchair was added instantly for me, but then again it was an item that's consumed on use so maybe it works different with items like Holostatues.

Yes, you will have to wait until after the refund period ends before the items will show up in your Collection. Exceptions are for items that are consumed when used like pets and vehicles.

Hello All,

I don't know about the holo statue BUT I have bought things like the Thana Vesh set and once equipped on one toon I was able to open the set in my collections tab so it may be the same with the statue.

Well with any of the items in the collections tab you have to either equip or use the items before they become available to you. They do not become available just for purchasing or having it in your inventory, so that alone would subvert the need to wait for the timer.

Well with any of the items in the collections tab you have to either equip or use the items before they become available to you. They do not become available just for purchasing or having it in your inventory, so that alone would subvert the need to wait for the timer.
That's true, but cartel vendor items have the additional restriction of needing to wait out the refund timer before they'll add to your collection.

With gear you can manipulate the mods in it to prematurely end the timer but I don't know how you'd do that with an item like the holostatue.

That's true, but cartel vendor items have the additional restriction of needing to wait out the refund timer before they'll add to your collection.

With gear you can manipulate the mods in it to prematurely end the timer but I don't know how you'd do that with an item like the holostatue.

I haven't tested it with the items like the holo statues, but when you use the item I was under the impression that it ended the timer. I could be wrong on that though.

I haven't tested it with the items like the holo statues, but when you use the item I was under the impression that it ended the timer. I could be wrong on that though.
Just equipping gear isn't enough to end the refund timer so that's why I doubt using items from the "toy" category would either.

Either way, if the refund timer is still visible on the item, it can't be added to your collection.

Once it goes away, the item should behave just like any other cartel item.

Just equipping gear isn't enough to end the refund timer so that's why I doubt using items from the "toy" category would either.

Either way, if the refund timer is still visible on the item, it can't be added to your collection.

Once it goes away, the item should behave just like any other cartel item.

Yeah no argument about the refund timer if its still there, I was just under the impression that it did go away once you used the item., assuming that you use it before the timer ends on its own.

• 5 months later...

This isn't working for me with the Marka Ragnos set. Other purchases that I've made from these vendors before this have gone into collections just fine. But I've closed and reopened the game, logged in and out of different characters, tried the items on again, etc. I even picked up one item from the regular set to try that on as part of it too because when I unlocked the Thana Vesh outfit it had been a mix of regular pieces and pieces from the vendor. The timers ended and they all say they're bound, but the set just won't add to collections.

edit: And I ended up submitting a ticket to see if they could provide some sort of assistance on this. I explained everything that I had already tried. I got a canned response back listing off pretty much all of those same things as things that I should try and they closed the ticket as if that resolved the issue. The set still hasn't unlocked in collections for me.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I eventually did just manage to pick up all the regular pieces of the Marka Ragnos set from the GTN. I guess I wasted all those certificates on the set from the vendor then.

It's weird because I know I had previously unlocked the Thana Vesh set with only one or two of the pieces being from the proper set and with the rest filled in from the vendor. But Marka Ragnos wouldn't count until they were all from the proper set.

• 3 years later...

Did this get changed? I've purchased a holostatue with certificates and waited the full time for the refund timer to go away, and yet it shows as not being unlocked in collections. I've located it in the Cartel Packs > All Cartel Packs > search "holo", and it's there... but it is locked.

I know this is a super necro thread, but I never tried unlocking this until now and I'm worried maybe it got changed between 2013 and now.

Did this get changed? I've purchased a holostatue with certificates and waited the full time for the refund timer to go away, and yet it shows as not being unlocked in collections. I've located it in the Cartel Packs > All Cartel Packs > search "holo", and it's there... but it is locked.

I know this is a super necro thread, but I never tried unlocking this until now and I'm worried maybe it got changed between 2013 and now.

There were a couple I had to put in tickets for. One of them was the Satele holo. Make sure the holo is in your inventory for CS to see. Have you tried using it yet since the timer wore off? Sometimes it needs to be used for the system to recognize that you have it.

Edited by kodrac

I want to buy the Satele Holostatue for my characters with my cartel certificates.

Anything you buy with cartel certificates will add to your collection, but you can't get more of them from collections. You have to purchase them with a cartel certificate each time.

If you get an item such as the Satele holo-statue through a pack or from the GTN it unlocks as normal.

(Afaik - things may have changed)

Edited by JediQuaker