The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament - Droid Supremacy vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

Oh Canino, how you amuse me :p

Proxy is a joke. I'm sorry, but I have to debunk this Idea he's as strong as the Jedi he mimicked.

He became Obi-Wan Kenobi and was taken out by Vader in 3 seconds. The Soresu master.... Lawlz.

However, Malgus is a tank, he'd demolish them all 'wit dem RAGE'.... No but seriously, it needs more than that to take him out.

Well it doesn't help that Vader became far, far, far superior to Kenobi in dueling after the suit, so.....

And you don't understand- it would be an ambush, or distraction. He has shown that he will attack on his own Jedi, even if there is a battle raging. PROXY turns Jedi, Droidekas ambush, Guri moves in for the kill.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He became Obi-Wan Kenobi and was taken out by Vader in 3 seconds. The Soresu master.... Lawlz.

Vader didn't best him in lightsaber combat.

He used a Force Push to unbalance him. While I agree that a Force-user would be a bad match-up for PROXY, his Obi-wan module could replicate the battle between Obi-wan and Grievous. Or, he could turn into Boba Fett to take on Durge.

Well it doesn't help that Vader became far, far, far superior to Kenobi in dueling after the suit, so.....

And you don't understand- it would be an ambush, or distraction. He has shown that he will attack on his own Jedi, even if there is a battle raging. PROXY turns Jedi, Droidekas ambush, Guri moves in for the kill.

He's never shown he'd Solo rage Jedi. He had a quarrel with Satele personally and she went directly for him as well, almost costing them the battle.

And Vader didn't become "Far, far, far Superior" he became superior, yes, but not enough to whoop down the greatest soresu master in history in 3 seconds flat. Besides, Jedi use the force to augment their Abilities and Battle Precognition, Proxy could mimic their style perfectly but without that, he's pretty much useless.

He's never shown he'd Solo rage Jedi. He had a quarrel with Satele personally and she went directly for him as well, almost costing them the battle.

And Vader didn't become "Far, far, far Superior" he became superior, yes, but not enough to whoop down the greatest soresu master in history in 3 seconds flat. Besides, Jedi use the force to augment their Abilities and Battle Precognition, Proxy could mimic their style perfectly but without that, he's pretty much useless.

True, however, the point still remains. Malgus could very well die on the battle field, especially with traps set, and one of the greatest assassins in the galaxy. Both of which are going to be on Geonosis.

Vader didn't best him in lightsaber combat.

He used a Force Push to unbalance him. While I agree that a Force-user would be a bad match-up for PROXY, his Obi-wan module could replicate the battle between Obi-wan and Grievous. Or, he could turn into Boba Fett to take on Durge.

Ohhh. 'Cause Malgus can't use Force Pushes :p

He wouldn't know to take the form of Fett to take on Durge.... And even then I doubt he'd succeed....

Either way, I just don't see all of your allies Standing up to malgus and Grevious.

But here's the thing- Malgus, Ventress, and Grevious will not be next to each other in an attack. Not when they have to find the factories (they are extremely well hidden) fight through Geonosians, lead Sith/Massassi, and destroy the factory- all while being attacked by a huge army.

They may win the battle, but that doesn't mean that Malgus won't die. All it takes is PROXY, Guri, and some Droidekas to kill him.

Here's the thing, They likely would be... Or close at least.

They'd do the Same thing Luminara Unduli did to poggul, Malgus keep the DS Occupied up front, whilst Ventress plants bombs in reactor room and blows that place to Malachor.

Here's the thing, They likely would be... Or close at least.

They'd do the Same thing Luminara Unduli did to poggul, Malgus keep the DS Occupied up front, whilst Ventress plants bombs in reactor room and blows that place to Malachor.

Because there only one factory on Geonosis, right.....

It would be stupid for them to try to have all of the army attack on factory at a time. It only gives the DS more time to prepare other factories and traps.

Because there only one factory on Geonosis, right.....

It would be stupid for them to try to have all of the army attack on factory at a time. It only gives the DS more time to prepare other factories and traps.

There's the Prime Factory.

And without the Majority of their forces (which would be guarding said prime factory) and their leadership (Which would also be there to meet Malgus' forces) the others would be ripe for the picking.

I think the larger issue here is probability.

What is the probability that Malgus will die while leading his army on the front lines? What is the probability that G0-T0 will die safely away from the action hiding? In this Kaggath, it's simply more probable that Malgus will die than G0-T0.

If those are the only variables taken into account then you are correct.

