Emergency Medical Table?

ShenLongKazama

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully that "solution" brings about some compensation not just a fix to the packs.

How exactly to you compensate /random?

Besides.. you already got your two rares and a chance at a super rare in each pack you opened..right?

Edited by Andryah

@Icebergy No offense to but if your stupid enough to not look in the collections too see all the items offered then it's your fault. Open your collections go to the pack and it will show in there that the table is in there. Not to mention the obvious fact that a bioware employe just stated that it's a bug.

Link to the bioware post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=674334

@Andryah That would be true if it's random then just like I didn't get a vractyl that's my problem I gambled and lost. But the fact of the matter is that it's BUGGED and therefore impossible to get. Which means I'm not getting a chance at a item that I payed for.

And i'm not asking for a free item I'm saying let me spend the certificates/rep that I got from packs to get a item that I should have gotten if I was lucky enough.

Edited by Deathen_Shada

@Icebergy No offense to but if your stupid enough to not look in the collections too see all the items offered then it's your fault. Open your collections go to the pack and it will show in there that the table is in there. Not to mention the obvious fact that a bioware employe just stated that it's a bug.

One, don't call someone stupid when you don't even know the difference between your and you're.

Two, it is still NOT in the OFFICIAL preview.

Three, saying 'no offense' and then calling someone stupid is still...wait for it... OFFENSIVE.

Edited by Icebergy

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130819

No table listed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151651908763860.1073741834.28984808859&type=3

No table pictured.

If you bought a pack based on datamining, it is your own fault.

Seeing as it was listed in the collections window IN GAME. That BW Employee setup. It was supposed to be in pack. I don't really care about the table myself but I always go through the collections on every new pack and preview armor sets and look at whats available in the packs. Not once was an item in collections and not in a pack... until the EMT. I probably would have gotten one in the 3 hypercrates I opened so far... but I don't care as I didn't want one and it let me fill armor sets and mounts I did want more quickly. That said, they should do something to allow people to purchase with cartel market certificates, seems fair to me.

Obviously BW made a mistake, but I don't understand why people are saying they need compensation.

1. Let's be honest, no one bought 100 packs just because they wanted the EMT. If you'd only wanted that item, you would always have been better buying it from GTN. Buying packs/hypercrates for one item is never sensible.

2. There's no guarantee that you would have gotten the table even if it had been included. You can never know. So even though clearly BW made a mistake in that it was stated in Collections that the EMT was in the packs, even if the table WAS in the packs and WAS super common, you STILL may not have gotten it. That's just how packs work.

So, BW made a mistake, they apologised, but as far as I am concerned, they can just put it in the next lot of packs and update Collections. I have already bought several hypercrates of these packs, but I don't feel cheated in any way. There are plenty of common items in these packs that I still haven't gotten, but I understood how packs worked when I bought them. I think everyone else did too.

Maybe the compensation is that it will be pretty cheap on the reputation vendor, so people who just bought the packs for this can have it, while others who don't mind might get it in the future also out of another pack?

I feel some sort of compensation is required and that is a great. I bought two hypercrates and some regular packs for a chance to obtain one of the BEST items available and also showcased on the pack and I was not provided that chance.

The release of cartel packs is a high value event with lots of anticipation. The amount of bugs found during the release of these new types of packs seems to be increasing with each release. Some bugs are still around from previous packs!

Now it is almost out of control. Items can not be placed on cartel market, multiple clipping issue and graphical errors, mount noise carrying like the tauntaun was, items not included in pack.

HOW can all this happen.

These folks cranking out this content are professionals, is it silly to expect professional results?

Edited by KarmaForce
Missed color

Obviously BW made a mistake, but I don't understand why people are saying they need compensation.

1. Let's be honest, no one bought 100 packs just because they wanted the EMT. If you'd only wanted that item, you would always have been better buying it from GTN. Buying packs/hypercrates for one item is never sensible.

2. There's no guarantee that you would have gotten the table even if it had been included. You can never know. So even though clearly BW made a mistake in that it was stated in Collections that the EMT was in the packs, even if the table WAS in the packs and WAS super common, you STILL may not have gotten it. That's just how packs work.

So, BW made a mistake, they apologised, but as far as I am concerned, they can just put it in the next lot of packs and update Collections. I have already bought several hypercrates of these packs, but I don't feel cheated in any way. There are plenty of common items in these packs that I still haven't gotten, but I understood how packs worked when I bought them. I think everyone else did too.

Bioware said it would be in the packs and it showed to be in the packs but it wasn't. That's their error. As soon as we paid cartel coins for the pack, they're obliged to give us a chance per pack to get that item. It's basically a simple contract. You don't go buy a tv and when they say, " oh sorry, we erroneously omitted a part that now makes the tv not work." just then say ok, that's fine. No, you bring it back and demand a new one. It's a purchase promise that we would have a chance and the only way to actually make up for it is by giving compensation. The compensation must be so that there's equally as much chance to get the table as there should have been from the start.

So BW, you messed up, deal with it and give us what we deserve and quick if you could.

