The Star Wars label is definantly sustaining this game right now

MercArcher

Merc Archer is a troll/paid-off poster. Already made other similar threads. It's so obvious lol.

I am neither a troll, nor paid. I am a concerned top end player trying to get the flaws in the game fixed. The forums are the place to post criticism of the game to try to get the game improved.

I'm already 50, progressing through end game and that is when the flaws really start to come out.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but even star wars can only last so long. Drastic improvements need to be done fast to the UI, combat, and the addition of standard MMO features (combat log, target of target, macros, mouseover heals) before the star wars novelty runs is course and the game crashes.

Translation: I don't like this game.

*cries

Ps target of target is in the game. Get better at it.

Edited by Inhalcator

but even star wars can only last so long. Drastic improvements need to be done fast to the UI, combat, and the addition of standard MMO features (combat log, target of target, macros, mouseover heals) before the star wars novelty runs is course and the game crashes.

Yes...please keep all the things you just listed....far far away from this game, they would only make it worse....this game is not focused on end game but instead on good story telling and a great attempt at immersion in an MMO. All the things you want imply that end game is all about raiding...you don't need any of it to enjoy a good story and small group content.

Yes...please keep all the things you just listed....far far away from this game, they would only make it worse....this game is not focused on end game but instead on good story telling and a great attempt at immersion in an MMO. All the things you want imply that end game is all about raiding...you don't need any of it to enjoy a good story and small group content.

except that story eventually finishes... unless ou're expecting tons of content additions the game will get old really fast. As wow now has. they need dynamic game changing.

I never mentioned wow, but now that you bring it up

On launch WoW had

Combat Log

Target of Target

Macros

Scaleable UI

Mouseover healing

Addons

And once again...none of the things you listed...make a bit of a difference. Could care less if any of that is implemented. Id much rather have them spend time to come up with story continuation for all the characters, than all this nonsense.

Well, hate to break your bubble, but this game will be all about raiding. I'm already there, my guild is already there, we're already clearing raids, and the game has quite the rich end game experience, and more and more people are getting there every day.

Using macros to optimize your key bindings leads to quicker reaction times, and more accurate play.

It also turns a VIDEO GAME into a part time job.....i want to play...not sit there setting up macros...add ons....all that stuff. And for what? There really is no reason for them.

Nope.

I'm enjoying this game, and I've enjoyed countless games without these features (or perceived improvements).

It also turns a VIDEO GAME into a part time job.....i want to play...not sit there setting up macros...add ons....all that stuff. And for what? There really is no reason for them.

Ok, well no one is stoping you from grouping with similar minded people and doing that. That's what guilds are for. Virtually everything I do is completely done with my guild.

Well, hate to break your bubble, but this game will be all about raiding. I'm already there, my guild is already there, we're already clearing raids, and the game has quite the rich end game experience, and more and more people are getting there every day.

The game launched...yesterday.

I find no issues at all. UI is fine, I don't need any mouse over heals, I can heal effectively without (you need to adjust and adapt or don't play a healer), Mark target and there is no need for target of target, if you can look you will be able to see what mob is being targeted. Macros are for the lazy. One naga Mouse and you need nothing else.

These things you ask for were at one time never standard, and yet people were still able to play and raid. Imagine EQ no raid frames for addons to help heal, you actually had to click on the person to heal and then heal.

Not having this is not game breaking, not having this is actually getting people to not be lazy and pay attention. Personally I'd rather have someone along my side with skills then being lazy and letting these things be controlled in another manner.

except that story eventually finishes... unless ou're expecting tons of content additions the game will get old really fast. As wow now has. they need dynamic game changing.

Well that depends....with 8 different storylines in the game already, that's about a year of playtime. Quite a lot of stuff. Unless of course you play 40 hours a week...but story based MMO to me means casual approach mmo, aka KOTOR3;

Using macros to optimize your key bindings leads to quicker reaction times, and more accurate play.

Leaves less time to adapt and adjust to any given situation, especially if something changes yet you are locked into a macro, which equals less reaction time.

Macros are not great as most people make them to be.

gee, if it has such a rich end game experience, maybe you don't need all that data analysis to enjoy it.

I usually leave the spreadsheets for work and keep the fun factor for my entertainment, but that's me.

The problem I have with your post is you imply failure on BW's part where none exist. No combat log doesn't break the game. No DPS meter doesn't break the game. Min-maxing is not necessary for a great game-play experience. Its necessary for YOU to have fun. I just hope people understand the difference. Its really all about you, not the game.

Besides, these features will be in. Its just a matter of time. I give them more time than the first 24 hours of launch day.

Let's not forget the past so quickly. WoW didn't have the cherry on the cake in its first 24 hours of infancy, either, as many have pointed out.

Well that remains to be seen..none of the updates came out yet, so we really do not know what it will focus on primarily. I just do not see story based MMO focus more on raiding than story. In the end I realize that its all about MMO vs Single Player mindset. And im very hopeful that this game will continue to attract people who were Single Players before, and stays away from mainstream MMO tricks. Raiding for me = 0, a horribly boring concept. I'd much rather have them work on the story, do not mind waiting on updates.

That's what I took from Bioware marketing efforts anyways, continuing to approach end game the same exact way as any other mmo....well...why not play other mmo than?