But you know as well as I that those are not the only variables. In reality, if Malgus is winning he battle, he's chances of survival are extremely high, especially given how durable he is. Only in defeat (like at the Battle of Alderaan) does he become vulnerable. He's not going to be killed by a stray grenade or a half hearted assassination attempt.

But here's the thing- Malgus, Ventress, and Grevious will not be next to each other in an attack. Not when they have to find the factories (they are extremely well hidden) fight through Geonosians, lead Sith/Massassi, and destroy the factory- all while being attacked by a huge army.

They may win the battle, but that doesn't mean that Malgus won't die. All it takes is PROXY, Guri, and some Droidekas to kill him.

Grievous will provide all the intel they need on the location and nature of the droid factories. And Geonosians, while certainly useful, will likely only delay any attack force.

And perhaps your forgetting exactly who Darth Malgus is, allow to

That was aged 20, his powers likely increased considerably over the next 40 years. That man he killed, Kao Cen Darach, was also a Jedi Battlemaster. To Malgus he was chopped liver. PROXY, Guri and some Droidekas would be lucky to wound Malgus, let alone kill him.

Grievous will provide all the intel they need on the location and nature of the droid factories. And Geonosians, while certainly useful, will likely only delay any attack force.

And perhaps your forgetting exactly who Darth Malgus is, allow to

That was aged 20, his powers likely increased considerably over the next 40 years. That man he killed, Kao Cen Darach, was also a Jedi Battlemaster. To Malgus he was chopped liver. PROXY, Guri and some Droidekas would be lucky to wound Malgus, let alone kill him.

True, but you underestimate the force provided by the DS. Besides the entire droid army, you have Geonosians, Acklays (many mutated) Geonosian Hydras, HK-01 using his abilities mid battle and catching many Sith/Massassi off guard and killing them, and who can forget the lovely brain worm.

Sure, they may only delay the inevitable (not convinced). But think of the long term affects....

True, but you underestimate the force provided by the DS. Besides the entire droid army, you have Geonosians, Acklays (many mutated) Geonosian Hydras, HK-01 using his abilities mid battle and catching many Sith/Massassi off guard and killing them, and who can forget the lovely brain worm.

Sure, they may only delay the inevitable (not convinced). But think of the long term affects....

Brain worm is a No-no. It was only ever seen with the Queen, and she bows to no one. Especially not droids.

In reality its more a question of how large the Supremacy's army will be, so top priority for G0-T0 will be to slow Malgus down.

Yet Old Republic fleets were able to engage against such things pretty well. Seems to me the Rakata Tech is overrated.

No they weren't. Any fleet Revan wanted destroyed, was Destroyed.

Sure at the Star Forger perhaps, but we have no information about the Quantity of ships there, we only see a few seconds from in game, and I only saw 2-3 Interdictors facing off against Many republic cruisers and a few frigates.

No they weren't. Any fleet Revan wanted destroyed, was Destroyed.

Sure at the Star Forger perhaps, but we have no information about the Quantity of ships there, we only see a few seconds from in game, and I only saw 2-3 Interdictors facing off against Many republic cruisers and a few frigates.

They were still able to fight against them though right?....Well there ya go, I just don't see how an Interdictor cruiser = Victory class 2 SD...it doesn't add up, the Victory 2 is superior in every way.

Also did I really just see a post saying PROXY could take on Durge as Boba Fett? LOL right....funny.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

They were still able to fight against them though right?....Well there ya go, I just don't see how an Interdictor cruiser = Victory class 2 SD...it doesn't add up, the Victory 2 is superior in every way.

Also did I really just see a post saying PROXY could take on Durge as Boba Fett? LOL right....funny.

Ikr? :D

And I just checked, it was like 40 Republic cruisers (Hammerheads and Frigates) with Battle Meditation against 2 sith Interdictors.

And the Interdictors were winning when the Republic didn't have Battle Meditation.

Its according to the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology. Canon is canon I'm afraid.

Though I'm not sure the armament figures are entirely accurate. The thing is 600 metres long and only has 5 turbolasers and 6 lasers? Really?

And I just checked, it was like 40 Republic cruisers (Hammerheads and Frigates) with Battle Meditation against 2 sith Interdictors.

And the Interdictors were winning when the Republic didn't have Battle Meditation.

Well by the time of the CW/GCW era...Hammerheads/Frigates and such are outclassed anyway. So...still the point remains I just don't see it, unless when they mean by power they were meaning by the 3 thrusters...then that I suppose I understand.