+1 on this. If you really bought 100 crates for the table, you are either incredibly stupid or lying. If you are buying packs by the hundreds, stop and see a shrink. You have an impulse control problem. If you don't get what you want you either sell stuff you don't want and buy what you do, or trade it on Fleet. If you are really outraged by the omission, make an appointment with a shrink... TODAY! You have anger management issues. Get some Prozac and you will feel better.

Get a grip people, if you are just chiming in, please read Amber's post. If you still insist on posting, just be aware that most rational people will just think your complaining just to complain. You think you look like THIS GUY, but really you are just like THIS GUY.

There's no way anyone can prove they bought packs just for the chance to get the table. Sure, they claim that now, in the hopes of getting some sort of refund. And what about people who bought packs and resold them? Clearly they didn't buy those packs in the hopes of getting a table.

However, BWEA should, in the interest of good customer relations, do something (which they say they are going to do). And see Thylbanus' post.

I bought the packs for a chance to get a table. They said it's in those packs so I expect to have a chance at one. If they haven't got them within the packs it's wrongful advertisement and can lead to hefty fines, I will be waiting on their response before I take further action.

Ah - the old "further action" post, I was waiting for one of those.

The "further action" you'll take if the official final response to all this is not exactly what you want to hear will be absolutely nothing - as was the case every single time somebody has posted "I will take action".

The final response to all this will NOT be to everyone's liking. In fact it will please very few people.

I'd prepare for the worst and then decide if you're going to keep on playing the game or not rather than get yourself worked up.

I bought the packs for a chance to get a table. They said it's in those packs so I expect to have a chance at one. If they haven't got them within the packs it's wrongful advertisement and can lead to hefty fines, I will be waiting on their response before I take further action.

Indeed. I got all items i wanted except the table who was supposed to be included in the packs. So i hope they make it available for a limited time, or making it buyable through certificates.

Because people have spent real money for even a chance to get something and then discovering they had no chance at all. Thats why people should be given some form of compensation.

1. Let's be honest, you don't know what peoples intentions were when they bought the packs. Some people may have bought the packs just for the table. I know some people who bought packs just for the mount. Therefore your first point is invalid.

2. Random chance means you have a chance. In this case, there was no chance you could get the table, because they weren't even in the boxes, because Bioware didnt put them in.

BW made a mistake, people spent real money, therefore the people need to be compensated. I find it amazing how you can defend them and sit there and say "oh well put it in the next pack". What if people only put money into this pack just to get the table? You expect them to put more money for the next packs after being conned the first time?

So what if you don't feel cheated? Doesn't mean everyone else feels the same as you.

ROTHFLMFAO!

I love these guys. Impotent rage at it's finest. You know what a lawyer will do when you ask him to litigate over this? He's going to give you a sucker and tell you to go find your parents. If some lawyer is so foolish as to accept this, the EA legal department will show this inexperienced idiot what it takes to prowl the legal waters.

1. Let's be honest, you don't know what peoples intentions were when they bought the packs. Some people may have bought the packs just for the table. I know some people who bought packs just for the mount. Therefore your first point is invalid.

Let's be honest HERE, if you were only looking for ONE thing, you don't buy packs. That's like saying I'm buying this patch of land covered in clover to get the 4 leaf variety. You simply buy one from the GTN. If you are willing to spend serious money for one specific super rare item in a gambling pack, you deserve to be taken. Ever heard: The House always wins?

BW made a mistake, people spent real money, therefore the people need to be compensated. I find it amazing how you can defend them and sit there and say "oh well put it in the next pack". What if people only put money into this pack just to get the table? You expect them to put more money for the next packs after being conned the first time?

Because you ARE going to buy the next pack, don't pretend like you aren't. If they put it in as an extra, doesn't count against the pack, at the same rate of drop that it should have had, it will be fine. Or even remove it entirely from the mix and put it up for sale in the reputation vendor at Hero level, would be an option as well.

So what if you don't feel cheated? Doesn't mean everyone else feels the same as you.

Probably the smartest thing said about this.

Yes, it is completely reasonable to feel cheated. It is the level of cheated that is in debate. On a scale of 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, anyone over 2 will be disappointed with BioWare's response to this. And there will surely be some vile, hate laden posts after the response. BioWare CSRs, I know you don't here this from me often, but I'm sorry for what they are going to say. This is just like what happens in any service field, once the blood gets in the water, the sharks will respond. A lot of people will have their hands out, even if they didn't want it to begin with.

All I can say is:

In no way, shape, or form should we get it for free.

The people who don't feel like they should be compensated please just stop posting in this thread I mean if you don't care then stop bashing other people who do care. On the other hand I can fully say that I didn't buy packs just for the table, but I would have liked a chance at getting it. But I didn't get that chance which is the problem here. In no way shape or form should we all get it for free, or a refund of the packs because I did get alot of other neat stuff. That being said the best way Bioware I'm telling you to solve this problem is too put this item in the reputation vendor at hero level and have it cost X certificates. That way if you did buy packs then hey you had a "chance" at certificates just like you had a "chance" at the table, which in my opinion would be perfectly fair.