leveling question

CoryCross

was moving right along with the story line until I hit level 25 then the mob went from 3 to 6 and I get demolished quick and can get no further into the story what's a good way to handle the big mobs i'm a jedi knight and very much newbie

was moving right along with the story line until I hit level 25 then the mob went from 3 to 6 and I get demolished quick and can get no further into the story what's a good way to handle the big mobs i'm a jedi knight and very much newbie

Level 25 suggests you have finished Nar Shaddaa.

Did you go to Alderaan (level 28-32) instead of Tatooine (level 24-28). (Your quest journal -- "L" key -- should indicate relative difficulty via color code, and each individual quest summary should state the recommended level.)

Also, make sure you are doing the planet quests and some side quests, flashpoints and/or warzones to keep up your level. If you only do the story questline you will end up underlevelled and have to stop and do some other quests/fps/wzs to catch up.

If your story quest is green, yellow or orange in the quest log you are ok - yellow is most ideal. If it's orange and you are having trouble, perhaps do some other things until it turns yellow to make it easier. If your story quest is red you are underlevelled and need to stop and do other things, else you will have a very tough time. If it's grey you have overlevelled it, and should go back and progress it some more.

Also make a note that the difficulty of the mobs jumps around that level as well. So if you just started Tattooine then be prepared for that increase. While they are still not that hard, you will find that your having to take a breather between fights more often compared to what you were on Nar Shadaa or any previous planets..

Another thing that tends to get overlooked is to make sure that your companion is geared up. Ideally, they should be in gear just as good as yours but while a little lower won't matter too much, if you haven't upgraded it since you got them (Coruscant if memory serves), you really need to get them better stuff. They really do make a difference, but almost everyone forgets about them the first couple of times through (I know I've certainly been guilty of that and, more then once! lol).

Hope that helps.

:)

Another thing that tends to get overlooked is to make sure that your companion is geared up. Ideally, they should be in gear just as good as yours but while a little lower won't matter too much, if you haven't upgraded it since you got them (Coruscant if memory serves), you really need to get them better stuff. They really do make a difference, but almost everyone forgets about them the first couple of times through (I know I've certainly been guilty of that and, more then once! lol).

Hope that helps.

:)

Not only your companion, but be sure you're keeping your gear upgraded as well. By tatt, u have to start playing strategically. Also, most planets have a "bonus series" of quest that offer good gear, mods, & usually an xp boost so don't forget about these