After all the stages of grief, the final one is...

johnnyreece

...acceptance. I hung with my sorc after the 1.2 double-dip nerf, through the bubble-stun OP'ness, back to where we are now. I refuse to take it to 2.4, though. Got an operative for heals, and just started a marauder (ironically, also got a PT to 55 in time to be nerfed). I was plenty ticked by the responses, and expressed my anger (one of the stages). I was in denial for a while, thinking after the outpouring of anger this weekend, thinking maybe they'd listen.

So, my poor sorc is sitting on the shelf while I try to gear my operative and level my marauder. 2.4, here we come. :rolleyes: At least this gives me an excuse to try some more of the story.

Well, the warrior story's pretty damned fun, so you have that to look forward to. I've been refocusing on my marauder over the weekend and have to say that so far at 36, Carnage is pretty fun and will likely be my spec of choice at 55. Seeing 1200+ Force Scream crits on elites in Boarding Party is pretty awesome.

I have all 16 classes to 50+. My Sentinel will make 55 in the next couple of days and she's capped on ranked and regular commendations. My Scoundrel and Operative Healers are 55 and in Partisan now. Finally, my Guardian tank is 55. I'm fully FOTM-ready. My main Sage, will still be supreme however. After all, she can heal to full.

the final one is... sadness.

I guess I'm forced to accept that Bioware has a point of view that defies certain logic. The hybrid tax is part of the foundation of their class balancing philosophy. This tax renders hybrids invalid as dps choices for serious progression raiding. It's sad that the logical choice is to bring pure dps classes to fulfill dps roles. The parses don't lie. Challenging content demands that you squeeze out as much dps as possible, why bring an advanced class that's designed to put out smaller numbers?

It seems logical that all advanced classes should be able to put out the same amount of damage if on equal gear levels. But they don't. Crazy that their design philosophy at the highest end game pve raiding makes all but 2 advanced classes inferior.

Bring the class, not the player. amirite.

Bring the class, not the player. amirite.

I couldn't disagree more.

But its no secret all other things being equal Snipers/Mara's will out DPS on many of the fights. Exceptional players will provide enough DPS on almost any toon with any advanced class, its all about the player.

I couldn't disagree more.

But its no secret all other things being equal Snipers/Mara's will out DPS on many of the fights. Exceptional players will provide enough DPS on almost any toon with any advanced class, its all about the player.

This is a good point in arena on the PTS a group from Drama running a full FoTY of Jug/2 Rage Maras/Op were like 100-1 till they ran into Casuals Jug/2 Lightning Sorc/Op comp which beat them a few times. Granted these are exceptional players but just to back up your point.

However I don't see anyway BW fully balances the classes and there will be some tax on those of us that don't play a Sniper or Mara. However if you are unbiased it's clear Mara, in particular rage, is to strong with auto crit smash, obliterate out of roots plus D CDs. It's too bad BW won't do something about it as it will turn off the players from arena when most comps will be the FoTM comps due to easy of success and without cross server queues arenas will lose a lot of players who would queue.

It's clear to me BW has a preception problem they just don't care to acknowledge which is sad for those of us that want the game to succeed and have exciting diverse arena matches.

Sorry for going off topic :)

...acceptance. I hung with my sorc after the 1.2 double-dip nerf, through the bubble-stun OP'ness, back to where we are now. I refuse to take it to 2.4, though. Got an operative for heals, and just started a marauder (ironically, also got a PT to 55 in time to be nerfed). I was plenty ticked by the responses, and expressed my anger (one of the stages). I was in denial for a while, thinking after the outpouring of anger this weekend, thinking maybe they'd listen.

So, my poor sorc is sitting on the shelf while I try to gear my operative and level my marauder. 2.4, here we come. :rolleyes: At least this gives me an excuse to try some more of the story.

I am in the same boat with you, stuck with this class so long... But like u I finally went the marauder route always told myself I would never play the overpowered classes but here I am about to make 1 my main. Will probably try and make annihilation or combat work well so I have a challenge.

I am in the same boat with you, stuck with this class so long... But like u I finally went the marauder route always told myself I would never play the overpowered classes but here I am about to make 1 my main. Will probably try and make annihilation or combat work well so I have a challenge.

Carnage is enjoyable so far at 38 because of proc and burst management. Much more fun than Vengeance, which surprises me, but not as fun as Lightning. Annihilation is just dull, imo. Maintain Deadly Saber bleeds and Juyo stacks and watch stuff tick.

The only decision that makes sense for me is this : To stay away from PvP with my Sage - and from OPs mostly as well.

If only the Sage's story wasn't so so ... uneventful ... I'm in the middle of Chapter 1 and all I can do is going out to find people ... Sad ... :(

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

They are a fun class to play but I don't do it myself for the lolsmash. I do not fault those that do though. If the devs are going to allow it why not exploit it. My mara is at 55 and I have only ever tried Carnage and Annihilation leveling and for endgame. I just recently switched back to carnage after being anni for about 20 levels or so and I am pretty happy with the spec. However I have to say sorc has been and always will be my favorite AC. I've played the rest and while I do enjoy playing them they just aren't my style. After all I like to make people pay for trying to kill me.