The 10 Rules of Marauders

xAraen

And how many people in that guild actually tank at all?

- - - -

Either way, good laugh, though I've just learned that 10 is actually 13. :D

Taunts have a cooldown, something people tend to forget. Therefor you are saving it, until you really need it.

Great OP, def thinking about rolling a mara now :D

Its the personally type.

After all whats more awesome than a lightsaber..................?

That's right, TWO lightsaber's.

Two blaster-pistols >>>>>>>>> all. (I think most Mara/Sents know this, which is why they do what they do: They're overcompensating for feeling inferior to our sheer style, panache, and élan :))

I have played this game on release for quite a while, maining a marauder and only recently came back. The very first thing I did with my cartel coins was buying a set of eradicator's and putting it on him, and I don't look back. You do not know the pain of being taunted by myriads of proper hooded robes on the other factions for months if you haven't been there.

I do plan to dress my Jedi in a fimilar fashion. Seriously. Just to confuse everyone. :D

Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.

Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.

Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.

Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.

Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.

Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.

Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%

Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you ;)

Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.

Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.

Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)

Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.

Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.

Rule #14 of Marauders: When fighting a boss that cast tons of skills be sure to yell at everyone else to interupt but remember its never your job to interupt them. If he cast it be sure to blame the tank for being a n00b.

These rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips ;)

BEST. EVER. <3---- a healer :)

This is why I hate OPs to a pretty good level, too many idiots who never bother to heal themselves between fights, and then blame the healers for not doing thier job.

As a Jugg/Powertech/Vanguard/Guardian, it gets heavily annoying having an idiot with double sabers aggroing everyone we had skipped intentionally, and then getting on us on why we aren't helping him, OR causing the complete annihilation of our group. Such as on Athiss leveling in lower levels, despite having two Marauders on our team, my Jugg and an Operative as the healer, the Marauders aggro'd 10-25 (not joking) npcs and ran them toward me and the operative every friggen time.

It got so bad and annoying it was the first time I had ever quit an FP.

And on Mandalorian Raiders, the dumb Marauder who aggro'd every single group and overwhelmed us again and again, never catching on.

Rule #16

Pop stims, wait until a boss fight, BRB, return a few mins later, go on how everyone is a bunch of noobs because they are still fighting, then run off and aggro the next area, realize you screwed up, and bring them into an already difficult boss fight.

THEN, use all your CCs and rage attacks on the NPCs ignoring the boss, followed by dying, and leaving your whole team to be wiped out, and doing it again after spawning. THEN when the boss is finally dead and eveyrone else is near death, aggro the npcs in the next area and drag them toward your team, getting them wiped out AGAIN.

I just started a Powertech and had fun learning some basic tanking things with my character in the opening dungeon. (( I know you don't need a tank for it but it made good practice tanking as if you did.))

So I finally get to run Hammer Station the first FP that you need a Tank, A Healer, and 2 DPS.

Sure enough Idiot Marauder guy with his two light sabers decides it's his job to tank by jumping at every pack of mob while I'm venting heating from the last fight and the healer is recovering their force pool. No matter how many times he dies he just doesn't learn. By the end of the run I stop taunting off of him and the healer stops healing him and nobody rezzes him after he dies, forcing him to run back... and it still doesn't sink in that he's doing anything wrong.

:tran_tongue:

Honestly I think there is something about the color pattern of two light sabers buzzing and swirling about that charms the stupid into thinking they are the stars of a single player game and everybody else playing is just an NPC there to make them look good.

Edited by StarMagus

This is quite funny indeed ... and as with most humor, it is funny because of how true it is.

I tried leveling one at one time but the class itself had nothing to do with why I stopped. It was because I would be part of the "Marauder" community and it is so very poorly represented at the best of times by it's players (yes there are always the very good ones ... but sadly drowned out by the scrubs).

Too bad their isn't a sniper version of this but not about being good at being bad but rather what to expect when playing one such as:

1. Nobody will actually know what any of your abilities do and will never actually think YOU are the one killing lots of stuff under massive aoe and superior single target dps (I mean you are in the back of the bus ... what they don't see doesn't happen remember) so when the Marauder player in voice chat constantly gloats over how much damage they do and how cool their abilities are just smile and nod and stay quiet.

2. If you find you actually get a heal from the healer please promptly remind them to stop and go back to ignoring you as a functional member of group.

Edited by Tamanous

Love my Marauder but the class is so overplayed its insane.

If and I mean IF you can find group be happy, your butt can be replaced in second with any of the other Dps classes.

And just remember Tank & healer are the group,,, start trouble with them and it will be you being removed.

Edited by Kesica

Rule #19: Always use double saber through to start a fight. Even though it is an AOE that may knock off CC'ed mobs, as a Mara it is your responsibility to show off your dual saber throw because that is what everyone in the group has come to see. Follow it up quickly with Smash if possible.

I had to laugh but sadly it's very true. There are exceptions of course but god there are so many of these marauders out there.

I usually am a healer but I do tank here and there. Nowadays when dps, especially marauders, pull this crap I don't even bother to heal or taunt...I just let them die. The rest of the group usually manages without them.

This is why I hate OPs to a pretty good level, too many idiots who never bother to heal themselves between fights, and then blame the healers for not doing thier job.

this is my #1 pet peeve when playing my op healer.

and yes, it's most often a marauder leaping (first) into the next group still at half life and whinging because I couldn't heal them fast enough.

i'm nice enough to give one warning, after that, if they don't heal themselves before the fight, I won't heal them during it. it usually only takes one death for them to get the message.

Don't forget to leap/run out of the healer's line-of-sight as much as possible. Gotta keep them sharp.

and this is my #2 pet peeve. I usually try crouch in cover before the tank starts the pull, having to leave cover to chase down an idiot is annoying.

• 2 months later...
Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.

Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.

Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.

Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.

Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.

Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.

Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%

Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you ;)

Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.

Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.

Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)

Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.

Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.

Rule #14 of Marauders: When fighting a boss that cast tons of skills be sure to yell at everyone else to interupt but remember its never your job to interupt them. If he cast it be sure to blame the tank for being a n00b.

These rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips ;)

Oh my God, this was hilarious!