How is this Blood Red?

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. I agree.

I think the key problem is that it's a dual color crystal with the primary being white and that just washes out the tint of the secondary color (which is more orange then what is used on the actual red crystals that are crafted... it looks like what would be bright_orange if they had that dye color in game). If that was their design intent.. then they picked a bad color name for the crystal.

If you preview a regular red crystal, that would be the real color of Blood Red. Same with almost all the crystal colors. If they resembled in game what they looked like in the preview screen, they would be a huge improvement.

Thing is, they use the colors they had during early beta for the preview screen, then used the new colors they switched out from the original in actual game. I think if they had left it alone to start with, their colors would all be more accurate.

Only colors that are in game that I like better than the preview are the purple, red and blue. Everything else looks better in the preview window, but using the red you see in the preview window, would be the blood red most people imagine when they hear the name, "Blood Red".

Edited by Wraiven

Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring these threads since Game Update 2.3.1 went live but refrained from posting until we had information to provide about the topic!

In an upcoming patch, the Blood Red color crystal will be renamed to something that more accurately describes the appearance. Additionally, we see your feedback about the desire for a crystal that is "redder" and will be taking that into account.

:ph_cheers:

Um can we get a cartel market ocean blue too or something?

If you preview a regular red crystal, that would be the real color of Blood Red. Same with almost all the crystal colors. If they resembled in game what they looked like in the preview screen, they would be a huge improvement.

Thing is, they use the colors they had during early beta for the preview screen, then used the new colors they switched out from the original in actual game. I think if they had left it alone to start with, their colors would all be more accurate.

Only colors that are in game that I like better than the preview are the purple, red and blue. Everything else looks better in the preview window, but using the red you see in the preview window, would be the blood red most people imagine when they hear the name, "Blood Red".

I was referring to the actual colors in the tooltip for the crystal itself. White Primary/Bright_Orange Secondary. They use a brighter orange secondary (then is used on red crystals) in conjunction with a white primary color. Which is fine by itself.. but then they call it Blood Red. :eek:

Edited by Andryah

Hi everyone,

We've been monitoring these threads since Game Update 2.3.1 went live but refrained from posting until we had information to provide about the topic!

In an upcoming patch, the Blood Red color crystal will be renamed to something that more accurately describes the appearance. Additionally, we see your feedback about the desire for a crystal that is "redder" and will be taking that into account.

Thank you for the response finally. I have some suggestions on the new name and what kind of Red crystal ideas I'd like to see.

New Name should be Vermillion, Cinnabar or Flame Red. The Crystal itself in-game has some red to it but still kinda orange so if you could keep Red in the name, that would be cool.

As for new Redder crystals I think these would work for our liking.

#1 Red with Black lining, which is an inverted Black-Red crystal.

#2 With Silver

#3 With White

#4 With Grey

I firmly believe if you did Red-Black, you would get lots of cartel pack buyers.

Okay not sure if they're still monitoring this thread or not...but I gotta ask:

Why not do a poll of some type, like what was done with the race option, for color crystals *we* want?

I'd also ask who made the decision to name that crystal "blood red" and why. I'm curious if I'm missing some sort of star wars lore somewhere.

What a joke of a response from the devs. I want this damn crystal to be blood red, not get scammed into trying to get an actual crystal that's blood red again.

You can't change the name of the crystal because you got the color wrong. You. Give us what was advertised, BLOOD RED. This amateur Work you folks keep putting out and not taking care of properly is ENOUGH

You can't change the name of the crystal

Not to be a buzz kill.. but you don't know they got the color wrong. The color could have been as intended (it's not a bad color for a crystal) and they just went nutty when it came time to name it. None of us know for sure.

Besides.. it's there game. They can do anything they want with digital content. Why? Because digital content in an MMO is delivered "as is". You don't have to like it.. but it's true. And hence, they can leave it alone, or change the name.

Besides.. they said they heard the feedback about wanting a real true red crystal in the CM and plan to address it sometime in the future.

Hi everyone,

Much thanks Amber!

Now if we could just get you to post in the voice modulation thread :D

Hi everyone,

We're not asking for a name change, we're asking for a color change.

I'm not, i love the color. However it really does need a more accurate name.

And if they make a proper darker/more solid red crystal in the future i'd be very happy with that because real red variations need more love imo.

Won't happen since some of the people actually like the present collor(or at least I think some people like it). The best thing would be to make an acutall blood red crystal and have it unlocked via collections or sent to people who had the original.

I wouldn't count on that tough.

Dear god. I applaud Bioware for actually answering in a thread like this. So what if its called Blood Red. Hurr durr..

Some of the things that people complain about...

We were complaining because it was called Blood Red and more of a Reddish-Orange. I was hoping for a color change to match the name but, they're going to rename it to something more accurate and have taken my desire for a proper red crystal on the CM into consideration.

What a joke of a response from the devs. I want this damn crystal to be blood red, not get scammed into trying to get an actual crystal that's blood red again.

You can't change the name of the crystal because you got the color wrong. You. Give us what was advertised, BLOOD RED. This amateur Work you folks keep putting out and not taking care of properly is ENOUGH

I really doubt you didn't see the color of the crystal before you went out and got one.

Seriously, with the fact that you can preview them in your collections.

Some people actually like the color of the crystal, it's just it doesn't make sense that it's called Blood Red.

Edited by Glumish

I really doubt you didn't see the color of the crystal before you went out and got one.

Some people actually like the color of the crystal, it's just it doesn't make sense that it's called Blood Red.

To be fair the in-game preview and cartel preview page are completely different from how it looks equipped on a lightsaber in-game in front of you.

It's not even a crystal I wanted, I'm happy with what I've got (the stuff that works). I had one in a pack and said too my self sweet Bloodred and when I did the preview, I also said ***.

I'm upset because they aren't fixing the problem, just covering it up. And, since they noticed how much we wanted a blood red crystal, they are going to consider adding it to the CM so folks have to BUY it

Hi everyone,

I wouldn't mind if you just called it blood orange and then actually had a more blood red color come out later.

It's not even a crystal I wanted, I'm happy with what I've got (the stuff that works). I had one in a pack and said too my self sweet Bloodred and when I did the preview, I also said ***.

I'm upset because they aren't fixing the problem, just covering it up. And, since they noticed how much we wanted a blood red crystal, they are going to consider adding it to the CM so folks have to BUY it

It's a bizness looking to make a profit. After the classic armor fiasco way back when, they don't wanna risk changing the look of something. So it's easier to re-name an error and release a proper item for later, while still making a profit.

It could be worse they could have not said or done anything at all.

Yeah because changing the look of it for everyone who likes the look currently is a sure way to fix the 'problem' and won't piss those people off.

You just don't get it do you? You're complaining just to complain.