But ya...Durge would mop the floor with Boba.

Though I'm not sure the armament figures are entirely accurate. The thing is 600 metres long and only has 5 turbolasers and 6 lasers? Really?

Ok see if the ship is missing some equipment on it, THEN I could be ok with it being on tier with a Victory 2....but now I just do not see it whatsoever.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Beni, make one thing clear to me: DS will have access to all the assets the inhabitants of his planets can provide? Cause all of a sudden, he has all the Geonosian Hives and even Acklays fighting for him. If that's the case, fine, I'll have Terentateks, all the Massassis of the Empire, not just the ones from Yavin.

As for the scenarios. With Grievous, my forces don't even have to look for the factories on Geonosis, the attacks will be right at the targets, a quick swip, which is essential, as UB needs to cease the droids production as quick as possible. To be honest, DS was very unlucky I have Grievous on my side, that probably was a major setback to their plains, and he'll probably be the greatest responsible if UB wins this.

And to be honest, I don't think Malgus will want to destroy the factories on Geonosis. He is too smart for that. By taking then, he'll bolster the droid productions immensely. And if HK-01 begins the hacking, which is inevitable, better on, it'll be one less ally for DS. It'll not take long for DS to track him down and put an end to him. Ventress can easily take care of him alone, but Durge can go along, in case there's some guard with him.

After Geonosis is taken, HK-01 is destroyed, DS's planets will fall one by one, there's no way out for them. And to think GO-TO will be able to hide forever, with no resources, is being too optimistic.

The only way DS can win is by massing all it's forces on Geonosis to prevent the loss of the planet, which would leave everything else unguarded, or a direct attack on Malgus. But with DS has no single individual who can do this, to kill the Sith Lord, they'll need an army, not a strike team, and I doubt they'll be able to spare such force when tehy are being attack from all sides by UB forces.

Beni, make one thing clear to me: DS will have access to all the assets the inhabitants of his planets can provide? Cause all of a sudden, he has all the Geonosian Hives and even Acklays fighting for him. If that's the case, fine, I'll have Terentateks, all the Massassis of the Empire, not just the ones from Yavin.

As for the scenarios. With Grievous, my forces don't even have to look for the factories on Geonosis, the attacks will be right at the targets, a quick swip, which is essential, as UB needs to cease the droids production as quick as possible. To be honest, DS was very unlucky I have Grievous on my side, that probably was a major setback to their plains, and he'll probably be the greatest responsible if UB wins this.

And to be honest, I don't think Malgus will want to destroy the factories on Geonosis. He is too smart for that. By taking then, he'll bolster the droid productions immensely. And if HK-01 begins the hacking, which is inevitable, better on, it'll be one less ally for DS. It'll not take long for DS to track him down and put an end to him. Ventress can easily take care of him alone, but Durge can go along, in case there's some guard with him.

After Geonosis is taken, HK-01 is destroyed, DS's planets will fall one by one, there's no way out for them. And to think GO-TO will be able to hide forever, with no resources, is being too optimistic.

The only way DS can win is by massing all it's forces on Geonosis to prevent the loss of the planet, which would leave everything else unguarded, or a direct attack on Malgus. But with DS has no single individual who can do this, to kill the Sith Lord, they'll need an army, not a strike team, and I doubt they'll be able to spare such force when tehy are being attack from all sides by UB forces.

You're not Utilizing Ventress well enough. She was an exceptional infiltrator, She'd probably be able to take out G0-T0 himself...

Does G0-T0 Get G0-T0's yacht?

It was my understanding that he doesn't. But the Exchange, the DS's supplier, can purchase stealth technology and outfit a ship with it. Maybe the Stinger, Guri's personal ship that was part of the Black Sun Navy?

Before anyone quotes Beni's personal tech rule, I didn't get Cronal's star destroyer, and G0-T0's yacht is just as powerful...

Perhaps, not sure how expensive the Stealth Tech is, and how hard it is to find...

The only way DS can win is by massing all it's forces on Geonosis to prevent the loss of the planet, which would leave everything else unguarded...

Speaking of leaving things unguarded, who, exactly, is guarding the UB planets?

The Black Sun Navy were masters of piracy and raiding techniques. When all of the UB's forces leave to attack Geonosis, the DS could easily send in a small portion of its fleet and the Terror Units to utterly destroy the UB worlds.

Not exactly, you only ever see two Interdictors but you never see any more than 6-7 Republic vessels. I assume other battles were going on elsewhere.