How is this Blood Red?

Reno_Tarshil

Maybe they meant Blood Orange. :D

Hahahaha!! ACE!

But yeah, it doesnt look particulary blood red. A good comparison would be to say that it looks to that other orange CC crystal what the razer crystal looks compared to the rakghoul event crystal, slightly dull'er but basically the same.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha!! ACE!

But yeah, it doesnt look particulary orange. A good comparison would be to say that it looks to that other orange CC crystal what the what the razer crystal looks compared to the rakghoul event crystal, slightly dull'er but basically the same.

My issue with it is it's called Blood Red but the coloring on it doesn't match the name and since Red is my favorite color, I feel strongly about it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151651910398860&set=a.10151651908763860.1073741834.28984808859&type=1&theater

That is not Red. That is Orange. Blood Red is a dark version of Red based of the dark red color of blood.

Tangerine Genocide, clearly.

This explains why they didn't post the images on the main website, though. People would have been able to question them more easily :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151651910398860&set=a.10151651908763860.1073741834.28984808859&type=1&theater

That is not Red. That is Orange. Blood Red is a dark version of Red based of the dark red color of blood.

Well , your blood is red because of the hemoglobine in it , but this is Star Wars ... SW blood is orange because of the midichlorians in it :p

Well , your blood is red because of the hemoglobine in it , but this is Star Wars ... SW blood is orange because of the midichlorians in it :p

Even if that were the case in the movies when someone would get dismembered by a light saber or shot the blood would be red.

While the color of it in the preview still isn't what I would call 'blood red' it's definitely a reddish color. I think the lighting in this planet is making it look...not how it typically looks. Lighting can change colors quite a bit, especially with the effects they have to put on the lightsabers to make them lightsabery.

The very first movie, bar scene with the arm. Unless Lucas went back in and removed that too /sigh

Dude.. that was Ketchup. The guy who lost the arm.. he had some on his sleeve before Obi Wan went Ginsu on him. :p

Edited by Andryah

Surprisingly enough it's a pretty hard task for me to find the color 'blood red' online.

But I'm pretty sure my blood has never looked orange. If it did that would be pretty worrying.

edit: http://desktoppub.about.com/od/choosingcolors/f/What-Color-Is-Blood-Red.htm

Using this color source.. the crystal actually looks closer to Crimson.. and I think it's close to what I see in preview.

Then again.. local lighting in this game messes with colors a lot. Which generally, I am fine with.. but a light saber.... wait for it.. EMITs LIGHT... and if anything it should be a light influencer, not be influenced by local light. It's a freaking light source, not a light sponge. Doh... got it.. these are nerf_lightsabers we are playing with.. no wonder! :p

Edited by Andryah

Dude.. that was Ketchup. The guy who lost the arm.. he had some on his sleeve before Obi Wan went Ginsu on him. :p

heh that reminds me of the Jimmy Fallon bit on Episode 3: "I see you got barbecue sauce on my bathrobe" "YOU HAVE DONE THAT YOURSELF"