Corrupting others

Alefiend

I've made it nearly all the way through a Sith Sorcerer playthrough, and something occurred to me. Why don't darksiders have the chance to corrupt lightsiders?

In my Jedi Guardian playthrough, I redeemed somewhere between two and four Sith/Dark Jedi, enough that it started to feel trite. The dark side is supposed to be seductive and addictive, yet I can't even get my own apprentice Ashara to do much more than look for middle ground. What gives?

Tried the Sith Warrior?

Not yet. I suppose it's the mirror image of the Knight in story as well as abilities?

The shame of it is, the sorc I'm running is a healer, and the way I justify that for Sith in my mind is that she manipulates pleasure and pain. In short, she's kind of a BDSM seductress, and I would be much happier with that character doing the corrupting than some emo Sith beatstick (which I won't be getting around to playing for a long time).

Can't have everything, I guess. :rolleyes:

Story is different, abilities the same.

This topic has been discussed for a long time as the SI should be the one seducing people to the dark side.

If i remember correctly, you could turn 4/5 jedis to the dark side. But I won't spoil it any further for you.

I have long talked about this and even stopped cause the discussion was not getting any attention from the Devs or CM's. I have thought all along since I found out about certain story elements that this should be possible but done in the way of KOTOR 2's influence system. Say you have a person in your party who can be and will be Force Sensitive. Your level of influence or affection over them should dictate how they sway when it comes time to turn that character into your apprentice or padawan, what have you. I mean after all, you can not team up with someone for as long as these characters do and not have some sort of influence on each other right?

Not yet. I suppose it's the mirror image of the Knight in story as well as abilities?

The shame of it is, the sorc I'm running is a healer, and the way I justify that for Sith in my mind is that she manipulates pleasure and pain. In short, she's kind of a BDSM seductress, and I would be much happier with that character doing the corrupting than some emo Sith beatstick (which I won't be getting around to playing for a long time).

Can't have everything, I guess. :rolleyes:

The Sith warrior can corrupt one of his companions. But you should be able to corrupt as a Sith Inquisitor, mind you the Jedi consular should redeam one of his companions, it would fit in with the Consular story.

The problem with the Consular is that all it's companions are already light sided.

I still believe there should be a side switching somewhere in all class stories.

Ex: Consular turning to the dark side

Inquisitor turning to the light side.

Etc

The Sith Inquisitor is a brute, an unintelligent thug that just uses lightning to solve his or her problems. Ironically, the Inquisitor actually the character that is the victim of the most manipulations, despite the class being advertised as being modeled after Palpatine.

If you want to manipulate others and turn Jedi to the dark side, play the Sith Warrior. Where the Inquisitor is gullible, the Warrior is cunning.

Edited by Jenzali

I find it amusing that so many people think the Inquisitor isn't manipulative, or doesn't have the chance to seduce others with power.

There are plenty of times when you, as the Inquisitor, can go about things in a very cunning and manipulative way. One example of this is on Balmorra- you can trick a defector into helping you in exchange for his freedom, only to crush his dreams of leaving the empire in the palm of your hand. Your class quest on Alderaan is much the same- sure, you COULD just be a lightning rod and lightning your way through everything like an unstoppable force of nature... or, you could use the people around you to get what you want in a cruel plan to achieve your results with minimal effort. Honestly, I was kind of surprised by what's possible in the Inquisitor dialogue options, if you're sociopathic enough to figure out how to manipulate everybody.

Heck, most of the dialogue with Ashara is all about slowly subverting her values and turning her, even if she doesn't necessarily say she's Sith. It's a slow, subtle process, but it's there. The SW does have plenty of opportunities to do the same, but their moments are more up front and dramatic, compared to the Inquisitor whose manipulations are a little more subtle and require just a little more foresight.

I will admit, though, that the options for these manipulative plans aren't always the easiest to see the first time through an Inquisitor. Especially if you're the kind of player that only chooses dark side options, always, with no thought for context and what the other options might allow you to do.

Edited by disgruntledsith

I'm severely disappointed that the Sith Inquisitor doesn't get to corrupt Ashara Zavros completely. However, you are still very manipulative in regards to her...for the most part, but it isn't nearly as satisfying as what I've heard about the companion on the Sith Warrior. I want more than just the unimaginative option to "marry" my companion. I want to twist, and turn her ideals into something more, something that leads her to the Dark Side.

Really, it's a missed opportunity, especially considering they're designed after Palpatine.

I find it amusing that so many people think the Inquisitor isn't manipulative, or doesn't have the chance to seduce others with power.

There are plenty of times when you, as the Inquisitor, can go about things in a very cunning and manipulative way. One example of this is on Balmorra- you can trick a defector into helping you in exchange for his freedom, only to crush his dreams of leaving the empire in the palm of your hand. Your class quest on Alderaan is much the same- sure, you COULD just be a lightning rod and lightning your way through everything like an unstoppable force of nature... or, you could use the people around you to get what you want in a cruel plan to achieve your results with minimal effort. Honestly, I was kind of surprised by what's possible in the Inquisitor dialogue options, if you're sociopathic enough to figure out how to manipulate everybody.

Heck, most of the dialogue with Ashara is all about slowly subverting her values and turning her, even if she doesn't necessarily say she's Sith. It's a slow, subtle process, but it's there. The SW does have plenty of opportunities to do the same, but their moments are more up front and dramatic, compared to the Inquisitor whose manipulations are a little more subtle and require just a little more foresight.

I will admit, though, that the options for these manipulative plans aren't always the easiest to see the first time through an Inquisitor. Especially if you're the kind of player that only chooses dark side options, always, with no thought for context and what the other options might allow you to do.

You're pretty manipulative in your class quests, on Alderaan, and Balmorra, but it seriously slows down after that. Taris just had you focus on one big "use her for your own needs" storyline with Thana. I think it would have worked better if by the end of it, Ashara kills Thana for you, depending on your choices.

Now that would have been great.

Edited by Crowdorn