The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Woodland Varactyl: Complaints and possible solutions.

NewserCoull

Yea, I know. There are most-likely a bunch of pots about this but here's what I gotta say.

First, for you people who put them on the GTN, lower the gosh darn prices! I know they're Super Rare but come on, just because you have it doesn't mean you can immediately demand 6-25million credits for it. Put them up for 400-800 thousand credits. Make it fair. Unless if you're a greedy player who thinks just because they have a varactyl to sell they have the power. Next, make it easier to get the Woodland Varactyl for everyone, Bioware. I bought a bunch if singular packs and one hypercrate and got NOTHING-meaning no varactyl mount. If you want to keep people in your game, don't put something epic in and make it nearly impossible to get. Because people will get pissed about it, complain, then leave. So bottom line: lower the prices for the varactyl, and make it easier to get.

Hi.

Most people spent way more than 500-800k credits for packs for the mount.

Actually, taking a look last night at the first run of prices of all of the stuff I got in the packs, I actually lost 1m vs if I just sold the packs at 320k each. And I even got that mount - and that calc was counting the mount at 5m.

As long as there is the demand, people will pay 4-6m for the mount. That's about 12 days or less worth of makeb and czerka dailies on one toon. Would you farm for an hour a day for less than 2 weeks for that mount?

just because you have it doesn't mean you can immediately demand 6-25million credits for it.

Actually...in a free market economy, it does. It totally does.

Put them up for 400-800 thousand credits. Make it fair.

Fair has nothing to do with it. It's simple supply and demand: supply is short, demand is high, they're pricing at what they think people will be willing to pay for it to maximize their profit.

Unless if you're a greedy player who thinks just because they have a varactyl to sell they have the power.

Since you want what they have...they do.

I bought a bunch if singular packs and one hypercrate and got NOTHING-meaning no varactyl mount.

I'm pretty sure you got something out of those packs--they're guaranteed N items. Just because you didn't get what you want, doesn't mean it was 'nothing'.

Also, this seems to indicate you have no grasp on how the packs work. It's gambling. You lost.

If you want to keep people in your game, don't put something epic in and make it nearly impossible to get.

Every single pack, there is a woodland varactyl--Revan's Mask, the Throne speeders, the Pocket Sarlaac, etc. Every time, there are people like you who spend fistfuls of money to buy the packs and then complain and threaten to quit because you didn't get what you want.

I'll let you in on a secret: a lot of times, if you just wait, and don't have to get the Shiny New Toy RIGHT NOW, you'd be able to get it for a lot cheaper, with credits, on the GTN. Sure, the price on the varactyl is 6-7 million right now, but jeez, they just unbound last night. The price is always insane on the popular items in the first 24 hours.

Wait a week or two and the price will likely come down some. May still not be as cheap as you feel you can dictate, but it'll probably be cheaper.

Fair has nothing to do with it. It's simple supply and demand: supply is short, demand is high, they're pricing at what they think people will be willing to pay for it to maximize their profit.

Since you want what they have...they do.

I'm pretty sure you got something out of those packs--they're guaranteed N items. Just because you didn't get what you want, doesn't mean it was 'nothing'.

Also, this seems to indicate you have no grasp on how the packs work. It's gambling. You lost.

Every single pack, there is a woodland varactyl--Revan's Mask, the Throne speeders, the Pocket Sarlaac, etc. Every time, there are people like you who spend fistfuls of money to buy the packs and then complain and threaten to quit because you didn't get what you want.

I'll let you in on a secret: a lot of times, if you just wait, and don't have to get the Shiny New Toy RIGHT NOW, you'd be able to get it for a lot cheaper, with credits, on the GTN. Sure, the price on the varactyl is 6-7 million right now, but jeez, they just unbound last night. The price is always insane on the popular items in the first 24 hours.

Wait a week or two and the price will likely come down some. May still not be as cheap as you feel you can dictate, but it'll probably be cheaper.

I was expecting someone like you to show up, so let me clear a few things: One, when i said i got nothing, did you not see the dash after it saying "meaning the varactyl mount"? Next, i know it's a gambling thing an i lost,

Last, i wasn't talking about or threatening about anything or about myself leaving the game, i love this game and there are very few things that bother me about it, so i would never leave.

My suggestion would be to take it out of the pack and make it a stand-alone purchasable mount in the cartel market, more accessable to everyone, and since it would undoubtedly cost alot more CC than a pack, it would make EA even more money.

I like the idea of having it removed and be made a single item on the market, they've done it with mounts before.

