The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Double XP

iamnotacrook

Since you asked, and strictly from my Point of View: Absolutely not.

Due to my way of playing I am anyways constantly overlevelled. My only remaining Challenges are when i pick up a Bonus Series straight after completing the Main Planet Storyline which is actually intended for a later time. IIRC these are Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Hoth and Belsavis. Did i miss one?

Greetings

Hathy

/signed

Would love to see another double exp week end or two. Im tired of the levelling areas so now i just wait for these week ends to do any alts other wise i dont bother anymore.

just think bioware another double exp week end would add some lovely money to the coffers with people buying boosts, legacy stuff etc :)

/signed

Would love to see another double exp week end or two. Im tired of the levelling areas so now i just wait for these week ends to do any alts other wise i dont bother anymore.

just think bioware another double exp week end would add some lovely money to the coffers with people buying boosts, legacy stuff etc :)

Yeah me too, just wanna play the class missions for a while.

Due to my way of playing I am anyways constantly overlevelled. My only remaining Challenges are when i pick up a Bonus Series straight after completing the Main Planet Storyline which is actually intended for a later time. IIRC these are Nar Shaddaa, Alderaan, Hoth and Belsavis. Did i miss one?

Greetings

Hathy

Oh, you do a lot of heroics?

Not exactly a lot of Heroics. But what i do is each and every Main- Side- and Bonusmission on the current Planet. Wich includes, if at all possible, at least once the Heroics. I repeat these only if there is a particularly useful reward or someone needs Help or there's reputation involved like on Voss.

Greetings

Hathy

Although i always welcome these events ive found through my leveling that if i log off in a rested zone by the next day i normally have a pretty decent amount of rested xp which then gives double xp anyway.

But yes bring back dbl xp!

Although i always welcome these events ive found through my leveling that if i log off in a rested zone by the next day i normally have a pretty decent amount of rested xp which then gives double xp anyway.

But yes bring back dbl xp!

It doesn't give you double xp the same way the double xp weekends do. You only get it from killing things, and I believe it's only 25%, not double anyway.

Greetings

Hathy

I understand where you're coming from, but as a person who works 40 hrs a week on top of school and gym, I don't have anywhere near the time i need to enjoy leveling normally, so i love the double xp weekends as it allows me to experience all the other character stories without taking a year to do so.

Not to mention after six characters, most of the non-class quests have gotten beyond stale to me.

They should simple allow people to turn off double xp boost if they choose.

It's great for drawing in new players and for having old players return and the bigger the community the better the game. That said as others pointed out I want to opt out because being overleveled for class and planet missions is no fun. I get no satisfaction from it at all.

Just like I post on every other thread on this topic that comes up continually:

No, and just no again, unless they put an off switch on it for those of us who do not want the XP.

You have your way of enjoying the game, others have theirs. Double XP weekends ruin the way I have fun in this game, as it does for many others. You don't like the planetary quests, I find them enjoyable - on every character I play. I find joy in making different selections regardless of whether those choices impacts the outcome or not. I do not enjoy skipping content no matter how many times I may have done it previously nor do I enjoy being so overleveled for said content that it makes the already "incredibly easy" game even more brain dead easier.

I (will) have no problem with Double XP events as long as I have the ability to opt out.

Greetings

Hathy

Totally agreed with Hathy... But being paid customer, I think we already are in 2x XP all the time, as a result of which I am always over-levelled.