The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tanking and 2.4

Langrisser

Every thread I've seen is about pvp and Vanguards. Or dps and vanguards. Haven't seen anyone mention or talk about how 2.4 is a nerf (not sure how much of one yet, not on pts) to tanking Vanguards by lowering PC damage. I've never had an ammo issue so lowering that too doesn't really do much for me. Was PC really doing that much damage that it had to get lowered?

Every thread I've seen is about pvp and Vanguards. Or dps and vanguards. Haven't seen anyone mention or talk about how 2.4 is a nerf (not sure how much of one yet, not on pts) to tanking Vanguards by lowering PC damage. I've never had an ammo issue so lowering that too doesn't really do much for me. Was PC really doing that much damage that it had to get lowered?

Firstly tank vanguards are almost *never* brought up when talking about pvp content. Secondly the tank's job isn't to do dps, so a *slight* nerf to their dps doesn't effect much of anything.

The thing though Zoom, is that most of our threat is tied to our DPS, since we only have a couple of attacks that are tied to higher threat modifiers.

On topic:

Yes, the slight reduction to damage on PC/FT is a TPS nerf, but our TPS generation is still way too good to even really notice it I imagine. The resource reduction though on PC/FT should be noticeable though over a longer course of time.

The change to PC/FT damage and resource cost was to assist AP/Tactics with their DPS, due to their DPS and overall damage profile being much lower than many other ACs. You have to look at the changes to other talents to see the increased buffs, which balance out, and in fact increase the overall damage of PC/FT to see the overall damage increase that Tactics/AP gained.

Edited by ellenbec

The thing though Zoom, is that most of our threat is tied to our DPS, since we only have a couple of attacks that are tied to higher threat modifiers.

Threat for vanguards is very easy, thanks to IC and IC AoE from HiB, a *minor* reduction in threat of PC doesn't hurt us that much in the threat department. Besides Threat is negligible beyond the first few seconds of a fight

Yes, the slight reduction to damage on PC/FT is a TPS nerf, but our TPS generation is still way too good to even really notice it I imagine. The resource reduction though on PC/FT should be noticeable though over a longer course of time.

Not sure what you mean here, are you saying it hurts our resource management? They didn't change the Pulse Engine proc as far as I know so not sure what you mean, and generally as long as I'm MT I tend to be swimming in ammo, thanks to shield procs.

EDIT: I now realize you meant that it would help our resource management since its cheaper now.

The change to PC/FT damage and resource cost was to assist AP/Tactics with their DPS, due to their DPS and overall damage profile being much lower than many other ACs. You have to look at the changes to other talents to see the increased buffs, which balance out, and in fact increase the overall damage of PC/FT to see the overall damage increase that Tactics/AP gained.