Well I bought one hypercrate and got two of the things luckily I saw what they looked like and didnt like them so sold them both for 3.5mil each sure expensive but was still 2 mil cheaper than what anyone else was doing. Cant beat the Tauntaun. Edited by Locksley

Sorry to say and not to be rube but i think you are just being whiney.... My husband and i purchased between hypercrates and individual packs, a total of 95 packs... no veractyl.....

We are not complaining... That is the risk you take when buying packs.. as for those that are putting them up high price.... well people pay that much for them.. supply and demand..

Yep. Free market economy. Where did that take us in the last three years again? ^^

Don't mean to sound communist, but more people putting fairness before personal gain would make this world a better place than the news show you it is. Kinda stupid though to expect this to happen in an MMO's marketplace, but one can always dream...

Yea, I know. There are most-likely a bunch of pots about this but here's what I gotta say.

First, for you people who put them on the GTN, lower the gosh darn prices! I know they're Super Rare but come on, just because you have it doesn't mean you can immediately demand 6-25million credits for it. Put them up for 400-800 thousand credits. Make it fair.

Seriously? Too expensive? Don't buy it..

I was expecting someone like you to show up, so let me clear a few things: One, when i said i got nothing, did you not see the dash after it saying "meaning the varactyl mount"? Next, i know it's a gambling thing an i lost,

Not actually gambling. None of your packs were empty. They all had exactly what you were promised they would have: 1 or 2 rares, a chance at a super-rare (medical table debacle notwithstanding), etc.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I bought 2 Hypercrates and no Varactyl. Yes I really wanted one and was inevitably shocked that out of all those boxes no happy little green dragon. I did get a lot of new gear that looked cool. Some of it I knew other people would like more than I did. So I offered to trade it for a Varactyl, and no luck. Finally I put some of it on the gtn and sold some of it through direct person to person sales from meeting and talking with people in ops. Then I ran dailies on one character and saved up. Today I freed one Woodland Varactyl from the chains of the gtn.

Yep. Free market economy. Where did that take us in the last three years again? ^^

Don't mean to sound communist, but more people putting fairness before personal gain would make this world a better place than the news show you it is. Kinda stupid though to expect this to happen in an MMO's marketplace, but one can always dream...

One thing is profiteering off of people's *needs*, and quite another is exploiting their *wants*. Stims, adrenals, entry-level mods, nice-looking shells, middle-class speeders - what people *need* - is very accessible.

As far as luxury is concerned, it should cost as much as people are willing to pay for it.

Edited by Helig

I just got one and I wouldn't even consider selling it for 800,000 credits. What a waste. I'll go up in two days for 5 million credits, and it'll sell.

P.S. Nobody's leaving the game just because they didn't get a varactyl.

Edited by Caelrie

First, for you people who put them on the GTN, lower the gosh darn prices! I know they're Super Rare but come on, just because you have it doesn't mean you can immediately demand 6-25million credits for it. Put them up for 400-800 thousand credits. Make it fair. Unless if you're a greedy player who thinks just because they have a varactyl to sell they have the power. Next, make it easier to get the Woodland Varactyl for everyone, Bioware. I bought a bunch if singular packs and one hypercrate and got NOTHING-meaning no varactyl mount. If you want to keep people in your game, don't put something epic in and make it nearly impossible to get. Because people will get pissed about it, complain, then leave. So bottom line: lower the prices for the varactyl, and make it easier to get.

QQ... Dont listen to this idiot. Rare things are what keep this game going! If everyone has one it sucks, and the fact that you had to open a bunch of packs and didnt get any, but you want other people to sell them for 400k doesnt make sense? If they spent money on a bunch of packs to get one why would they sell it for cheep. Plus I got my mount for 3mil and thats not bad at all. Maybe you should make some more credits instead of waisting your time crying about it!

After reading my post it sounded a little mean. Thats not how I meant to come across. I just think it is very important to put things that are super rare and hard to get in the game. people that have a 100mil credz laying around should be rewarded with something no one else can afford!

Well, it took me 48 crates to get one, so if you really want either **** and buy it on the GTN, or go spend some more money on the Cartel Market. If people weren't spending 6 mil on it, the price would lower, so since that hasn't happened, looks like you're in the minority and need to start doing dailies.

I guess the packs are working as intended. It's just like buying pokemon cards and nothing is guaranteed. I already learned a long time ago not to spend real life money on packs. The focus of putting worthwhile stuff in packs and reskins as stand alone purchases is annoying. I so feel that me being a loyal sub since launch isn't worth anything. It feels as if it's all about getting people to do the impulse buying every new pack.