Conqueror Cost

Eugee

When you buy a piece of Conqueror gear, is the required Partisan piece destroyed/spent, or do you just have to own it, but get to keep it? I'm assuming it's destroyed when you buy the ranked piece, but there's a facet of that which really, really sucks.

You lose your attached augment kits.

Yes, you can pull the mods out and put them in something else... but what if you LIKE the Partisan armor look?

If you like the look of the partisan gear but want to upgrade to conqueror, you'll have to rebuy the partisan piece afterwards because yes, the shell (and whatever mods are still in it) are spent to acquire the conqueror piece.

My advice to you at the moment from my limited understanding of your current position is this. Min/Max with the partisan gear and augment it all. Don't buy any conqueror pieces until 2.4 when you'll be able to buy them at current partisan prices and without needing partisan shells to trade in.

Then you'll have cheap conqueror mods to put in your sexy augmented partisan gear that you like.

If you can wait that long- min maxed partisan is better and cheaper than standard conqueror anyway.

Edited by ausmisc

Yeah, you understand where I'm at. The question was really regarding getting ranked pieces, period. I'm still just going to collect my full Partisan set, and optimize it before 2.4. Then I'll start working on Conqueror.

But I know that eventually I'll be getting ranked pieces and I was just wondering if I should make sure I don't get attached to the trade-in set. :(

Yeah, you understand where I'm at. The question was really regarding getting ranked pieces, period. I'm still just going to collect my full Partisan set, and optimize it before 2.4. Then I'll start working on Conqueror.

But I know that eventually I'll be getting ranked pieces and I was just wondering if I should make sure I don't get attached to the trade-in set. :(

if you're planning for 2.4, I would suggest that you get full conqueror for all of the "trade-in" pcs now. reason being, you won't have to spend reg comms on that for 2.4. you can stockpile reg comms and convert them to ranked when 2.4 hits, which gives you approx 5.4k rated comms to spend instead of 4.5k.

if you're more concerned about maxing dps now, then min/maxing with partisan mods is a better compromise.

Dont ever wear pvp gear. Especially now with so much cool adaptive gear out. Then u only aug 1 slot unless u change your looks.

As far as planning for 2.4... full min max conq with all shells for trade and maxxed ranked and wz comms for day 1 Obroan buying. For me only possible on main.

For alts just do min max parti with couple pve pieces that bolster well. Conquere will b cheaper in 2.4. Plus Obroan is barely better again..

Man I'm surprised on how many people don't know about the best way to store coms in this game.

I'll explain this once more so all you guys can get ready for 2.4 like i will.

OK it goes like this:

Step 1: Buy ANY item that costs coms of any type.

Step 2: Hold onto item.

Step 3: Buy new item and sell back the old one before the two hour return for FULL refund runs out.

Step 4: PROFIT

To explain a little more. When you buy ANY item for ANYTHING you can sell it back and get a FULL refund, this allows you to save your coms TO ANY DEGREE. Also that two hours is INGAME TIME ONLY.

P.S. i have done this for my guys when lvling from 50 to 55 and having saved 14 (900 com weapons) thus giving me an extra 12,600 WZ coms to pend on a FULL set of Partisan gear when i get to 55. I also have done this before with lvling a character and saving all my coms till i hit 55, you can even save up for a FULL set of Conc gear if you so wish.

Edited by Soobydoo

Man I'm surprised on how many people don't know about the best way to store coms in this game.

I'll explain this once more so all you guys can get ready for 2.4 like i will.

OK it goes like this:

Step 1: Buy ANY item that costs coms of any type.

Step 2: Hold onto item.

Step 3: Buy new item and sell back the old one before the two hour return for FULL refund runs out.

Step 4: PROFIT

To explain a little more. When you buy ANY item for ANYTHING you can sell it back and get a FULL refund, this allows you to save your coms TO ANY DEGREE. Also that two hours is INGAME TIME ONLY.

P.S. i have done this for my guys when lvling from 50 to 55 and having saved 14 (900 com weapons) thus giving me an extra 12,600 WZ coms to pend on a FULL set of Partisan gear when i get to 55. I also have done this before with lvling a character and saving all my coms till i hit 55, you can even save up for a FULL set of Conc gear if you so wish.

Could you explain this a little more, so this allows us to save over the cap, but if you only get two hours to get your refund, how are you getting to 55 and getting more comms without the timer running out? Please elaborate, thanks!

We know that method. It's just too much of a pain in the ***.

To explain, the 2 hours is game time hours not real life hours. You keep cycling comms through items like that so you can refund them all at once in a few months. But if you screw up and pass the 2 hour mark you just bought a ton of useless gear.

Or you can man up, just play for fun, and buy the armor normally after 2.4 drops.

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm wondering to know if I have a full refoundable item bought (Conqueror for istance) with ranked comms will be refound in ranked or normal comms as the conqueror gear are avaible for normal comms in the 2.4,

does it makes sense?

Easyer:

Now buy a conq item with ranked comms, after patch the conq price is not more in ranked comms but in normal coms so it's really possible that I pay 3 and get back 1...

Hi I'm wondering to know if I have a full refoundable item bought (Conqueror for istance) with ranked comms will be refound in ranked or normal comms as the conqueror gear are avaible for normal comms in the 2.4,..

That is why you don't try to store comms on Conq gear, becase the Conq gear is only worth normal comms ion 2.4. Try something else that costs ranked comms, like pets. Always assuming BW don't pull a fast one and make the pets tradeable for buttons.

Ref another poster above: DO NOT buy Conq gear now. You will be able to buy Conq gear for normal comms after 2.4 in a week or so. Save the ranked comms for the new Obroan gear that will be selling for ranked comms in 2.4.

I'll admit I'm terrible at remembering to trade in pets though. I'm fully Conq geared so started getting a few with the comms I was makng as I PvPd, as I didn't like wasting (an imaginary currency that I wouldn't get to use, people are daft), and am now the proud owner of five lobelisks, only one of which is still tradeable (actually used one, so three wasted, which is 3000 ranked comms and 6000 normal down the garbage disposal). Not that I'm too bothered, I simply relate it reinforce that you really have to stay on top of the timers if you're going to bank comms on re-trading gear.